Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Busybee

I’ve absolutely devoured these threads over the past couple of weeks! I’ve been influenced by you lot into buying uk lash and dove gradual tan so fingers crossed they work for me too!

I’m really struggling with what to wear at the minute - I used to really pride myself on my fashion sense and what I wore but after two kids, a full time job and an almost full time side hustle I’m ~frazzled~ and I look it. I don’t like any of my usual shops (asos, H&M and the likes) and haven’t for a good while as everything is too young looking and I just don’t know where to look now. Also trying to reduce the amount of cheap rubbish clothes in my wardrobe and shop more mindfully/sustainably, if anyone has any ideas? Don’t have a big budget. I’m 32, 5’2 and usually a size 10 for reference. I’m not too big a fan of the leggings/oversized sweatshirt/pulled up socks/new balance trainer vibes a lot of the insta mums are going for now.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
really going to try keeping a self care / beauty routine this year! since the pandemic i haven't really worn makeup (used to not leave the house without it!) but i just want to feel like an elevated version of myself when bare faced. got an at home gel kit for xmas and like it so far, hoping to keep it up every 2/3 weeks. i do have a relaxing shower / pamper routine every sunday:
oil cleanse / slugging, shave face with eyebrow razor and oil, second gel cleanse
brush teeth and teeth whitening strips for an hour while showering
shampoo twice and hair mask, usually amika the kure or elasticizer
wash body and shave while hair mask sits
rinse hair, add oil or leave in. dry w microfibre towel
sheet mask once out the shower - if at home i'll steal a foreo ufo one from my mum
take whitening strips off and brush teeth etc again
want to try at home ipl too, currently have all the gear and no idea. also going to try a vit c mask next weekend after stalking the thread!

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I found a vlogger on You Tube I like called Pampered Wolf.I have only watched two so far - her best products 2022 for blushers/bronzers and concealer one. She’s British, down to earth, explains things without gimmicks, covers different price points and cruelty free and non cruelty free. My beef normally with make up people is the delivery, saccharine sweet - she just gets on with it. Recommend.

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I got a whole load of clinique moisturisers, eye creams and cleansers etc for Christmas and the difference in my skin after just 1 week is incredible. My skin is glowing. Makeup sits better and I just look fresh!

Previously I was just using some cheap nivea moisturiser from home bargains!

• Heart

MissTeddy

VIP Member
What casual, comfy clothes do y’all wear at the weekends. So you look relaxed and warm but still groomed / put together … and not like a homeless lady wearing 27 layers. I find casual dressing hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Keikochan

VIP Member
I have pretty decent nails and I’m happy with the length, mostly. Trying to get in a routine of going to the salon and getting them done, but idk what to go for? Acrylic or powder or will this ruin my nails underneath?! Help. No clue lol
In the salon, your basic options are Acrylic, Gel, regular nail polish or Gel nail polish. These options have many different names eg gel nail polish could be called shellac, gellac, biab...etc
If you are happy with lenght of your nails then gel nail polish would prob be your best option. There are so many color options and it usually lasts 3 weeks.
If you go for acrylic or gel nails, they will usually cut your nails back and use tips. Alternatively they could use nail forms to build the strength, it varies from salon to salon, even technician to technician.
There might be a bit of damage to your natural nails, they are being filed down and dehydrated. Cuticle oil is a must! Use it every night. Even if you do get a bit of damage, it will grow out so just enjoy whichever nail option you choose, you can always go for a different option at next appointment to experiment and see which you prefer.

• Heart

cherrymoon

Chatty Member
Ohh I've eyed that Argireline solution before! Might need to add it to my shopping list.
it’s good stuff! Definitely noticed my fine lines getting softer.
~
Tinted my brows and lashes today, filed my nails, will paint later. next job is doing my roots. Feel much better! Now if I could just get rid of this bloody flu! 😭

fakesheikh

Chatty Member
What is everyone's quick "go tos" for beauty? New mom and struggling to make me time, tan face serum and mascara has been a life saver to stop me looking like a corpse!
Charlotte tilbury flawless filter - few dabs of this instead of a foundation - game changer. Collection 2000 does a good dupe
Isle of paradise drops for the face
Get eyelashes and brows tinted so you don’t have to bother about mascara / brows through the week
Dry shampoo
A big puffer jacket, adanola leggings and socks - no need for any other outfit 😂 good to go with the pram!

