Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I couldn't wait so I went ahead and used it and am delighted! Hair didn't need washing so I just went over my hair with the precision conditioner and then gave it a blast with the hairdryer. The mist that comes out is gossamer thin. My hair is crazy glossy now, am so pleased

• Wow
Reactions: 9

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Sounds like a wise move! Best to save up and get one with good reviews

I'm testing out the Avene serum and spray as a replacement for conductivity gel on my Bear (info in the link below). Used it today and my skin feels good. And best of all, no need to rinse off!

• Heart

Smoke_and_Mirrors

Chatty Member
I have the current body face mask and neck and dec mask. They are the 10min red and infrared lights. I also have a nuface trinity and mini so halves the time for a treatment when you can do both sides of your face at a time. I saw on YouTube that using a rooibos or green tea serum can increase effectiveness of light therapy so I've just started using one with it. I'm 50 and I think the biggest difference has been with my neck. That's looking much smoother. Also the mask drastically reduces the permanent redness from rosacea so happy to continue with it all. I've just added facial massage to my night time routine and my skin is loving that too

I’ve been feeling a bit sorry for myself lately. I wear my stress very physically and visibly so my face is an absolute disaster. Then I remembered my UFO 2 and so after a bath I used it and a mask and whilst obviously no gadget is so good that my skin has magically cleared up, it feels so much better. I am grateful for the life choices I made when I bought the UFO 2.
Also, I have a very old Luna Mini which I last charged over a year ago and it’s still going strong! I only use it 1-2 times a fortnight but given that it is years old you’d have thought it would have needed more charging. I’m so impressed. Using that with my second cleanse tonight definitely made a difference to how my skin felt before I even used the UFO 2.

• Heart

IndigoViolet

I'd agree, CurrentBody are terrific. I personally would avoid Look Fantastic for devices, have heard terrible things about them
Second this. I bought a Dr Dennis Gross LED mask from LF that had a faulty switch- essentially I couldn’t change modes. I returned it for an exchange and they kept it for a month. Telling me it “was stuck in their warehouse with quality control”. I finally received what I thought was a replacement but turned out to be the original faulty mask with additional dirty fingerprints around the switch. It still didn’t work properly! There was no despatch email, explanation or any communication from them as to what exactly QC had done with the mask. When I emailed again I was asked to return the item again so they could “investigate”. Hacked off I requested a refund which again took some chasing and around two weeks after the money was finally returned to my account.
So in short, don’t buy devices from them. Their Customer Service is appalling.

• Wow

Aude

VIP Member
I've been using a Nuface Mini for a little over two years - using it pretty well every other day for a longish session. I would never have kept up with using it though if I'd tried to use it in the morning - I need to get on with my day.

The only way I've been able to integrate it into my routine is by using it in the evening, and always when I'm watching something on screen. I'd be too bored if I was just in front of the bathroom mirror.

Because it gives an immediate lift, clearly there's value in using it in the morning - and I do occasionally use it if I'm going out and want to look my best - but it also has a cumulative effect which is what I'm using it for.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
She looks amazing! As I said on the SH thread a few days ago, Sali is completely irrelevant as a skincare 'guru' because she has no interest in talking about or exploring healthy eating, exercise, devices, she just wangs on about how comfy a cream is. I love Angie's holistic approach

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
John Lewis are doing 25% off all UFO masks - I've not really seen anywhere doing them cheaper. Boots, Beauty Bay etc have some offers on but only for a couple of mask types, JL have quite a few in stock

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Is anyone eyeing up anything for Black Friday? I’m finally going to get an led mask. I’ve fallen back in love with my devices again. I’m delighted with the sensilift mini! I’ve done 2 full face treatments now and I look super fresh. Exciting to see what end results will be!

Im also being very religious with supplements, and also my skincare around this. I’ve got back into my ufo (have run out of ‘normal’ moisture masks so making use of my resources😆).

I’m doing my winter round of the smoothskin bare as well, and it’s honestly one of my favourite gadgets I have - it’s a slow starter, and I doubted it did anything, but time has shown that’s it’s defo money well spent!

• Heart

greenvelvet

VIP Member
On the NuFace age thing - I started with the mini about a year ago. I’m in my mid 20s. It hasn’t totally got my jawline (hence my questions about Kybella - - thanks Aude!) but I’ve noticed it helps me look “awake”. Before, when I’d had a bad night’s sleep I’d look really tired. Now, you can’t tell so much. It doesn’t get my under eye circles but my cheekbones look more defined and I look quite taut (in a good way). My eyes look more lifted as well.

I had the smallest little creases at the sides of my forehead - not quite wrinkles - and those are mostly gone now. I’d had a solid skincare routine for two years when I started so I’m pretty sure it’s the NuFace that’s doing it.

