Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bahama-mama

Chatty Member
She got a new mini jodie bag in caramel for her LA trip? Didn’t she have the white one before or that got sold too? I can’t with her. Anything for aesthetic it seems.
She’ll sell it within the year.

Can you guys please explain what's bad about her getting the hotel for free? Seems like pretty typical influencer behavior
I think ppl have finally tired of IG/YT gals pushing a lux life they themselves cannot afford. At least when celebs were the faces of these marketing campaigns, they (1) could afford the products they were pushing and (2) were living that luxurious lifestyle. Instead we have the world of the influencer who’s life is 90% gifted and that part is lux, the other part is being holed up in some suburban town in the US or some tiny flat in London, Paris, NYC and pinching pennies because they know the #spon $ won’t last.

Reactions: 16
I stumbled on her channel and watched quite a few of her bag-related videos. I don't get the comments on her latest bag collection video that say that she is the definition of a curator, has the best curated collection, etc, especially if they've seen those videos where she shares all the bags she's ever sold. She's literally the opposite of a curator. A curator makes well thought out decisions, only buying a few bags but keeping them forever.

I also thought it was really fishy as to how she was affording all these uber expensive bags. But what's even fishier to me is her going on about buying LV, Chloe, and Chanel bags as a college student! I could understand Coach, Kate Spade, Longchamp, etc, but even if those brands have had massive price increases recently, they've always been very expensive. Also the fact that she got gifted an $8000 LV bag by her family, didn't use it, and then sold it really rubbed me the wrong way.

She's also become extremely hypocritical in recent years. In some of her earlier videos, she mentioned that she doesn't like to own the same bag in different sizes/colours, because she likes to have variety in bag styles. Nowadays she has all these Chanel and Hermes bags that are identical save the colour or size. She also keeps buying a different version of a bag she's sold, only to sell it a few months down the track. I think she used to have some really lovely bags, but she's sold them all to make room for the Hermes. Her having a collector's mentality towards them makes them look cheap and tacky. She also said she no longer likes monogram and in your face logos, but she's fine with Goyard, Chanel, Dior and Hermes - all because she follows trends.

If its true that they only saved up $20k to put towards a house deposit, then that's really messed up. Why does she want to live a life of financial insecurity when if she was smarter about her money, could easily live a comfortable lifestyle? No wonder she has mental health problems, living a life of smoke and mirrors, revolving around consumerism and materialism, with no real tangible goal would make anyone depressed. Even her story of how she became a full time influencer after college is telling - she wanted a job for the free trips and #gifted goods. There's no real motivational goal behind that. Most people want to study hard in uni to get a good internship/grad position, get a good starting job, and work their way up to earn the money they need for the lifestyle that they want. That's what I respect about people like Sophie Shohet.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

brownandbougie

Honestly I think the reason why she’s so “burnt out” and having “impostor syndrome” is because she’s trying to keep up this rich appearance when in reality, she’s actually not. I think that when a person isn’t true to themselves, they lose sight on who they really are. I hope she figures all of this out in therapy. But in order to do so, she has to be introspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

bahama-mama

Chatty Member
Yeah that’s definitely an odd sentence to add on there and totally unnecessary.
Yep. They’re apparently another chore for her. Can she get any more repulsive? They’re old, Lenore! There won’t be many more opportunities for you to “host” them.

Alyssa's house looks like it's cheaply built. We have these homes in Australia where they look grand and glamorous but they are cheaply made. They use the lowest quality materials that won't hold up in 10 years. Their purpose is just to look good. I'm not sure if America has these homes but Alyssa's house looks like one of them. Her decor is ugh. Everything is so beige or white and everything looks muted. Her taste is terrible. So boring.
We do. They’re called “Builder-Grade” homes here. Lenore’s house is just a flip though. The outside is a mess: crappy paved driveway, chain link fence, zero landscaping. The last owners just whited out the inside so a snooze like Lenore would snap it up for 5% down.

Yes those are the ones i'm talking about! I understand why people buy those houses. A lot of people don't consider them forever homes and like you said it's just way to get a foot on the property ladder.

Here's the thing though, with Alyssa's spending habits you would think that she would actually put some money into buying a good quality home because nothing says luxury more than a gorgeous and well built home and it doesn't even have to be massive. I'm not sure if anyone knows Amelia Liana but she's an old money influencer from the UK who's having her home built and it is beyond gorgeous. She's chosen the finest fixtures for her home and she actually cares about quality unlike Alyssa. The difference is day and night.
Amelia, as you said, comes from $ so she knows she can spend spend spend because she’s already living life off of a trustfund. It’s like comparing apples and oranges.

