Ashley Cain and Saffy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
slight change of topic, ive been so in my feels since Ashley shared the video of her having her last bath in hospital that my kids have been absolutely arseholes and im too emotional to have noticed but wowwww mini piss takers

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My kids are taken complete advantage of me because I'm letting them away with everything.

Seeing azaylia so happy today is so lovely but breaks my heart all over again because it gives me hope she might beat this. Even though the professionals say otherwise 💔

Reactions: 7
I’m in my head now thinking I wonder if all our kids have created their own mini tattle and named a thread “why’s my mum so sad?” And they’re on there talking about us haha

it seems even sadder to see her doing normal baby things

• Heart
We must all be empaths, I normally avoid the news and stories like this for that reason, I couldn’t avoid or ignore this.
I’m going to have to stop watching and commenting it’s making me ill, and I feel a bit of an idiot I’ve never met the family and they are all being so amazingly strong yet I’ve spent half the day crying!
Surely something has to change into children’s cancer research and cost the drugs companies charge for treatment
Whatever happens as I’m still holding onto hope, I believe Azaylia and her family will be pioneers of change for other families in the same position 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I haven't told off my son at all this weekend, and when he woke up last night I felt so grateful to be able to cuddle him and hold him.

The last few days have been dominated by Philip's passing in the news, and I can understand people being emotional about that (even though he lived a long, full life). But I've just been sad about Azaylia. We can never choose what news stories will affect us, but anything to do with baby loss I always find utterly heartbreaking. The Cain family remind me of the Charlie Gard case, those poor parents exhausting every avenue, as you would ❤ It's so saddening and frustrating that no medical help in the world could fix either of their illnesses. I know these illnesses are very rare. I hope Azaylia's case creates more knowledge, more research or study into her disease and no parents will have to go through what Ashley and Saff are 😪

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I can’t remember who said it-it was really early on in this thread, but they said they believed children come to this earth having already chosen their parents and I meant to comment at the time...my goodness, that little girl most definitely chose her parents. She couldn’t have asked for more perfect parents 💖 who I truly believe will (in their unbearable heartbreak which I almost don’t want to think about) go on to create a legacy in that beautiful little girls honour ⭐

• Heart
Reactions: 31
If that is true that babies do choose their parents then little azaylia made the best decision. I hope whatever the outcome is her name will be remembered forever, it’s time for change with childhood cancer research because it’s something disgusting like 1% of funding goes to paediatric cancers

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I was shocked at the comment yesterday someone said that big pharma don’t see profit in chemo for children. It shouldn’t be a business choice 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I feel so tit today, does anyone else actually know the reason why some of us have been so affected by this?
There's probably a lot of people with young kids too, I myself have a 1 year old daughter and she reminds me so much of my little lady when she was that age. From the perspective of a newish parent it's absolutely devastating and everytime I look at my lady I get a massive wave of guilt that she's turned out so happy and healthy so far, but also a crippling fear that it could happen to her. I've been in constant tears for the last few days, I'm not sleeping, I feel so ill. I also run a small baby business and I can't even work on that, I feel guilty trying to sell baby stuff whilst this is going on.

It sounds awful and I'm not sure if I'm alone in this, but I just want it to be over, whether she passes away or there's some recovery. When my mum was on her last few days, I just wanted that to be over, the pain of waiting is just awful.

Reactions: 12
There's probably a lot of people with young kids too, I myself have a 1 year old daughter and she reminds me so much of my little lady when she was that age. From the perspective of a newish parent it's absolutely devastating and everytime I look at my lady I get a massive wave of guilt that she's turned out so happy and healthy so far, but also a crippling fear that it could happen to her. I've been in constant tears for the last few days, I'm not sleeping, I feel so ill. I also run a small baby business and I can't even work on that, I feel guilty trying to sell baby stuff whilst this is going on.

