Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OrcaRed

VIP Member
This has genuinely hit me like a ton of bricks, seeing ash slowly lose the hope and strength in his face has absolutely broken me. He looks defeated. It’s so so unfair. I will never understand this world, you have horrible criminals living in prison till 80 in good health and then you have an innocent little baby going through all this but still with a smile on her face. She has made a massive impact on so many peoples lives and made people realise you shouldn’t ever take anything for granted all in 8 months, I hope that people remember her for the rest of their lives because I certainly will and I made a promise to myself to try live everyday to the best and appreciate it. What an amazing little girl she is. ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

Gingercream

VIP Member
I listened to Ashley’s stories this morning and as a medical professional, i feel abit torn about this situation.
She has been discharged from hospital to go home for palliative care. This means most if not all medical treatment will not be carried out as this will prolong her suffering. The tumours, especially the ones on her spine and brain will cause tremendous amount of pain for her. I understand as a parent they want to do everything they can to help her, i would do the same too. But from watching Ashley’s video I assume that they demanded the platelet transfusion for her. A platelet transfusion she will need a cannula. Inserting a cannula is very distressing for children and adults, it’s painful and to add ontop of that there is a chance of infection being introduced. She is essentially bleeding from the inside and a platelet transfusion will only ‘help’ her for 12 hours or so. What I am trying to say, in a very long and winded way is that I hope that Ash and saffy are actually ‘coming to terms’ with her passing away. I mean, no parent can come to terms with it as such but what I meant is that I hope they are mentally prepared for it. I feel that they going back to the hospital asking for treatment means that they haven’t fully accepted that she will pass away.
She had a Hickman line in for chemo previously so I imagine they used that.

if the hospital didn’t think a platelet transfusion was appropriate then they wouldn’t give one - it’s not really for us to question it as we don’t have all the details (I am also a medical professional)

• Heart
Reactions: 36

billybobbobbob

It's much easier for us to not look at their posts or stories than it is for them to shut themselves away from their support. If you don't want to see them, that's fine. But they're going through unimaginable pain and they want to share their last moments with the person they love the most. No one wants to see Azaylia suffering but we do want to see her being loved and cared for. It's entirely their decision to post Azaylia at the moment and we should respect that instead of complaining about their choices.

• Heart

chocdip

VIP Member
And we are not afraid although we know there’s much to fear 💔 broke me 💔 I can’t stop crying. Saff is the strongest person to ever grace this earth she was meant to be Azaylias mommy

• Heart
  • Sad

MamaD

VIP Member
Ashley looks like a broken man walking. I think their reality has finally hit him. I’m not sure how comfortable I am seeing this stage on their page. The baby looks very ill now. This end of life stage of cancer is most possibly the cruelest. Waiting for the inevitable yet not wanting it to happen. Watching and listening to every breath wondering if it’s the last. I feel sick just thinking about it. I’m glad to see that one of the Grandparents was there, they all need wrapping up and smothered in love.

• Sad
  • Heart

MunHun

VIP Member
Absolutely heartbreaking news tonight. It's a little strange feeling so devastated over a family I've never met or know. I genuinely hope they have the most special time at home and make memories they will cherish forever. I don't have children so I can't begin to comprehend what they are going through. Just send their family nothing but love. I hope the next few days/weeks are peaceful 💔💞😢
I think she has touched the hearts of everyone who has followed the story and I know her big smile just melts my heart. I have never been so upset and invested in someone I’ve never met or known. She has had a profound effect on so many people. Maybe her purpose was to come and raise awareness and support and she has truly done it. ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

gigilouxx

VIP Member
Someone made a vile tweet saying “so is Ashley cain gonna give all that money back or” and it’s made my stomach sick.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

gigilouxx

VIP Member
Also big respect to the community nurses who have to administer her pain relief and examine her, that is an impossible job and I have so much respect

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Death2unicorns

Maybe they are just still posting because they feel immensely proud of their beautiful little girl and want to show the world how beautiful she is and how strong she has been throughout an extremely tough battle, they don’t have to hide her away because she is terminally ill, they are proud and loving parents and by continuing to document her battle they are raising huge amounts of awareness of the devastation that is infant and childhood cancers, azaylia is so beautiful, it’s just heartbreaking, azaylia and her parents have achieved incredible things in such a short space of time, over 1.5 mil raised which is a huge sum of money, Ashley has said any excess which hasn’t been used on azaylia will go to help other families in similar positions, obviously an amount of that money will already have been used for Singapore to attempt to make her treatment, living expenses while they’ve been living out of hospital, covering bills while not earning etc, but I’m sure some other families will benefit from it too, a huge amount of people registered to become bone marrow donors in the space of a couple of days, I can’t remember the number but it was an unprecedented amount never seen before, hopefully many other cancer patients will benefit from that, and of course the huge awareness continuing to be raised which will continue to encourage people to register as blood donors and bone marrow donors, these are huge achievements, more then a lot of people in their whole lifetimes, azaylia has had such a huge impact which through those amazing achievements will continue long after she has passed, she really is a true champion.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Spider12

