Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope you’re feeling better.
I’m sure it’s the time of year. Everyone I speak to feels like their get up and go has got up and gone.

I almost bought the UFO 1 when it was a TSV on QVC the other week but decided against it because I’ve loads of “normal” masks to use up. At least it’s given me a kick up the backside to start using them again, I did one on Sunday and another today. I should get them all used up in time to get a UFO 2 on Black Friday NEXT year! 😁
Ah thank you, I shouldn’t have been fishing for attention there, it’s just a bit of work stress and in the grand scheme of things and the way the world is for so many at the moment, my problems are decidedly First World! But yeah, the time of year has probably knocked me for six a bit, not that I wish ill on anyone but it’s nice to know a lot of folk are feeling a bit ‘blah’ of late and it’s not just me feeling a bit like a forgotten balloon from a birthday party; a bit deflated and sad in a corner, haha!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ah thank you, I shouldn’t have been fishing for attention there, it’s just a bit of work stress and in the grand scheme of things and the way the world is for so many at the moment, my problems are decidedly First World! But yeah, the time of year has probably knocked me for six a bit, not that I wish ill on anyone but it’s nice to know a lot of folk are feeling a bit ‘blah’ of late and it’s not just me feeling a bit like a forgotten balloon from a birthday party; a bit deflated and sad in a corner, haha!
Sorry you are feeling crap! But glad you had a bath and a mask, I was saying on another thread it’s the little things you put in place to build a routine of looking after yourself ❤ It seems trivial, but honestly the few mins I spend doing a face gadget or something every few days just zones me out and helps me switch off. I struggle with wearing/physically showing my stress too do really empathise xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Has anyone used an ordinary gua sha and seen any benefits? Thanks.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Has anyone used an ordinary gua sha and seen any benefits? Thanks.
I like my ordinary gua sha! It and jade roller definitely improve puffiness/drainage, and I feel like the gua sha does a lot for facial tension. Hard to isolate the benefit as I use lots of things on my face 😂 but I do like it, I always make sure to do it before I go anywhere.

Reactions: 2
Just out of interest some of you are fast at spotting if someone has had fillers. How so? What’s the tell tale sign?

Reactions: 1
Just out of interest some of you are fast at spotting if someone has had fillers. How so? What’s the tell tale sign?
Yes like @IdeletedbutI'mbackagain said, puffiness. With the lips it’s often the way the top lip sits, and a plumpness to the skin beyond the natural lip line. With under-eye filler it’s a smoothness/plumpness that seems incongruent with their face. Like the under eye seems smooth but you can see the person has (totally normal) wrinkling at the side of their eye. I bet there’s loads I don’t spot too! But when I do notice it I think that’s what I can see.

Reactions: 2
Lip fillers are easy to spot. They puff out in a way that lips don't, and there's often a semi circle of thicker skin above their top lip when they talk.

The puffiness in the face from cheek fillers may not be too noticeable for some people but it often makes their eyes look unnaturally small. Years ago it was a tell tale sign of a face-lift, but recently it tends to be fillers that cause it.

Reactions: 6
Best to wait for Black Friday? Or go ahead with this offer? Will I just need to repurchase the primer going forwards? I saw that they do face-masks for after using the device.

5E274B55-8185-4949-947A-B8777C40461C.jpeg

Hey guys, I just wanted to share a REALLY bad experience I had with Lookfantastic the last few weeks.

I preordered the Advent Calendar in September, at the time we were told they were to be delivered in October. October arrived and I got no notification of dispatch and que a 6 week long process to find out where my delivery was. The took €102 out of my account on October 14th (even though they weren't supposed to take the money until dispatch was ready) the then supposedly sent the item on the 20th but the tracking number I got for it was a dud. I contacted them for the correct tracking number and they never gave me one just said to wait until the 9th November for delivery.

We'll the 10th came and no item or tracking number and I got back onto them to demand my refund but they refused to give me a refund until I "returned the unwanted item" even though they know I didn't have it because even they don't know where it is!!

I started the chargeback process with my bank, spammed their Facebook and Instagram posts looking for my money and letting people know what happened me, reviewed them on Trustpilot and I private messaged them on Instagram and shared all my messages with them from the app (10 screenshots in total) outlining the different times they lied to me etc.

They agreed to refund me yesterday but I honestly think that's because my bank must have reversed the charge already.

Please don't buy from them, they have good deals but what's the point if you never get the item!!??

Sorry for the long post, I just don't want anyone else to get stung as I consider myself very lucky to get my money back from them and it took alot of time and effort on my part to ensure that I did.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Hey guys, I just wanted to share a REALLY bad experience I had with Lookfantastic the last few weeks.

I preordered the Advent Calendar in September, at the time we were told they were to be delivered in October. October arrived and I got no notification of dispatch and que a 6 week long process to find out where my delivery was. The took €102 out of my account on October 14th (even though they weren't supposed to take the money until dispatch was ready) the then supposedly sent the item on the 20th but the tracking number I got for it was a dud. I contacted them for the correct tracking number and they never gave me one just said to wait until the 9th November for delivery.

We'll the 10th came and no item or tracking number and I got back onto them to demand my refund but they refused to give me a refund until I "returned the unwanted item" even though they know I didn't have it because even they don't know where it is!!

I started the chargeback process with my bank, spammed their Facebook and Instagram posts looking for my money and letting people know what happened me, reviewed them on Trustpilot and I private messaged them on Instagram and shared all my messages with them from the app (10 screenshots in total) outlining the different times they lied to me etc.

They agreed to refund me yesterday but I honestly think that's because my bank must have reversed the charge already.

Please don't buy from them, they have good deals but what's the point if you never get the item!!??

Sorry for the long post, I just don't want anyone else to get stung as I consider myself very lucky to get my money back from them and it took alot of time and effort on my part to ensure that I did.
I had a terrible experience with them trying to get a refund as well. I refuse to buy anything from them anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Conversely some items fell out of a Cult Beauty parcel recently during shipping and they were so good about sending out replacements to me ! The market is so competitive these days I don't know how Look Fantastic gets away with such subpar customer service.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Conversely some items fell out of a Cult Beauty parcel recently during shipping and they were so good about sending out replacements to me ! The market is so competitive these days I don't know how Look Fantastic gets away with such subpar customer service.
I have no idea either and their Trustpilot is really well reviewed which I just don’t believe as I have heard so many bad stories now. They must pay for positive reviews or something.
The same with Estrid razors actually (destroyed my legs).
@Brian Butterfield did you get your money back!??

Best to wait for Black Friday? Or go ahead with this offer? Will I just need to repurchase the primer going forwards? I saw that they do face-masks for after using the device.
I think it is a good price but, in my opinion, the NuFace Trinity is only worth getting (rather than the NuFace Mini which is half the price) if at some stage you will want to get either or both of the two attachments.

I doubt there'll be a cheaper Black Friday price but to hedge your bets you could buy it, leave it unopened and return it if a cheaper one comes along. CurrentBody accepts 'changed my mind' returns up to 30 days but you pay the postage.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.