If you feel like your face drops a little when you’re tired (totally normal), I would say it’s worth getting even in your 20s.

Im not sure whether to get the Luna, UFO2 or an LED mask next. I think I’m gonna get my mum the UFO2 for Christmas. She just turned 60 and I want to treat her!

• Heart

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Ah thank you, I shouldn’t have been fishing for attention there, it’s just a bit of work stress and in the grand scheme of things and the way the world is for so many at the moment, my problems are decidedly First World! But yeah, the time of year has probably knocked me for six a bit, not that I wish ill on anyone but it’s nice to know a lot of folk are feeling a bit ‘blah’ of late and it’s not just me feeling a bit like a forgotten balloon from a birthday party; a bit deflated and sad in a corner, haha!
Sorry you are feeling crap! But glad you had a bath and a mask, I was saying on another thread it’s the little things you put in place to build a routine of looking after yourself ❤ It seems trivial, but honestly the few mins I spend doing a face gadget or something every few days just zones me out and helps me switch off. I struggle with wearing/physically showing my stress too do really empathise xx

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Hi all!

This is the thread for all your cosmetic/ beauty devices and procedures queries

Last thread:

Many of us are now on the fence about Reduit Uni

Also, thanks again to @Aude for the title!

Rainbow1

VIP Member
I got a Foreo Luna fofo at TKMaxx today reduced to £15!

skin feeling very smooth after first use so excited to see long term what it’s like

January

I much prefer using a flannel. Feels softer on my skin and retains the heat. I find muslin very scratchy and thin and takes ages to get soft. I’ve got in touch with PayPal and advised them. Sent 3 emails to Reduit and none of them have even been acknowledged. Item still with Hermes and no movement on their tracking system. Really disappointed and not impressed with level of customer service.

• Sad

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Would avoid. From what I understand the procedure is performed blind- that is without image guidance. The risk being that the operator can puncture your salivary and parotid glands, as well as several nerves. Have seen all sorts of hideous complications that end up more unsightly- weird lumps and scarring- coming to the Max-Fax clinic.
Thanks for the advice. I had filler instead and an beyond happy with the results

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
In my long experience of cosmetic procedures/surgery the results are never as good as I imagine they're going to be. I've found that either the procedure does work well but there's an unforeseen downside or that it doesn't make as much difference as I'd hoped. Coolsculpting falls into the latter category.

I've always been slim, skinny even. In my mid/late 40s I suddenly put on a lot of weight around my middle that no amount of exercise or dieting would shift. When it got to the point where my face was looking gaunt but the fat around my middle wasn't shifting, I had liposuction. Coolsculpting wasn't around then. Liposuction fell into the first category - it worked, it took out a lot of fat from my lower abdomen, but there was a downside in that it left some unevenness to the contour of my abdomen. I later had a second liposuction procedure to the midriff area which didn't work as well as the first.

Then Coolsculpting came along and I thought it might get rid of the fat in the midriff area that still bothered me. The doctor I consulted was Tracy Mountford at the Cosmetic Skin Clinic (who I mentioned on the SH thread the other day). She assessed me as a suitable case for treatment but said something like 'I warn you, it's addictive'. How right she was! Having had it for the midriff I then had it for the back and flanks (love handles). And then went round again, redoing the same areas (by that stage it had been discovered that you really needed more than one session for each area). I'm not sure how many sessions I had - around 20.

It does seem to work a bit. And because it works, you think - or I thought - that just another session would get the result I wanted.

I think I was in the end happy with the result but I'm not sure that it's been permanent, even though it's supposed to be and even though my weight hasn't changed. I also think - not sure if this is true - that if you remove fat cells from one area, fat gets laid down in fat cells elsewhere. I wonder whether removing fat from my abdomen meant that my back got fatter. I wonder whether I ended up chasing the fat around my body!

In retrospect I think I might have been better having more liposuction than embarking on such a lengthy (and expensive) course of Coolsculpting - but I didn't know it was going to be so lengthy when I started. I think liposuction is a surer way of removing fat and I'm sure techniques have improved hugely over the past 15 or so years since I had it.

Coolsculpting techniques have improved a lot too since I first had it. They can now treat a bigger area in one go and what used to be a 60 minute cycle is now down to 30 minutes (maybe less - I haven't enquired recently).

I found the procedure itself fine and was always very well looked after by the practitioners at the Cosmetic Skin Clinic.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I’ve been using my LED mask for maybe coming upto a month now, using it every other night and I have to say I’ve really noticed a difference in my skin in terms of texture, pore size, spots. I look and feel glowy 🥰 I don’t know if that’s meant to have that impact but I think it’s a mixture of that and having really nailed my routine the past year. The pore size is a bit thing for me

• Heart