Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all!

This is the thread for all your cosmetic/ beauty devices and procedures queries

Last thread:

Many of us are now on the fence about Reduit Uni

Also, thanks again to @Aude for the title!

Reactions: 8
Regarding everyone’s age, I’m in my late 20s and I’ve the UFO 2, nuface mini and fix+, current body led mask and sensica sensilift. The only one I don’t get use out of is the fix+! The women in my family have terrible genetics for skin aging, my skin is also texture and breakout prone. I’ve always been interested in science and skincare so I’ve started early with preventative measures. Very simple skin care routine at this stage just lots of moisture and spf, and retinol. But I’ve definitely seen a difference using all of my devices, and I would like to upkeep their use (so i don’t think I’ll get anything else for now, these three fit into my routine and I see a difference and I think consistency is key in everything in life). I use my led mask most mornings on clean skin (~5x a week) while I make my coffee and breakfast, and clean my room. I then use my nuface before I do my morning skincare (~5x a week). I’ve been using the sensilift once a week while watching a movie on Saturdays/sundays for the past two-three months and this seems to fit into my routine well. I’ve noticed a big difference in the overall tone of my face using the nuface and I’ve also noticed a big difference in my nasolobial folds and skin quality thanks to the sensilift. I use the ufo 2 about twice a week as a night treatment, and I’ve definitely noticed a big difference in the overall tone and condition of my skin thanks to this (and I’d imagine also thanks to the led mask). Its a hobby and not a chore for me, and seeing the results is very satisfying!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Okay you guys, I went ahead and ordered the Reduit Uni. I tweaked the haircare recommendations a bit and got vapoured strength, volume LED and precision conditioner to cover all bases. And I got precision shield for skin

If I like it after trying it I will get more skin ones in the future but didn't want to go nuts for now- at the moment I want it primarily as a hair device

Reactions: 5
On the NuFace age thing - I started with the mini about a year ago. I’m in my mid 20s. It hasn’t totally got my jawline (hence my questions about Kybella - - thanks Aude!) but I’ve noticed it helps me look “awake”. Before, when I’d had a bad night’s sleep I’d look really tired. Now, you can’t tell so much. It doesn’t get my under eye circles but my cheekbones look more defined and I look quite taut (in a good way). My eyes look more lifted as well.

I had the smallest little creases at the sides of my forehead - not quite wrinkles - and those are mostly gone now. I’d had a solid skincare routine for two years when I started so I’m pretty sure it’s the NuFace that’s doing it.

If you feel like your face drops a little when you’re tired (totally normal), I would say it’s worth getting even in your 20s.

Im not sure whether to get the Luna, UFO2 or an LED mask next. I think I’m gonna get my mum the UFO2 for Christmas. She just turned 60 and I want to treat her!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My suggestion would be the LED mask as that's a once off purchase- I think unless someone has expressly said they want the UFO it can be tricky as it means they're tied to having to repurchase the masks so probably better to decide to get it on their own accord. An LED mask is an amazing present!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Okay you guys, I went ahead and ordered the Reduit Uni. I tweaked the haircare recommendations a bit and got vapoured strength, volume LED and precision conditioner to cover all bases. And I got precision shield for skin

If I like it after trying it I will get more skin ones in the future but didn't want to go nuts for now- at the moment I want it primarily as a hair device
I don’t know why I’m still waiting 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t know why I’m still waiting 😂
I'll be sure to post an update!

Regarding everyone’s age, I’m in my late 20s and I’ve the UFO 2, nuface mini and fix+, current body led mask and sensica sensilift. The only one I don’t get use out of is the fix+! The women in my family have terrible genetics for skin aging, my skin is also texture and breakout prone. I’ve always been interested in science and skincare so I’ve started early with preventative measures. Very simple skin care routine at this stage just lots of moisture and spf, and retinol. But I’ve definitely seen a difference using all of my devices, and I would like to upkeep their use (so i don’t think I’ll get anything else for now, these three fit into my routine and I see a difference and I think consistency is key in everything in life). I use my led mask most mornings on clean skin (~5x a week) while I make my coffee and breakfast, and clean my room. I then use my nuface before I do my morning skincare (~5x a week). I’ve been using the sensilift once a week while watching a movie on Saturdays/sundays for the past two-three months and this seems to fit into my routine well. I’ve noticed a big difference in the overall tone of my face using the nuface and I’ve also noticed a big difference in my nasolobial folds and skin quality thanks to the sensilift. I use the ufo 2 about twice a week as a night treatment, and I’ve definitely noticed a big difference in the overall tone and condition of my skin thanks to this (and I’d imagine also thanks to the led mask). Its a hobby and not a chore for me, and seeing the results is very satisfying!
Agree with all of this. For me I used to get excited about new skincare but now I stick to the same basics over and over as it's devices I see improvements from.

Reactions: 4
I have been recommended 3 pods for hair and skin with the reduit quiz. Is that what others have found?

I did the hair quiz and was recommended three smartpods. Didn't do the skin one but I added precision clear to my order to try out

Reactions: 2
Well I was thinking if this experiment works it could save me getting styling products! As someone said on the last thread, I'm also never sure of how much leave in conditioner to apply. Too much and hair can be limp, not enough and it's too dry. Hoping this device can do all the work for me!

Well I was thinking if this experiment works it could save me getting styling products! As someone said on the last thread, I'm also never sure of how much leave in conditioner to apply. Too much and hair can be limp, not enough and it's too dry. Hoping this device can do all the work for me!
With mischievously behaved curly hair I’m keen to see. Olaplex has made a difference. I’m dithering at the moment. Fascinated by the concept.

• Heart
The Currentbody LED mask is 20% off at the moment (and with the Wayne Goss stuff is only £289)! Do you think this is as good a discount as I’ll get or will it get even cheaper in pre-Christmas sales?

The Currentbody LED mask is 20% off at the moment (and with the Wayne Goss stuff is only £289)! Do you think this is as good a discount as I’ll get or will it get even cheaper in pre-Christmas sales?
I got it for 251.75 the other week 😬

I’m currently charging it!!!

• Wow
Dither no more reduit order placed for my hair and one pod for my skin. I’m now ridiculously excited. Chilled glass of vino and it’s Friday. My treats to me 😄. Absolutely love all the advice and honest feedback. I’ve lingered but only recently felt brave enough to post. Thank you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Dither no more reduit order placed for my hair and one pod for my skin. I’m now ridiculously excited. Chilled glass of vino and it’s Friday. My treats to me 😄. Absolutely love all the advice and honest feedback. I’ve lingered but only recently felt brave enough to post. Thank you all.
Welcome 🤍 though stay away from the skincare or book threads or you’ll wanna spend money 😂😂

• Haha
Welcome 🤍 though stay away from the skincare or book threads or you’ll wanna spend money 😂😂
Thank you. Too many books uploaded to the kindle that I need to wade through 😄

With mischievously behaved curly hair I’m keen to see. Olaplex has made a difference. I’m dithering at the moment. Fascinated by the concept.
Misbehaved curly hair….!

• Haha
Can anyone recommend a shampoo for greasy hair please?

I go through phases but the last few months I shower in the morning and by 3pm my hair is greasy! It's fine hair but I'm 30+ so should have grown out of it by now!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.