Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks, its the effort that worries me 😂 love the idea of throwing the mask on and not having to do anything!!!
Are you using the nuface often?
I mean, it's not that much of an effort really - I am just uber lazy :ROFLMAO: I am doing it at least 5 days a week at the moment. I think once you've been going a while you can drop down to 2-3 times a week to maintain it. Really glad I bought it though. I'm going to try harder to get into a good routine from January onwards with skincare... stopped using my UFO but just bought a load more masks so going to start those again a couple of times a week. Also ran my skincare stash right down this year so ordered a couple of kits/calendars in the sales to try out some new goodies!

Reactions: 6
I am extraordinarily lazy (seriously; it’s a skill I perform to Olympian levels) and need something I can put on a few times a week/whenever needed and forget about. Can’t be doing with gliding a device around/massaging creams etc. What’s the best device I can buy to do this? Sorry if I’ve missed this somewhere on the thread!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I am extraordinarily lazy (seriously; it’s a skill I perform to Olympian levels) and need something I can put on a few times a week/whenever needed and forget about. Can’t be doing with gliding a device around/massaging creams etc. What’s the best device I can buy to do this? Sorry if I’ve missed this somewhere on the thread!
Im sorry I just have to say I love your profile picture and name! We love Mr Bubs in this house, he’s the picture on our family group chat 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Im sorry I just have to say I love your profile picture and name! We love Mr Bubs in this house, he’s the picture on our family group chat 🤣
Hah yes Mr Bubz is a little legend! He always captures my mood perfectly (today am on day 6 of Covid quarantine in a v small room…)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Fellow idle sloth here. 100% an LED mask. 10 mins a day, 5 or so times a week and you get to lie down whilst you do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What exactly does the LED mask do, what’s it’s purpose? Is it a completely different thing to the nuface/bear and even the UFO which uses LED

Reactions: 1
My vote would be for the NuFace, but get the one that you can buy the ELE attachment for, then you are covered for jowls and eyes.
I was thinking the same thing!

Hi everyone!
I’m new to this thread but definitely need to add something to my skincare routine.
Could someone please tell me what the difference between all the devices are ?
Hi!

Okay so, the frequently mentioned devices here sort of fit into four different categories.

LED Masks - Current Body, Omnilux, Dr Denis Gross etc. For more info on how these works I recommend this excellent blog. It goes into what they do, how they work etc. Great for the lazy - I just wear mine in bed for 15 minutes at night or in the morning while I make my coffee. You can get one for your decolletage too.

Microcurrents - Foreo Bear, NuFace etc. I'm not 100% on the science of these but I think they help tone your facial mucles with little electrical currents. I definitely look more 'awake' after regular use.
Hot & Flashy is a favourite of many here, and does a good video comparing the two.

and the third 'Nifty skincare gadgets' - Foreo UFO (which also had LED, and you use with little sheet masks), Reduit (which claims to push concentrated product into the skin using a very fine mist). Reduit is new-ish and there have been mixed opinions on it here. But the UFO (and UFO 2) are well loved!

Face scrubbers - Basically where the no-longer sold Clarisonic would go. Some of us now use one of the Foreo Luna devices.

All of these devices end up on sale/special so definitely look out for those.

I am missing a few devices here I think, but these are the main ones.

Please don't feel a need to get it all. What are you main concerns? there's probably a device best suited that we can reccommend.

What exactly does the LED mask do, what’s it’s purpose? Is it a completely different thing to the nuface/bear and even the UFO which uses LED
yes! Different thing to the microcurrent devices. Have a look at the blog post I linked from Goals to Get glowing. I found it super useful when researching buying mine.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Hi!

Okay so, the frequently mentioned devices here sort of fit into four different categories.

LED Masks - Current Body, Omnilux, Dr Denis Gross etc. For more info on how these works I recommend this excellent blog. It goes into what they do, how they work etc. Great for the lazy - I just wear mine in bed for 15 minutes at night or in the morning while I make my coffee. You can get one for your decolletage too.

Microcurrents - Foreo Bear, NuFace etc. I'm not 100% on the science of these but I think they help tone your facial mucles with little electrical currents. I definitely look more 'awake' after regular use.
Hot & Flashy is a favourite of many here, and does a good video comparing the two.

and the third 'Nifty skincare gadgets' - Foreo UFO (which also had LED, and you use with little sheet masks), Reduit (which claims to push concentrated product into the skin using a very fine mist). Reduit is new-ish and there have been mixed opinions on it here. But the UFO (and UFO 2) are well loved!