I don’t mind Alyssa’s home, I actually like that she’s not another trustfunder or someone who’s parents fund most of her life. I just wish she wouldn’t try to front/flex so hard and pretend the lux items are due to her hard work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

bahama-mama

Chatty Member
View attachment 1434777

Also known as the 'entry level Cartier stack'.
ROFL! Exactly! That pre-owned, banged up tank she bought with credit from TRR. Honestly, she is so ridiculous. To have your entire life so wrapped up in pics for IG. Girl, bye. Manifest a self esteem that is strong based on how you feel about yourself vs THINGS or the perception others have of you based on your fake-reality IG pics. Manifest that feeling when you've worked hard and are proud of yourself. Manifest a life in which you stop pretending your bougie UES and are OK with it.

deadgirlinside

VIP Member
She’s probably stressed because her firmly planted low and middle class family and friends are giving her a hard time about how THEY are trying to afford getting to this wedding. I don’t know why they didn’t just elope for the destination wedding. She’s only doing it for the IG photos, and then have a more traditional Filipino wedding back in the states. Isn’t she “super proud” of her Filipino background?
Totally this! And also she probably realized that she ain't Chiara Ferragni levels of fame that she cannot be basically given a free wedding. She was probably got put into place by her relatives that her mom was in the hospital for a long time, that funds were basically low, and it is a bad idea to start your marriage on $$$$ debt.

Also, she must have been hoping that the guests will be able to fund 2 things: their own expenses and to be able to offload some of the payments. She probably thought that an uncle or an auntie will probably gift them their rehearsal dinner or the morning brunch, to no avail. She's basically greedy at this point.

A big example is Victoria (Inthefrow). She was so stressed with her wedding planning. Turns out, she basically had every single thing on her wedding day an #AD, for them to not pay ANYTHING. Her hair was a sponsored AD from Dyson. Her makeup was another AD from Armani Beauty. Her bridemaids wore this awful salmon pink tube dress, a gift from Pronovias. She hyped out her wedding dress as something haute couture with 3D florals and shit, but it was a big blob of silk crepe.

bahama-mama

Chatty Member
View attachment 1362884

Lol is she gonna beg for another bag? 🤡
Does anything seem luxurious about this post? I’ve seen other influencers post from Fashionphile. $20K+ bags on stockroom shelves. No thank you. It looks like Walmart.

Finally the 2022 bag collection

I have worked for this bags.. most of them through partnership/free bags that I got and resold for profit 🤡
If you are rich, these Chanel prices won't make you flinch. It's just another day in the life.

And yes, her saying she will no longer buy from the boutique is more of trying to convince herself that she can't afford Chanel anymore by projecting it to the audience.
She is a clown, and so are the comments on that video re how well curated her collection is. She has a bunch of neutral bags, 95% having been gifted via a collab or purchased after selling items she was gifted and wanted to let go for the latest and greatest. I still do not understand how we’ve gotten up a place where bag collections like that are #goals when the person showing them lives in some dumpy, small house and drives a leased car. She needs a financial advisor.

Last edited:
  • Heart

bahama-mama

Chatty Member
Lool - her house on google streetview is blocked out- as if she was an A-list celeb. Nobody cares about your dumpster house, alysso. Yes, alysso, because her face looks like an unattractive man. If I was her, I'd ditch some of those Hermes bags and start looking for a good plastic surgeon.
Well, I think we should all give another huge THANK YOU to the poster who provided the link so we could see with our eyes the absolute DUMP of a home her dog pees (and likely poops) in. You can take Hermes out of a dumpy house, but you can never take the dumpy house out of Hermes.

• Haha
  • Heart

tattlylife

I get so mad when influencers sell all their bags to buy an Hermes and make it seem like that's the only way to afford an Hermes. Honey, if you can't afford an Hermes bag without going into massive debt and liquidating all your other assets, then you really shouldn't be buying this bag.

• Heart

jetmeiko

Wait.... she trained her dog to pee in showers? Instead of going outside? They have a damn house.... even people who actually live in NYC apartments take their dogs outside. And who wants to take a shower where the dog pees? Am I misunderstanding? :sick::oops:

• Sick

bahama-mama

Chatty Member
I stumbled on her channel and watched quite a few of her bag-related videos. I don't get the comments on her latest bag collection video that say that she is the definition of a curator, has the best curated collection, etc, especially if they've seen those videos where she shares all the bags she's ever sold. She's literally the opposite of a curator. A curator makes well thought out decisions, only buying a few bags but keeping them forever.

I also thought it was really fishy as to how she was affording all these uber expensive bags. But what's even fishier to me is her going on about buying LV, Chloe, and Chanel bags as a college student! I could understand Coach, Kate Spade, Longchamp, etc, but even if those brands have had massive price increases recently, they've always been very expensive. Also the fact that she got gifted an $8000 LV bag by her family, didn't use it, and then sold it really rubbed me the wrong way.

She's also become extremely hypocritical in recent years. In some of her earlier videos, she mentioned that she doesn't like to own the same bag in different sizes/colours, because she likes to have variety in bag styles. Nowadays she has all these Chanel and Hermes bags that are identical save the colour or size. She also keeps buying a different version of a bag she's sold, only to sell it a few months down the track. I think she used to have some really lovely bags, but she's sold them all to make room for the Hermes. Her having a collector's mentality towards them makes them look cheap and tacky. She also said she no longer likes monogram and in your face logos, but she's fine with Goyard, Chanel, Dior and Hermes - all because she follows trends.

