Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MunHun

VIP Member
I cannot stop crying tonight after seeing the updates from Ashley and Saff. They have been amazing this whole time with Azaylias illness. How they’ve managed to stay so strong and positive has truly humbled me. I feel so low thinking of all that beautiful little baby has suffered in a short time span. She doesn’t deserve this no child does. I cannot believe they have fallen at the last hurdle. It will never seem fair. Just wanted to post something as I know so many people have been praying for them and I will continue to pray for Azaylia’s comfort, peace and for her to be free of pain. That little one has been through more than most of us will ever face, she is one fierce little soul. Please stay brave little lion you have battled immensely ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 89

Lobby

I might be alone in this but the recent one of them dancing going 'champ' has made me feel really uncomfortable. The poor girl looks so exhausted and having her jumped and waved around without any say doesn't sit right with me, especially after saying she's bruising easily it can't be comfortable.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

MamaD

VIP Member
If anyone in my family was having end of life care, I would 💯 be there and have other family members around. The worst is already going to happen. The little girl will pass away, so why not pass away surround with those that love you the most. If someone is banging on about COVID restrictions at a time like this, they need to give their head a wobble. I’m no anti vaxxer but we locked down to protect the NHS from being overrun, not so we could never be together again. If you can stand in Primark with hundreds of people tomorrow then they can have some family members over to say goodbye!

• Heart
Reactions: 64

MunHun

VIP Member
I’m going go offline now for the night, but can I just say that this thread was created because the last one got shut down over people arguing back and forth.

When Ash & Saff gave the long awaited updates I set this up as I knew plenty of people had been wondering I’m the last thread why they both had been silent on social media for so long.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and we will all differ on somethings that’s a given. But please remember this is a rave thread and I feel it would benefit us all if we focused on positivity. I’m sending love to everyone in here tonight, and especially to Azaylia and Ash & Saff. I hope that Azaylia has a comfortable nights rest and that she is happy in her little self. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Just to give another POV.
My son was 3 weeks old when I was told he was going to die. I didn’t do what they’re doing. Instead, I went cold and felt numb. I couldn’t bring myself to hold him or do anything with him for a whole day. I just sat there staring at him and feeling angry that this had happened. The thoughts that some of you have had “how can this happen to a baby in this day and age?” and “how can a baby have something that can’t be cured in 201x?” just went round and round in my head. I felt incredibly disconnected and like a fake mother. I regret this now.

I think they are incredibly brave for continuing to share. They might feel that it’s all that’s keeping them going. They might feel that it’s the only way their friends and family can connect. Who knows. As long as they feel that it’s helping right now, they can do whatever they like.

Yes, it’s hard to see the stories. But remember, everyone here has the choice to stop watching them. This is their lives. This is her life. None of them have the privilege of being able to turn it off. They have to live it and they have to see it through. I think they’re being absolutely amazing.

(NB just want to clarify that somehow my son has now made it to 6, despite being on palliative care since 3 weeks old. I feel a bit like a fraud giving my experience as he’s managed to last this long but the feeling was the same at the time so I hope you can see I can relate a bit.)

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Jojo_80

It is absolutely heartbreaking, my little boy is a month younger than Azaylia and is currently going through chemo for cancer. You would be surprised where you find strength from... inside you are falling apart but on the outside you’re as strong as an ox!
Praying for some kind of miracle for their precious baby girl

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53

gigilouxx

VIP Member
No I’m not seeing people, who are trying to be as happy as possible for their dying daughter, get called obnoxious, for fuck sake

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Spider12

VIP Member
I’m not going to judge them on what they share or don’t share. I can’t even imagine what must be going through their minds right now. They have shared her journey from day 1 and so it’s probably a coping mechanism to continue to share. Grief can do some strange things to you that seem completely normal to you but strange to anyone else looking in. I know this is true for me anyway as I lost a baby at a late stage 4 years ago and I know that I did and said some things that my family were shocked by but seemed completely normal to me at the time. I made a vow then that I would never judge/comment/have an opinion on anything anyone did through grief. The kind of grief they are experiencing right now is almost to much to comprehend. Sending them and that beautiful baby girl all the love I have 💖

Sorry for that waffle above btw. I know this is a thread where everyone can give their opinions (good or bad) but I feel a little protective over them (I know I don’t know them) for possibly being judged for over sharing. We can’t possibly know what we would do in this situation as thank god we have not lived it and I hope we never will 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Greenenvy

