Ashley Cain and Saffy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought earlier Ashley won't even have got to spend a father's day with her šŸ’”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Iv been crying for days, actually been so upset since they went offline that time and we didn't know what was happening. But obviously the past few days and the sudden turn has broke my heart. Iv been trying to think of anything to make myself feel better, to make sense of this. I suppose all I think is she's now happy at home with her family. Loved . No pain and she will never have to go into that hospital again. No more suffering. For her parents......such heartbreak. The beginning of another tiresome battle with grief and pain. But they too I am sure are relieved that her pain is over. No more procedures , no more fear. We all wish so hard this was not the ending. But these are the little things I try convince myself to stop myself crying.
I try this too but it doesn't work, my heart is aching. Physically it hurts my soul. But i can't stop watching their stories. I feel silly being this emotional wreck over a family that i don't know. Maybe its because i have my own baby just a few months younger than Azaylia. She will always hold a special place in my heart, and I'm sure she will leave a legacy behind which will live on.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Iā€™m just getting my wee man to bed here and heā€™s just done a sore poop as I call them. Sometimes he has issues going now that heā€™s on solid foods like heā€™s not use to doing hard pooā€™s, he sometimes cries but itā€™s a proper pain cry and seeing him like that kills me. How Ashley and Saf, or any parent of a terminally ill child can get through it I honestly commend them to the highest degree because I know I could never do it with such strength and resilience. I hope it brings them some comfort over the coming weeks and months seeing how much their little girl has imprinted on thousands of peopleā€™s hearts ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Did anyone notice the lyrics of that song on saffiyas story, Ashley looked up and looked like he was in a million pieces when it said ā€œand youā€™ll say Daddyā€™s homeā€
How the hell can an 8 month old baby ONLY know pain, illness and suffering
I understand what you are saying but this little baby has known pure love, been showered with love, care and affection. More love than many will know in a lifetime. It's inspiring amidst the sadness.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I try this too but it doesn't work, my heart is aching. Physically it hurts my soul. But i can't stop watching their stories. I feel silly being this emotional wreck over a family that i don't know. Maybe its because i have my own baby just a few months younger than Azaylia. She will always hold a special place in my heart, and I'm sure she will leave a legacy behind which will live on.
I have a baby a month older. I know how u feel. And I feel selfish and rediculous being so upset for ppl I don't know. But I think she just enchanted us all. We have watched them from afar since before she was born . And then for all this happen. If it was a film.u would cry and forget bit this is real life. Playing out before our very eyes and it's so desperately hard to watch the wee baby who only 2 weeks ago was jumping around like tigger , to how she is today. And yet I can't stop looking cause bit of me is hoping still she might pull through, stupidly. Cause the whole thing is just so so hard to take on board. And then I think god so many family's are going through this . Iv been so naive

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I woke up with sore eyes from crying about her last night and I've cried about five times today - Ashleys' face today on the stories has absolutely broke my heart, he looks so broken. I imagine as her Dad, he almost feels like he's let her down as it's natural for a Father to feel like the protector (he has done the most that any parent could ever do, along with Saffy). I don't know where they find their strength, it's SO commendable. I can only, like everyone else, send as much love and light as possible and just pray that Azaylias' remaining time is spent in comfort and surrounded by as much love as possible. x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Just to give another POV.
My son was 3 weeks old when I was told he was going to die. I didnā€™t do what theyā€™re doing. Instead, I went cold and felt numb. I couldnā€™t bring myself to hold him or do anything with him for a whole day. I just sat there staring at him and feeling angry that this had happened. The thoughts that some of you have had ā€œhow can this happen to a baby in this day and age?ā€ and ā€œhow can a baby have something that canā€™t be cured in 201x?ā€ just went round and round in my head. I felt incredibly disconnected and like a fake mother. I regret this now.

I think they are incredibly brave for continuing to share. They might feel that itā€™s all thatā€™s keeping them going. They might feel that itā€™s the only way their friends and family can connect. Who knows. As long as they feel that itā€™s helping right now, they can do whatever they like.

Yes, itā€™s hard to see the stories. But remember, everyone here has the choice to stop watching them. This is their lives. This is her life. None of them have the privilege of being able to turn it off. They have to live it and they have to see it through. I think theyā€™re being absolutely amazing.

(NB just want to clarify that somehow my son has now made it to 6, despite being on palliative care since 3 weeks old. I feel a bit like a fraud giving my experience as heā€™s managed to last this long but the feeling was the same at the time so I hope you can see I can relate a bit.)