If its true that they only saved up $20k to put towards a house deposit, then that's really messed up. Why does she want to live a life of financial insecurity when if she was smarter about her money, could easily live a comfortable lifestyle? No wonder she has mental health problems, living a life of smoke and mirrors, revolving around consumerism and materialism, with no real tangible goal would make anyone depressed. Even her story of how she became a full time influencer after college is telling - she wanted a job for the free trips and #gifted goods. There's no real motivational goal behind that. Most people want to study hard in uni to get a good internship/grad position, get a good starting job, and work their way up to earn the money they need for the lifestyle that they want. That's what I respect about people like Sophie Shohet.
Alyssa is just odd. She’s clearly always felt insecure about her looks, her family, etc which is why she’s chasing that Gilmore Girl life. Can you imagine having that many Hermes bags and designer goods, but living in a home like that?! As you said, she lives two lives which is why she is always sad and depressed.

Reactions: 13

bahama-mama

Chatty Member
Is wedding planning really that stressful that she is breaking out in hives? I don’t understand. She is having a destination wedding and should have had all of the major stuff out of the way a lonnggggg time ago. If anything is stressful at this point, it’s because she dragged her feet way too long or because she has these IG/aesthetic expectations that are out of control. I got engaged in December and already have my June 2023 wedding fully planned and ready to go, minus the save the dates and invites. I went in expecting the most stressful time of my life based on how people portray wedding planning on social media and was shocked at how easy it was. I think these influencers make things way more difficult than need be.
She’s probably stressed because her firmly planted low and middle class family and friends are giving her a hard time about how THEY are trying to afford getting to this wedding. I don’t know why they didn’t just elope for the destination wedding. She’s only doing it for the IG photos, and then have a more traditional Filipino wedding back in the states. Isn’t she “super proud” of her Filipino background?

bahama-mama

Chatty Member
Wait .. what?!
From a cheap hair drier to a Porsche?

She must feel miserable whenever she returns to her neighborhood from her Manhattan, Paris, London trips while carrying her birkin piece, shopping at luxury stores, staying at sponsored luxury accommodation, etc etc… etc
Really doesn’t match at all.
I honestly think this is why she’s so depressed and down all the time. The life she wants and pretends to have via vouchers, sponsored trips, etc. is not the life she has or can really afford. She wakes up every day the Alyssa she doesn’t want to be, and then pretends to be someone else as her FT job. That would make me depressed as well.

bahama-mama

Chatty Member
… or very similar color a few centimeters in size apart 🤦🏻‍♀️

She seems to buy her “pieces” with already the intention that she will be selling them. So she has to keep her Hermezzz in pristine condition. How stressful is that. She will never have a forever bag that is worn in to tell a story - like Wade bit off the corner, or Marco scratched it unintentionally on a table at Kitsune as he helped guard her bag while she ordered coffee.
What I find funny is that Alyssa was offered a special order from the Madison Ave boutique after buying a handful of items (insane!) and that moron chose Epsom - the worst Hermes leather - for it because she knows zero about the brand. It was such a newb mistake. Epsom leather, when scratched, cannot be repaired and the white of the leather shines through any color. It also ages horribly if you actually wear your bags. What a newb. Even now with her prancing out another box calf bag thinking she’s the sh*t bc “box calf is soooo hard to find in the boutique” but that is bc box calf is ATROCIOUS re scratches and only patinas with A LOT of use. The ONLY people buying box are women in their 60s who have been buying Hermes for years or ladies and gents wants that flex not realizing they’ll have to baby the bag. Alyssa is clueless and the fact that she has had so many offers from Hermes makes me not respect the brand at all. I’ve sold all but one of my Hermes bags bc there is zero special about them anymore.

• Heart

bahama-mama

Chatty Member
Christine is working on ads for Porsche. I wonder how Alyssa/Marco is feeling
I think the bigger question is why would Porsche work with Christine (or Alyssa)?!

listen..i'm all for capsule wardrobes and wearing as much of your clothing as possible to get the most out of cost per wear BUT THE WAY SHE STYLES HER CLOTHES DOES NOT MAKE HER LOOK GOOD AT ALL. she puts on all these clothes thinking it's going to have a good flow but it makes her look so bulky. Her aesthetic of only wearing gold is so boring and unoriginal, and to think she graduated with an arts degree is such a waste LOL.

Her vlogs do not get the same amount of engagement as her other videos...it's sad because she had that potential for content but she completely missed it.
Alyssa has the “Claire Chanelle syndrome”, the medically-diagnosed disease where you dress for your inner model, not your true frumpy self. Alyssa (and Claire) should embrace their curves instead of constantly hiding them behind the wannabe “cool girl” oversized clothes.

It was cringe watching her mug in the mirror in the outerwear the BG associate pulled. Every time grabbing for her Birkin, thinking she would walk out and grab a bite at Ralph’s and then head to her brownstone on the UES. Instead she’ll be taking her Birkin, her gifted coat and a body draped in cheap crap from Aritzia back to NJ for a romantic evening at the food court.

For real - WHERE is she carrying her bags or wearing $4K Dior and Celine coats other than for her afternoons in NYC?!

And Cassie - Our beloved video vixen from the U.K. I can’t even find the words today.

Last edited:
  • Haha