Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a drugstore conditioner with a good amount of protein? I love Maria Nila, but it’s a bit expensive for daily washing….

@Codiaeum I don’t think it’s a good idea to use protein on a daily basis? It is overdoing a good thing in my experience. Years ago, I had a protein hair mask that I loved the results for and began using it every time I washed my hair. My strands started developing little white dots and those would snap off and be pronounced split ends. I learned later on it was something called protein overload. If you find a daily protein conditioner by all means good luck but I would recommend proceeding with caution if it doesn’t specifically say safe for everyday use

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So after using the Garnier vitamin C Facemask, I thought I’d try their other products. The vitamin c brightening serum with spf is really nice. I’ve been using it for a week and my skin feels lovely. It also has a real holiday smell to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have one of those vit c masks which I bought recently and never used. I have free time ghis afternoon. I am going to give it a go!

Reactions: 4
So after using the Garnier vitamin C Facemask, I thought I’d try their other products. The vitamin c brightening serum with spf is really nice. I’ve been using it for a week and my skin feels lovely. It also has a real holiday smell to it.
Could you link the serum please? I’m on the hunt for a new SPF and my skin is as dull as dishwater so this sounds right up my street😁

Reactions: 1
I bought this from my salon - I use it because I get my hair dyed, but it is really good 😊

I posted a question, well two questions, a few pages back but no one answered. Can anyone break down olaplex for me? Like the steps, how much it is and whether or not it’ll be suitable for thick hair? I’ve yet to find a decent shampoo, apart from that L’Oréal one but it is a bit spenny to be buying that from the salon all the time 🙈 thank you
I have thick hair. I used the olaplex shampoo and conditioner and it was ok but not fantastic for me. I came across a brand callled Boldplex that you can buy on Amazon, the mask treatment was much less than the olaplex treatment, it is sometimes on offer think I paid about £15. I thought it was lovely.

I bought some tigi shampoo from TK Maxx and it’s made my hair lovely and soft.

Reactions: 2
Don’t know if anyone listens to Sliced Bread on BBC Sounds but they did one recently on Shampoo and whether it’s worth buying more expensive stuff.

Definitely give it a listen because it was really interesting- but the experts they spoke to seemed to advise that there’s not much difference shampoo wise. You’re better off investing in decent conditioner.

But what I found most interesting was about shampoo bars- it said that to make it solid enough they have to use more oils/different types of cleaners that only strip the dirt out of your hair without stripping away all your natural oils. I thought that was fascinating. I switched to them cause of the plastic issues but never considered they’re actually better for your hair.

Anyway… just thought I’d share cause I’ve pissed away so much money in the past on expensive shampoo and conditioner and a lot of the time it’s not made as much difference as the price would have you believe!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Can anyone reccomend a non greasy hair serum to smooth fine, fly away, straight hair? I have little spikey bits on the top my head. 😣

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Can anyone reccomend a non greasy hair serum to smooth fine, fly away, straight hair? I have little spikey bits on the top my head. 😣
I tried to find the one I got a long time ago it was a John Frieda wand like a large mascara. I found something similar on Amazon

Amazon product

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Dunno if anyone can help. I've been looking after my hair for about a year now. Definite difference in it. But my parting goes waaaaay back. I've tried brushing it and training the hair to grow a different way but it just doesn't work. Makes me look like I have a bald patch at the top of the back of my head.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.