Slaybutter

VIP Member
@Codiaeum I don’t think it’s a good idea to use protein on a daily basis? It is overdoing a good thing in my experience. Years ago, I had a protein hair mask that I loved the results for and began using it every time I washed my hair. My strands started developing little white dots and those would snap off and be pronounced split ends. I learned later on it was something called protein overload. If you find a daily protein conditioner by all means good luck but I would recommend proceeding with caution if it doesn’t specifically say safe for everyday use

• Heart

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
In the salon, your basic options are Acrylic, Gel, regular nail polish or Gel nail polish. These options have many different names eg gel nail polish could be called shellac, gellac, biab...etc
If you are happy with lenght of your nails then gel nail polish would prob be your best option. There are so many color options and it usually lasts 3 weeks.
If you go for acrylic or gel nails, they will usually cut your nails back and use tips. Alternatively they could use nail forms to build the strength, it varies from salon to salon, even technician to technician.
There might be a bit of damage to your natural nails, they are being filed down and dehydrated. Cuticle oil is a must! Use it every night. Even if you do get a bit of damage, it will grow out so just enjoy whichever nail option you choose, you can always go for a different option at next appointment to experiment and see which you prefer.
I used to use gels on my long natural nails but they do dry them out so when you don't have them I found they peeled and broke. Normal polish never worked on my until I was told, paint a thin coat of colour, wait 30 seconds paint another, wait 30 seconds then top coat. Wait 10-20 minutes for it to fully dry. I had chip free nails for 5-7 days!

• Wow

EddyDarling

VIP Member
I'm going to order a limited edition Vivienne Westwood bag instead for updates.
Buying a bag in honour of me fave old bag

• Heart

MrsLucas

VIP Member
Does anyone have any tips for looking half decent whilst going to baby groups. I’ve noticed some mums look really nice and put together with full make up and hair, id love to have that motivation, but end up looking like a mess 🤣🤣
I am one of those mums, I always have been. Unfortunately I just can not leave the house without make up on/hair done. It’s difficult not going to lie I have 3 girls 13,6 and 8 months. How I find time is all down to routine. I always try and wash my hair in the evenings and dry and style it when the kids are in Bed. My make up takes me 10 mins tops.

• Heart

Keikochan

VIP Member
Asking for a friend*

If one were using tanning moisturiser and now has orange patches due to psoriasis on their hands that salt scrub and hand-wash has not shifted, what would one use to make said skin appear normal skin colour, as opposed to looking like they've been smoking 50 a day since birth?

*It's me, hi, I'm the problem it's me
Gloves

• Haha

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
So after using the Garnier vitamin C Facemask, I thought I’d try their other products. The vitamin c brightening serum with spf is really nice. I’ve been using it for a week and my skin feels lovely. It also has a real holiday smell to it.

• Heart

Codiaeum

VIP Member
In the old thread the question about body exfoliation came up and good thing, as I'm lazy about it and it gave me the kick I needed!

I use a Kissmee glove, which is very similar to a Turkish Keese glove used in Hamams. You use it in the shower or tub, ideally after you've been in the water for a moment already and then rub in circles. It's quite astonishing how much dead skin comes off and I feel my skin is noticeably smoother afterwards. I really should be in a habit of doing it more often though. I've even used the glove on my face, sometimes I feel a physical peeling is better than chemical.

• Heart

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I've come to sing the praises of Vitamin C sheet masks :ROFLMAO:

In an old thread, someone suggested taking sheet masks on business travel after I asked how to look somewhat presentable and I got a vitamin C mask on a whim. Was blown away by the result and now got some more. Definitely not a one-off result, my skin looks about ten times better today than it did yesterday evening, much more even skin tone and generally glowing and hydrated. It was a cheap own brand mask from the dm drugstore chain, one sachet is 95 cents and they are very wet and there's still serum left in the packet that I'll use tonight.
I don't use a vitamin c serum, maybe the effects are similar, but I'll definitely keep them on hand from now on. If I need to go anywhere and want to look nice, I'll just throw one on.
Thanks for your update on the vitamin C mask. I picked one up last night and used it this morning. Holy moly my skin feels amazing.
I have sensitive skin but it’s not made it prickly at all, I’m just glowing.

• Heart

pinkmug

VIP Member
Where did you get it from? Is it similar to the Korean on mentioned?
I already had one, the brand is 'Kelebek Kese', I believe you can find it on Amazon. The suggested method is that you stand under warm water for a couple minute so the skin supple. Afterwards it's fairly easy to exfoliate, I used a bit more force on my legs but the arms didn't take much work at all. I think the Korean technique is the same? After exfoliating, I used used my soap and my regular washcloth to shower and moisturized afterwards.

Don't be an idiot like me and try to vigorously exfoliate yourself in the steaming shower, make sure there is enough air because I almost passed out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
@harveydean just seen you are getting composite bonding in January. Please make sure you have a warranty for the work. My dentist is currently avoiding me when I asked them to repair bonding that has come away just weeks after the work was done.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8