Face scrubbers - Basically where the no-longer sold Clarisonic would go. Some of us now use one of the Foreo Luna devices.

Please don't feel a need to get it all. What are you main concerns? there's probably a device best suited that we can reccommend.

yes! Different thing to the microcurrent devices. Have a look at the blog post I linked from Goals to Get glowing. I found it super useful when researching buying mine.
I think this should be included in the first post of the next thread!

Hi!

Other nifty gadgets I would include are the Foreo espeda which is a device to target spots. I have found it does help reduce them when I get large under the skin hormonal spots.

I would also highlight the differenc between the NuFace and the NuFace Fix. The NuFace Trinity and Mini devices the current moves deeper into the skin/muscle for longer lasting results. With the Fix from what I have read the current does not go so deep so it's more to improve the look of skin prior to an event.

Also radiofrequency devices such as the Sensica and Tripollar which act by warming the skin and apparently help to tighten and stimulate the production of collagen.

I've not been great with my devices the last few months but going to get back unto a routine with them when I get home from visiting family.

Other nifty gadgets I would include are the Foreo espeda which is a device to target spots. I have found it does help reduce them when I get large under the skin hormonal spots.

I would also highlight the differenc between the NuFace and the NuFace Fix. The NuFace Trinity and Mini devices the current moves deeper into the skin/muscle for longer lasting results. With the Fix from what I have read the current does not go so deep so it's more to improve the look of skin prior to an event.

Also radiofrequency devices such as the Sensica and Tripollar which act by warming the skin and apparently help to tighten and stimulate the production of collagen.

I've not been great with my devices the last few months but going to get back unto a routine with them when I get home from visiting family.
Yea excellent additions! I really love my espada for hormonal spots too. I meant to mention the radio frequency devices but couldn’t remember the word or their brands 😅 my brain blanked on it all. Thanks Libertine 🥰

Used the NuFace mini for the first time this morning. My face does all feel a bit different for using it, whether that’s because I’m deliberately looking and feeling for a difference or because it was basically a bit of a massage I don’t really know, but I liked it! I followed up with The Ordinary’s Argireline because people describe it as ‘Botox in a bottle’.

When I downloaded the Foreo app for my UFO2 I was impressed that I could register my ancient Luna Mini as well. There’s no particular connectivity gains that I can see but it did allow me to look at the manual to make sure I’m getting the best use out of it.

I’ve gone a bit gadget mad in the last couple of months and I got a Philips Lumea IPL device as well. I bought it primarily to deal with delightful excess facial hair, but I decided to test it on my underarms first and I must say I’m quite impressed that after only 2 treatments it’s slowed the growth of my underarm hair. I turn into Cousin It within hours of shaving usually, all over (such a delight!). I think it will probably be a longer road with my face but so far, so promising!

Reactions: 7
On the topic of laser hair that reminds me - I stopped using my SmoothSkin on my armpits because it just did nothing, but I've been going to Therapie for laser removal and after 2 sessions my armpits are practically bare, I think I've shaved them twice in the last 12 weeks. I got a 10 pack of appointments in one of their sales so it only costs £10 a session (I was having laser elsewhere a few years ago and it cost me £50 a session!) I didn't know if it would actually be any good but I'm really impressed with it so far. Sadly the legs/other body area packages are way more expensive so will stick to the pits for now!

Reactions: 5
Thanks everyone for the info. I’m watching the YouTube’s now about the different devices to narrow it down.
I might have to go back to the booze to work out which to order in the end 😀

Hi!

Great info. Thanks so much. ❤

Had a first go with the UFO 2. I used the acai berry treatment. It was very gloopy getting it out of the sachet and onto the device and it took me a while to clip the ring on. I then pulled the treatment mask off the device during the treatment so maybe I was being a bit too firm! I had some of the serum left over so had another go and all in all I enjoyed it and my skin feels nice. What masks do you rate with the UFO? I noticed I can make a custom treatment, is there anything you like to use with it that isn’t a Foreo mask? I noticed they gave me a tiny sample of serum with the device.

Looking forward to waking up looking like a model tomorrow 🤣

Reactions: 4
I've had too much time on my hands this Christmas and I'm now convinced I need a radio frequency device to add to the collection. I've been looking at the Newa and the Tripollar Stop Vx...Has anyone tried either? I've also discovered a lady on YouTube called Beauty Beyond 40 who has tried loads of different devices (some of which are only available in the US which is a bit annoying, but still some handy tutorials/reviews etc in any case).

UPDATE: I'm going to have to stop watching this, as I've now added a Nira laser to my wishlist!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.