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I had a little cry talking to my partner about it last night but I donā€™t follow either of them. I just had a little look at their stories and oh my god Iā€™ve started again ā¤ Ashley looks heartbroken holding onto her and little Azaylia looks so tired, she can hardly keep her eyes open.
Feel pointless posting this as it just reiterates how everyone else is feeling but my goodness this is sad to see x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Just to give another POV.
My son was 3 weeks old when I was told he was going to die. I didnā€™t do what theyā€™re doing. Instead, I went cold and felt numb. I couldnā€™t bring myself to hold him or do anything with him for a whole day. I just sat there staring at him and feeling angry that this had happened. The thoughts that some of you have had ā€œhow can this happen to a baby in this day and age?ā€ and ā€œhow can a baby have something that canā€™t be cured in 201x?ā€ just went round and round in my head. I felt incredibly disconnected and like a fake mother. I regret this now.

I think they are incredibly brave for continuing to share. They might feel that itā€™s all thatā€™s keeping them going. They might feel that itā€™s the only way their friends and family can connect. Who knows. As long as they feel that itā€™s helping right now, they can do whatever they like.

Yes, itā€™s hard to see the stories. But remember, everyone here has the choice to stop watching them. This is their lives. This is her life. None of them have the privilege of being able to turn it off. They have to live it and they have to see it through. I think theyā€™re being absolutely amazing.

(NB just want to clarify that somehow my son has now made it to 6, despite being on palliative care since 3 weeks old. I feel a bit like a fraud giving my experience as heā€™s managed to last this long but the feeling was the same at the time so I hope you can see I can relate a bit.)
I get this COMPLETELY

My youngest has RSV at 6 weeks old, ended up on a ventilator in the PICU and I didnā€™t even want to hold him, I was so so scared of him just dying in my arms. Heā€™s absolutely fine and healthy now but I feel so much hurt in my heart that I was too scared to be there for him as much as I couldā€™ve been.

• Heart
I had a little cry talking to my partner about it last night but I donā€™t follow either of them. I just had a little look at their stories and oh my god Iā€™ve started again ā¤ Ashley looks heartbroken holding onto her and little Azaylia looks so tired, she can hardly keep her eyes open.
Feel pointless posting this as it just reiterates how everyone else is feeling but my goodness this is sad to see x
That's what this forum is for though. Just to get it out, talk , chat about it, get it all out. I know it's made me feel better. Thanks guys x she has touched so many people. I hope her family know that

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just to add on to my post further up - I donated, and I really want them to keep the money for themselves (I know they will use some to help other children like they have stated before), but they've been through the worst thing imaginable, if the money gives them financial support at least, in their grieving process, they deserve it 100%. They would obviously rather have their gorgeous girl in their life than any amount of money. It's really disgusting for people to say they should give it back, surely those who donated have already written that money off anyway, so who would even want it back?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
There was a million raised for a child last year for lifesaving treatment who like this baby wasnt able to travel for treatment in the end. The money was passed onto another family in the same position.
I've no doubt the funds will be put to good use but plenty of time for all that.
An amazing outpouring of generosity, people are very good. I'm sure it will give the family strength and raise awareness. I saw on the Gofundme that donor cards have been taken out, that will save lives and help others too.
I hope they find peace in these hours.

Reactions: 4
I just feel so weird. Like I donā€™t want to believe itā€™s happening, Im too invested and it breaks my heart. I just wish something could be done.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Iā€™ve donated but havenā€™t felt the need to broadcast it as I donā€™t feel like itā€™s relevant to this discussion. The debate over the donations that got the last thread shut down should not have happened. Please be mindful what we discuss as the moderators will shut this thread down too. I believe that Ashley and Saffiya will do good with that money, they had already surpassed a million when I donated but it didnā€™t stop me contributing because I believe in their cause and all whoā€™ll benefit from it ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I just feel like we are all waiting to hear the inevitable now and I canā€™t bare it šŸ˜­šŸ’”

• Sad
  • Heart
I just feel like we are all waiting to hear the inevitable now and I canā€™t bare it šŸ˜­šŸ’”
thatā€™s the only way I can describe my feeling, itā€™s like Iā€™m waiting for the phone to ring this is so bizarre

• Sad
That's what this forum is for though. Just to get it out, talk , chat about it, get it all out. I know it's made me feel better. Thanks guys x she has touched so many people. I hope her family know that
It's definitely helped me make sense of my own feelings just getting it out on this thread. The past 2 nights I've been crying at night whilst feeding my son, just in total shock at the situation as i really thought this wouldn't happen. My partner doesnt get it. He just tells me to stop thinking about it. But i simply can't. It's hit me like a bus and it's strange but its almost comforting to know that everyone else feels the same.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Oh Iā€™ve just watched Saffs story and it has broken me the difference in her is heartbreaking.

I really hope theyā€™re posting stories because they want to and not because they feel they have to.

I canā€™t believe people are questioning where the money is going, I donated like many others and they could burn every penny if thatā€™s what would bring them some comfort, no amount of money will replace Azaylia.

Last edited:
  • Heart
It is absolutely heartbreaking, my little boy is a month younger than Azaylia and is currently going through chemo for cancer. You would be surprised where you find strength from... inside you are falling apart but on the outside youā€™re as strong as an ox!
Praying for some kind of miracle for their precious baby girl

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.