Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Frau_guru

Accidentally bought hair oil... Fall in love with smell, shine and compliments I got 🥰

Upgrade to shampoo and conditioner, and I think I will never change them.
10/10

HASK.png

Reactions: 12

MinnnieMouse

Tattlers - I've been suffering with some serious January Blues! I feel tired all the time and zero effort is being made on my part! 🥲 I feel like I want to re-invent myself and start putting myself first a bit more (Working Mumma of Three) - I'm 35 - and going through some sort of style crisis and don't know quite how I want to dress. I like oversized (possibly because I hate my body and I feel it hides me!?) And I quite like gender neutral fashion - however I do have days where I want to be girly. I have curly hair which if I make effort can be nice - I guess my biggest vicious cycle is wanting to make effort, but lacking time, and feeling tired and that gets me feeling down in the dumps! I'm just fed up of feeling ugly and repeating this cycle of feeling this way... sorry for the essay and if you've read this far... 👏👏 Help a Gal out and Throw me some motivation and positivity! X
What about starting with grooming? Gel nails, a brow tint & wax etc last a while and save time in the morning and mean you wake up feeling decent. I like a layer of light fake tan too for the same reason and I need less make up to look presentable in the morning with it. For clothes, maybe follow someone with a similar shape to you on Instagram to get some inspiration for what can work for your shape. I personally feel massive in anything oversized so I go for fitted things and I don't care if that's not on trend. I have slim ankles so favour a slightly cropped trouser to show them off, little hacks like that really help me to feel good about my body. I plan my work outfits on a Sunday night so that I know what I'm throwing on (and that it is clean) in advance. Hope that helps and that you are feeling your best soon!
Edited to add, I also love a bit of Botox for stopping me looking knackered. I know it's not for everyone but I've spent a small fortune on skincare/makeup and nothing has come close for me.

Last edited:
  • Heart

pinkmug

VIP Member
Tried the exfoliating Turkish cloth after reading it on this thread. I knew about it but never used it myself. I have KP on my arms and legs, and if I knew it worked this well, I'd have stocked up long ago 😂 Heartily recommend it, it made my Body Shop body polisher look like an amateur.

• Heart

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I've come to sing the praises of Vitamin C sheet masks :ROFLMAO:

In an old thread, someone suggested taking sheet masks on business travel after I asked how to look somewhat presentable and I got a vitamin C mask on a whim. Was blown away by the result and now got some more. Definitely not a one-off result, my skin looks about ten times better today than it did yesterday evening, much more even skin tone and generally glowing and hydrated. It was a cheap own brand mask from the dm drugstore chain, one sachet is 95 cents and they are very wet and there's still serum left in the packet that I'll use tonight.
I don't use a vitamin c serum, maybe the effects are similar, but I'll definitely keep them on hand from now on. If I need to go anywhere and want to look nice, I'll just throw one on.

doodlebug

VIP Member
I’d avoid flannels! My parcel (lovely pair of shoes id been saving up for) never came. Apparently they were “stolen in the post”. The customer service was awful and never refunded the money or sent a replacement. I still think about it , pain 😢
I don’t know how long ago this happened to you but there’s definitely recourse available when things like this happen. Did you try contacting your bank and getting a chargeback? (As you paid for something you never received). You definitely have a claim with Flannels themselves - your consumer rights were violated and they shouldn’t get away with it!

EddyDarling

VIP Member
Hello everyone I just wanted to thank you all for your suggestions and let you all know I have completely gone the opposite way and am doing grunge af style 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

tspnwn

Here was me trying to cut down on the spending in 2023 but everyone saying UKlash is so good has made me change my mind ... Oh well, it's still 2022 for a few more hours!!

• Haha
  • Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Can I just thank everyone who recommended UK Lash. I am blown away by how well it’s working. …I’m going to get LVL in the new year. I’m 61 by the way so it works for older ladies too !

• Heart
If I'm at home and not expecting visitors, I straight up wear 27 layers and look homeless 🤷‍♀️

I wear pyjamas or what passes for "leisure wear" chez moi; bleach-spotted trackie bottoms, literal 30+ year old band tshirts, actual hospital scrubs and gigantic hoodies all of which look especially mental with my sheepskin booties, absence of makeup, and Robert Smith hair.

I don't see the point in putting in any effort or generating any unnecessary laundry for myself if I don't need to and there's no one there to see anyways.

I obv wear human clothes, arrange my hair, and draw a better face on when I'm amongst people though.

Anyone else a massive scrubber? Just me?
I put pjs on as soon as I get home. I end up doing DIY in my dressing gown and slippers.

