Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some great tips on this thread! I'm almost 31 and starting to see some first signs now especially on my forehead, my face gets dry and I was using clinique moisture surge, I switched to Elizabeth Arden hydration gel but not impressed with it so far 😕. I'm thinking of trying clinique spf 40 face cream but would love any tips / advice.

Reactions: 1
Hey! This thread is for devices and treatments, if you want skincare advice, your best bet would be to post on a skincare specific thread like this one:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@SqualorVictoria Long time lurker here but interested in the Reduit Uni, do you still use conditioner or just shampoo and then use the Uni as conditioner on wet hair?
Hey! I use shampoo and conditioner as normal and the Uni at leave in conditioner stage. I've only used it twice now, once on dry hair and second on wet hair. It worked well both times

I like mine! I don't think the skin one is as good as the UFO, the UFO always makes me feel like I've had a facial. The hair function is great and while I can't say it's going to replace traditional styling products completely, I think it's a great addition. I also think it'll be great for touch ups, if hair is feeling a bit dry between washes or whatever

Eugh just looked and Current Body have offers on the NuFace. I've resisted today, but I can already feel my will crumbling and once I've had a glass of wine later, I think it will fall completely. Why are there so many different versions?! I am so confused. Does anyone have the NuFace Mini Facial Toner? It's got 40% off at the moment so I'm kind of tempted to try that. Or should I just go all in with the NuFace Trinity?

Oh tit, got so distracted looking at the website I forgot I'd put the red paint-stripper Ordinary mask on my face and left it on for 20 minutes!!!!

Reactions: 2
Have a quick search if you can, because a few of us have tried different versions of the NuFace, and it depends what you’re after. I think the larger one has a bit more oomph than the mini one, but if budget is key, the mini will do most of what you want. I almost never use the ELE attachment even though it’s one of the reasons I bought the version I did :rolleyes:. Must try it again.

Have a quick search if you can, because a few of us have tried different versions of the NuFace, and it depends what you’re after. I think the larger one has a bit more oomph than the mini one, but if budget is key, the mini will do most of what you want. I almost never use the ELE attachment even though it’s one of the reasons I bought the version I did :rolleyes:. Must try it again.
Thanks, I'll do that and see if I can find the discussions. I think I might opt for the mini given the price and see how I get on. It was the ELE attachment I was wondering about, but I know how lazy I am, I bet I wouldn't use it either 🤣

It kind of squicks me out, using it on my eyelids . I’m such a baby.
I've ordered the FECC eye cream since Deciem have 23% off... will probably do diddly-squat like every other eye cream I've wasted money on, but the reviews were too good not to give it a try!

Eugh just looked and Current Body have offers on the NuFace. I've resisted today, but I can already feel my will crumbling and once I've had a glass of wine later, I think it will fall completely. Why are there so many different versions?! I am so confused. Does anyone have the NuFace Mini Facial Toner? It's got 40% off at the moment so I'm kind of tempted to try that. Or should I just go all in with the NuFace Trinity?

Oh tit, got so distracted looking at the website I forgot I'd put the red paint-stripper Ordinary mask on my face and left it on for 20 minutes!!!!
I have the Nuface Mini. In fact I have two so that I can do both sides on my face at once (and also so that if one stops working I'll still have another one). I've been using it regularly for three years.

I've no experience of the Nuface Trinity. As @rosemarina says, she found that it has a bit more oomph than the Mini. I haven't heard that from other reviewers - they say the Mini works as well as the Trinity - but maybe they haven't had personal experience of using both.

There's a fairly recent YouTube about NuFace by someone who goes by the name The Honest Channel. It addresses the specific question you raise about which model to get. She says that she bought the Trinity so as to be able to use the ELE attachment but, having bought it, realised she didn't need the attachment and wished she'd bought the Mini instead.

Reactions: 5
I went on a late night out yesterday and I’m actually enjoying fantasising about using the foreo stuff to fix my skin more than I enjoyed the night out itself 🤣

I feel like unless you have specific skin concerns you know the trinity/ELE would deal with better, getting the mini if it’s 40% off ATM is the best option. Calming puffy eyes IME is about avoiding allergens, drinking enough water, moisturising, lymphatic drainage, and using a micro current device along my brow bone…I haven’t felt the need to get the ELE yet. Never say never but yeah don’t spend a heap more money if you aren’t sure about it

Reactions: 4
I'm going to go against the grain and say that the Trinity is worth the extra money. You don't need to buy the attachments but the bigger size makes it worthwhile for me. And at least if at some point in the future your needs change you can always buy one or both of the attachments. I have both attachments and used them loads in the beginning, not so much now but still no regrets

I bought your Trinity on it's own at first and only got the two attachments after a while (and not at the same time so this spread the cost out a bit)

@greenvelvet I totally get what you mean. Devices and skincare are my hobby and I enjoy the pampering. If I look tired or whatever I enjoy the pampering and see it like a challenge!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks everyone!! I've ordered... didn't even need the wine. Ordered the mini and accidentally bought a load more UFO masks while I was at it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m thinking about replacing my Clarisonic with a Foreo Luna with all the deals coming up, a yearly supply of the heads I like is almost as expensive anyway. There seem to be a few, any recommendations? Would the mini (cheapest one) do the job just for daily cleansing?

Someone said to keep the paperwork when you buy through LookFantastic - just out of interest, how come?

I’m thinking about replacing my Clarisonic with a Foreo Luna with all the deals coming up, a yearly supply of the heads I like is almost as expensive anyway. There seem to be a few, any recommendations? Would the mini (cheapest one) do the job just for daily cleansing?
I have the Luna Mini 3 and it's great, it's dual sided with a scrubbier side for congested areas. The charge lasts forever also.

Also have the Luna sensitive which I do like but is a bit more faffy as it's tied to the app. The Mini 3 was given to me as a gift and I use that more because I don't need to use the app

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.