VIP Member
Can’t stop thinking of them all 😔 can’t even imagine what it must feel like knowing you’re taking your baby home to die 💔
I just can’t get this thought out of my mind 💔 to know that bath in hospital and the ride home in the ambulance will be the last one, to know that was her last ever journey home. I can’t stop sobbing about it 😢

I don’t know if anyone ever followed the little boy Charlie Proctor who passed away from cancer around 3 years ago? His page was called Charlie’s Chapter. In his last few days his mum wrote something along the lines of how when we have a baby we remember all the firsts and with him she was remembering all his lasts, his last bath, the last thing he ate. She mentally recorded every word he said thinking will this be the last words he ever says 😢 I’ve never been able to get that out of my head. Imagine having to go through that? 💔 My heart aches for them 😢

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

Maciejadex

I think it’s completely normal to get upset about a baby that is unfortunately dying, who wouldn’t get upset? At the end of the day there is a poor little girl who is about to lose her life to a horrific illness and her parents are about to lose their precious baby, I think that’s enough to make anyone cry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

LadyWhistledown21

Absolutely heartbreaking news tonight. It's a little strange feeling so devastated over a family I've never met or know. I genuinely hope they have the most special time at home and make memories they will cherish forever. I don't have children so I can't begin to comprehend what they are going through. Just send their family nothing but love. I hope the next few days/weeks are peaceful 💔💞😢

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Romeo1

I hope they have anyone and everyone they want over. This is a circumstance where covid restrictions can go to hell

• Heart

Anycraic29

Chatty Member
I know this is not an airport so no need to announce my departure 😅 but I’m going to stay off tattle and deleting Instagram from my phone for a week or 2. I’m literally torturing myself with all of this that’s going on, I couldn’t sleep last night I was awake til after 4am then up at 7am with my little one. Everytime I tried to sleep I couldn’t get Azaylia out of my head and then I started having intrusive thoughts about my own kids (I suffer from this and this has made it so much worse). I’m embarrassed to an extent of how much it has affected me, but I’m hoping with staying away from here and insta that it will be an “out of sight out of mind” approach. I’ve said all how I feel in this thread on this precious baby but I hope you all look after yourselves ❤

• Heart

Spider12

VIP Member
I can’t remember who said it-it was really early on in this thread, but they said they believed children come to this earth having already chosen their parents and I meant to comment at the time...my goodness, that little girl most definitely chose her parents. She couldn’t have asked for more perfect parents 💖 who I truly believe will (in their unbearable heartbreak which I almost don’t want to think about) go on to create a legacy in that beautiful little girls honour ⭐

• Heart

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
I listened to Ashley’s stories this morning and as a medical professional, i feel abit torn about this situation.
She has been discharged from hospital to go home for palliative care. This means most if not all medical treatment will not be carried out as this will prolong her suffering. The tumours, especially the ones on her spine and brain will cause tremendous amount of pain for her. I understand as a parent they want to do everything they can to help her, i would do the same too. But from watching Ashley’s video I assume that they demanded the platelet transfusion for her. A platelet transfusion she will need a cannula. Inserting a cannula is very distressing for children and adults, it’s painful and to add ontop of that there is a chance of infection being introduced. She is essentially bleeding from the inside and a platelet transfusion will only ‘help’ her for 12 hours or so. What I am trying to say, in a very long and winded way is that I hope that Ash and saffy are actually ‘coming to terms’ with her passing away. I mean, no parent can come to terms with it as such but what I meant is that I hope they are mentally prepared for it. I feel that they going back to the hospital asking for treatment means that they haven’t fully accepted that she will pass away.

• Sad
  • Heart

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Absolutely heartbroken upon hearing this news. I just can’t comprehend, there literally are no words. I just can’t even imagine how they must be feeling and what they are going through. They’ve been so strong and so determined to do all they can for their beautiful little girl.
They say babies chose their parents before they are born, and she chose them for their strength and that she knew that while she was here that they would love her more than anything and be the best parents she would ever need- I hope they remember that and hold on to it. Some people only touch the world for a few days, hours, even minutes but we never forget those who touch our lives and I won’t forget this little girl either. While there is life there is hope and I’m praying for a miracle for this beautiful little baby. So so sad. Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Spider12

VIP Member
‘it isn’t normal to spend all day crying over a child you don’t know’. What right is it of anyone’s to decide what is normal in a situation like this. Everyone on this thread has been in tears and all of my friends have too so it’s very normal to me. Only love and support from this thread or it will get shut down like the last one

• Heart
Reactions: 30