Bleeding like this is the end stage of this cancer 💔💔 Im in the healthcare field and the only comfort I have watching these stories is assuming she’s getting pain relief often. So glad to see Saff had a visit from the community nurse. They need all the palliative support they can. It’s just incredibly heartbreaking for them, they are so strong. I think Azalyia is having periods of being more energetic and we see her interacting but I’d imagine she’s sleeping mostly now. Bless her, the poor child. Honestly it’s so heartbreaking, her parents are amazing. I hope she passes peacefully when sleeping. I pray that she won’t suffer any longer, it’s just so unfair. God bless the 3 of them, they’ve been so strong. Azalyia will gain her angel wings when she feels ready🙏🏼 I pray she has a peaceful passing in her parents arms. Love and light to all on this thread xox

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51

Susu

Honestly this thread should be closed. Some of the comments here are awful.

No one should pass any judgment of how Saf or Ashley are dealing with this or what they post, they are the most amazing strongest parents! I am so grateful they are keeping up update with posts, I am constantly checking for them.
I have fallen in love with this little lion as have thousands of others. The fact they share these moments with us make me feel so grateful.

Praying for you our little hero Azaylia!!

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Sunshinegal

I'm on the Facebook group and ive got to say I find some people, who although are being nice are being a bit too much (I mean this in the kindest way, I know it is said with love as we all are so affected by azaylias story) I think people praying for them is lovely. We all would absolutely want a miracle to happen more than anything. But posts that she will 100% live if we think positive and now one about celebrating her first birthday and how we can't wait for that and to sing happy birthday is too much. I know it is wrote with kindness and love for azaylia but I think posts like that will make it harder for Ash and saf and more painful. Just my own opinion on this.

Ash's latest story is heartbreaking. How can life do this to a innocent baby.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

Duchesspink

VIP Member
I think the time has long gone for alternative therapies.
I feel that its terribly sad what has happened to Azaylia, I feel deeply sad for them all.

I do think if its affecting you so much that it has you crying all day etc then you need to step away from the stories and photos for your own mental health.
It isn't normal to spend all day crying over a child you don't know and it isn't good for you to get into that position.

Watching the stories over the last two days and its plain to see she is struggling now. I dont think I'll watch any more as I feel deeply uncomfortable watching a babys death played out in real time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

Anycraic29

Chatty Member
I absolutely wouldn’t care if Ashley stood on top of a cliff and let that money all blow away. We as the public chose to donate and help this beautiful baby. As someone above said, anyone who has an issue with what they do with the money did not donate. There are just some nasty, cruel people in this world!

• Heart
Reactions: 45

CaroleBaskinDidIt

No I know what you meant though. It felt like it was more for their benefit and not thinking of azaylia. They're probably just not thinking straight atm. If they want to act like that after or away from her that's fine, but physically handling her like that isnt good.
Their baby is dying. They get to do whatever the hell they need to do to keep going.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

gigilouxx

VIP Member
I think they have accepted it, they don’t want to watch her bleed out, my dad haemorrhaged in front of my mum and shes had PTSD for about 11 years through it. I couldn’t watch an 8 month old bleed out, especially not through the nose that would be so distressing. And she’s got a central line so I would imagine the transfusion could go into that?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Its_Me

VIP Member
Safiyya must have some kind of superpower. She seriously seems to be holding it together she’s even managed to do her hair and make up and look as glam as ever 😭 Thats not a judgement I love her energy and that shes behaving as normal as can be for her little girl and doing it so well bless her. That just makes me even sadder seeing what a super mum she is. I need more tissues 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 40

gigilouxx

VIP Member
He literally said on the video “that’s not a way for her to go”
They want a peaceful passing, and if a blood transfusion grants that for her then who are we to judge.

• Heart

gigilouxx

VIP Member
I said this to someone on Twitter, they can do what the fuck they want in my opinion, they’re about to say goodbye to their baby. Having a poorly child is a lonely experience, never mind one who is terminal and I hope sharing their days bring them comfort too

• Heart

MunHun

VIP Member
I'm finding what they share a bit much, especially Saffy. She keeps looking at the camera, so awkward. I obviously feel for them but its an unusual way of dealing with it IMO

Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t make it wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Safs story- she’s so inspirational- honestly she puts me to shame when I moan about mundane stuff. She’s one hell of a woman and mother. I just can’t imagine what she’s going through but she’s simply amazing. She’s the most amazing mother and always will be. It’s breathtaking how amazingly strong she is. My heart just breaks for them all. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 37