• Heart

tspnwn

Yeah I do, under my arms and in-between my legs. It's awful, painful and embarrassing
I had this problem all my life, tried all sorts of lotions and shaving creams, pre and post wax lotions for waxing, spent silly money on special ingrown remover solution and even all the tips from that famous reddit post about preventing ingrowns and literally nothing worked for me until I started getting it lasered. I'm not fully done with my course yet but can report that it's the only thing that's worked so far in reducing growth/thinning the hair, not had a single ingrown since. Even if it doesn't end up being permanent like some people report even with the recommended 10 sessions I'd still say it was well worth the money even for preventing the ingrowns for me x

• Heart

Zulkraa

VIP Member
HELP! My boyfriend has been working away for the last 6 weeks and he comes home on Friday!! So I want to be looking beautiful for his arrival as I'm a sahm to 2 young kids so usually I'm looking like a hot mess!

I've booked to get my nails done, going to ti t my eyebrows and wash my hair the day he arrives. Also going to shave the pits, vag snd legs (im going all out here hahaha) Any other tips? I'm on a budget too 💚

I'm also tidying the house ready for his arrival and got his favourite drink and snacks stocked up. Any other welcome home ideas?

Thanks ladies
As the poster above has mentioned sexy underwear/lingerie that makes you feel fab? 🥰 And a nice smelling body lotion 💋

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Happy New Year! I’ve just found this thread so sorry if this has been asked before…but does anyone have any tips for growing a fringe out in a stylish way? I have it swept to the side at the moment which is ok but it does sometimes look like a weird toupee/combover…😂. My hair is quite think and prone to wave/frizz a bit.
So glad you called it a fringe and not 'bangs' 😂😂

• Heart

Pinkii

VIP Member
What is everyones opinion on hyaluronic acid as opposed to retinol ? Thank you x
They aren’t really comparable tbh.

Hyaluronic acid is more for adding moisture to the skin

Retinol is meant to boost collagen production which in turn improves skin over all.

It’s often recommended to use both together, the hyaluronic acid helps fight the dryness that Retional can bring.

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Booked in for my consultation. Decided fuck it I'm gonna see if he can get me upto an E cup. This year is the year I do it!

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I am one of those mums, I always have been. Unfortunately I just can not leave the house without make up on/hair done. It’s difficult not going to lie I have 3 girls 13,6 and 8 months. How I find time is all down to routine. I always try and wash my hair in the evenings and dry and style it when the kids are in Bed. My make up takes me 10 mins tops.
Nothing unfortunate about taking pride in yourself. ❤

• Heart
I don’t really understand how to determine skin tone tbh - the guidance is so vague and I seem to fit into all the categories. Yellow warm cool - no bloody idea. I usually mix my foundation shades to get the shade I want - e.g. I mix IT cosmetics Fair and Medium and that suits me.
Generally, it goes:

Blue veins: Cool skin tone (needs pink-shaded foundation)
Green veins: Warm skin tone (needs yellow-shaded foundation)
Either/difficult to tell: neutral skin tone (N foundations)

plus

You suit gold jewellery better: Warm skin tone (needs yellow-shaded foundation)
You suit silver jewellery better: Cool skin tone (needs pink-shaded foundation)
You suit both: neutral skin tone (N foundations)

The Fenty match finder sorted me perfectly: https://fentybeauty.com/pages/fenty-face-shade-finder

Once you know your Fenty shade, there are shade finders like this one that will give your foundation match for other products: https://findation.com/

• Heart

Pinkii

VIP Member
HELP! My boyfriend has been working away for the last 6 weeks and he comes home on Friday!! So I want to be looking beautiful for his arrival as I'm a sahm to 2 young kids so usually I'm looking like a hot mess!

I've booked to get my nails done, going to ti t my eyebrows and wash my hair the day he arrives. Also going to shave the pits, vag snd legs (im going all out here hahaha) Any other tips? I'm on a budget too 💚

I'm also tidying the house ready for his arrival and got his favourite drink and snacks stocked up. Any other welcome home ideas?

Thanks ladies
A good body exfoliation,a nice smelling body butter is always a good shout, if my husband is lucky and i choose to wear my fancier body cream he always compliments on me smelling amazing. Anything to make yourself feel more sexy will be a good shout, so think about what you do/wear to feel like that

(In case anyone is interested its a rituals one, got as a present and it amazing!)

Reactions: 10

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I've gained about 3lb. Doesn't sound alot but I'm 5 ft so really feel it. My weight goes to all the places I don't want it too. Face, gut and hips.
I hear you, I'm also 5ft and you truly see each fluctuation so much. It seems mostly to go into my lower stomach area and hips...

What casual, comfy clothes do y’all wear at the weekends. So you look relaxed and warm but still groomed / put together … and not like a homeless lady wearing 27 layers. I find casual dressing hard.
I work from home, so my weekend wear doesn't look much different than what I wear to work. I wear jeans or jeggings at home, I don't like leggings on me, and then mostly a t-shirt made of viscose and a cardigan over that. Sounds basic, is basic, but it's comfortable and not constricting. Plus I feel like I can safely open the door without being embarrassed and I don't need to change if I want to take a walk. I can't stand that feeling that I can't just go out so I'd rather wear something where I don't need to get dressed again if I want to go out...

Reactions: 10