It sounds awful and I'm not sure if I'm alone in this, but I just want it to be over, whether she passes away or there's some recovery. When my mum was on her last few days, I just wanted that to be over, the pain of waiting is just awful.
i get that in abundance. The waiting is awful.
I too feel the guilt, ive conceived and delivered 3 healthy kids, I had my first at 16, she’s my only girl and I just can’t comprehend how they feel. I get the thoughts as well because they’re in my head too, if you ever need to talk I’m here cos I get it 100%

Reactions: 5
I can’t remember who said it-it was really early on in this thread, but they said they believed children come to this earth having already chosen their parents and I meant to comment at the time...my goodness, that little girl most definitely chose her parents. She couldn’t have asked for more perfect parents 💖 who I truly believe will (in their unbearable heartbreak which I almost don’t want to think about) go on to create a legacy in that beautiful little girls honour ⭐
What a lovely comment. I totally agree 💖💖

• Heart
Guys don’t feel guilty, I don’t wish bad on anyone but you never know what hand life is going to deal you and your life could change tomorrow, hold on to your blessings. I know it’s hard and it’s your good hearts that make you feel that way but all we have is now ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m not sure what it is but I feel soo attached to this story. I’ve cried even just watching their insta stories and post of her. This might sound really silly but I wonder if they have explored the thought of CBD oil as a natural remedy. I have done some research and there are cases where it has cured cancer patients and other illnesses.
Obviously what will be is meant to be but I just have a weird gut feeling that this isn’t meant to be it for this beautiful baby. I probably sound crazy but I have a one year one baby girl and I would of just wanted to make sure I have explored all potential avenues. It honestly breaks my heart so much and this all just sits very deep with me 😔

• Angry
Reactions: 12
I’m not sure what it is but I feel soo attached to this story. I’ve cried even just watching their insta stories and post of her. This might sound really silly but I wonder if they have explored the thought of CBD oil as a natural remedy. I have done some research and there are cases where it has cured cancer patients and other illnesses.
Obviously what will be is meant to be but I just have a weird gut feeling that this isn’t meant to be it for this beautiful baby. I probably sound crazy but I have a one year one baby girl and I would of just wanted to make sure I have explored all potential avenues. It honestly breaks my heart so much and this all just sits very deep with me 😔
It's all over the Facebook page that was created by Saf's mum. Apparently she has said they are looking into natural remedies

Reactions: 2
I was shocked at the comment yesterday someone said that big pharma don’t see profit in chemo for children. It shouldn’t be a business choice 😡
Sadly it's true. When our friends son died the mum has since made her life about researching and securing funding for cancer treatments for children. Twice he nearly died due to how harsh adult chemo was on his little body :cry:
The sad reality we discovered is that mostly cancer in a child is aggressive/rare/untreatable so the Pharma companies don't see profit in putting the time in to research for no return. Any that are created are likely to be too expensive on the NHS. Shouldn't be that way.

• Sad
  • Angry
I think the time has long gone for alternative therapies.
I feel that its terribly sad what has happened to Azaylia, I feel deeply sad for them all.

I do think if its affecting you so much that it has you crying all day etc then you need to step away from the stories and photos for your own mental health.
It isn't normal to spend all day crying over a child you don't know and it isn't good for you to get into that position.

Watching the stories over the last two days and its plain to see she is struggling now. I dont think I'll watch any more as I feel deeply uncomfortable watching a babys death played out in real time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
It definitely is not taking over my mental health nor am I spending all day crying. It’s just upsetting to see her suffering and I think when you have a baby yourself it touches that little bit more and you’ll just want to make sure you can say you tried every Avenue to give your child a chance at life.

Maybe we just feel connected because every step of her journey has been shared with us all and all had high hopes for Singapore.

However I do agree with you and you can most defo see within the last few days she’s looking very tired and not herself 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 11
‘it isn’t normal to spend all day crying over a child you don’t know’. What right is it of anyone’s to decide what is normal in a situation like this. Everyone on this thread has been in tears and all of my friends have too so it’s very normal to me. Only love and support from this thread or it will get shut down like the last one

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.