Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly - I’ve got blue, green and purple.
I also have "everything" and neither warm nor cool ever really looked right on me. Neutral was better, but also not quite it. Turns out I have got a touch of olive in my skin :rolleyes: I'm quite fair and my hair is a light-medium brown with some orange tones in it. Apparently, olive tones often get overlooked in fairer folks as they are more common for darker skin tones and darker hair.
Anyway, "neutral" looks better on me than warm or cool shades and the best match I've found is a mineral foundation in the shade "02 olive" by Chrimaluxe. That honestly is my skin tone.

Reactions: 3
My beauty buys
1 Shrine hair colour. It comes in a small bottle and you mix a few drops with conditioner. Since deciding to go grey I use it to do a few highlights. I have acqua, blue, purple and pink. It lasts about 10 washes so I can change according to my mood.
2 Mac cream blusher. Always used powder but this is amazing and the consultant suggested a colour that was one that I wouldn’t have considered.
3 Astral. Not as a moisturiser but as a makeup remover with a face cloth. A friend with great skin said she used it and I am hooked.
4 L’Oréal lipsticks. Just as good as my favourite Bobbi Brown but cheaper.
5 Rosalique cream. Great for redness and rosacea and is a tinted moisturiser that improves your skin
I love astral on my body so I am so intrigued by this , first purchase when I’m home !!!

Reactions: 2
1. cosrx snail mucin power essence
2. Paula's choice bha
3. Niacinamide - I use the balance one from Amazon/home bargains.
4. Revlon colourstay precision gel eyeliner in beige - really opens my eyes and lasts all day
5. Maybelline colossal curl mascara
May be a silly question but would you put the beige gel liner on your upper or lower lid? And would it work on fair skin?

I’ve finally gotten through all these threads and am feeling excited about all of the tips and also like I’m about to be very poor 🤣

Reactions: 5
Any tips on doing your own eyebrows? The lady who does mine is going on maternity leave soon so I thought it would be a good time to learn how to do my own and save some £££. They’re quite thick and need shaping regularly, they’re a bit patchy too 🤦🏻‍♀️

Any tips on doing your own eyebrows? The lady who does mine is going on maternity leave soon so I thought it would be a good time to learn how to do my own and save some £££. They’re quite thick and need shaping regularly, they’re a bit patchy too 🤦🏻‍♀️
I just got mine microbladed. If you've got alright skin they should last a good while. I had mine last done 2.5 years ago and they are just starting to fade. So I just have to pluck/trim them to keep them in shape. Mine naturally are really thick and bushy and 2 completely different shapes. I used to have them threaded every 5/6 days as they'd just not last.

Reactions: 1
I don’t really understand how to determine skin tone tbh - the guidance is so vague and I seem to fit into all the categories. Yellow warm cool - no bloody idea. I usually mix my foundation shades to get the shade I want - e.g. I mix IT cosmetics Fair and Medium and that suits me.
Generally, it goes:

Blue veins: Cool skin tone (needs pink-shaded foundation)
Green veins: Warm skin tone (needs yellow-shaded foundation)
Either/difficult to tell: neutral skin tone (N foundations)

plus

You suit gold jewellery better: Warm skin tone (needs yellow-shaded foundation)
You suit silver jewellery better: Cool skin tone (needs pink-shaded foundation)
You suit both: neutral skin tone (N foundations)

The Fenty match finder sorted me perfectly: https://fentybeauty.com/pages/fenty-face-shade-finder

Once you know your Fenty shade, there are shade finders like this one that will give your foundation match for other products: https://findation.com/

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My beauty buys
1 Shrine hair colour. It comes in a small bottle and you mix a few drops with conditioner. Since deciding to go grey I use it to do a few highlights. I have acqua, blue, purple and pink. It lasts about 10 washes so I can change according to my mood.
Love shrine! So easy 😍. Tho played it safe on the shades - Bronde and caramel.

I also have "everything" and neither warm nor cool ever really looked right on me. Neutral was better, but also not quite it. Turns out I have got a touch of olive in my skin :rolleyes: I'm quite fair and my hair is a light-medium brown with some orange tones in it. Apparently, olive tones often get overlooked in fairer folks as they are more common for darker skin tones and darker hair.
Anyway, "neutral" looks better on me than warm or cool shades and the best match I've found is a mineral foundation in the shade "02 olive" by Chrimaluxe. That honestly is my skin tone.
The standard cool/warm/neutral/olive doesn’t work me either. I apparently have peach gold undertones. This collection is really intriguing for people who struggle to match — they offer yellow, pink, and gold undertones

eta: An actual review b/c I did mention I tried this Kosas product before for a literal minute. I normally wear a skin tint not foundation and thought that this product was too much for me. My skin heats up very easily so I felt like foundation wouldn’t be a good choice.

*goes back to researching water creams*

I got really excited by everyone raving about UK Lash I added it to my to buy list but....I also remember buying an eyelash serum in the early 2000s, and then there were those stories about the serum turning people's blue eyes brown. It was amazing, but I stopped using it way back then because I panicked.

So I decided to double check UK Lash ingredients list and google the eye colour thing I remembered....the side effect was to do with prostaglandin analogues, and it does look like UK Lash contains a synthetic prostaglandin analogue, Isopropyl Cloprostenate. I can't see anything in their FAQs about that so I was thinking of contacting them directly to ask if they give any specific disclaimers related to potential side effects and if they can confirm whether the concentration used is lower to avoid risk of side effects.

If anyone is curious here are some articles about prostaglandin analogues, but there are loads if you google:
https://health.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2022-02/sccs_o_258.pdf (this is a 2022 European Union Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety report on the safety of prostaglandins and synthetic prostaglandin analgoues used in cosmetic products)

Has anyone noticed any side effects? Has anyone been using it longer term (for longer than X months, say?)

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Booked in for my consultation. Decided duck it I'm gonna see if he can get me upto an E cup. This year is the year I do it!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I suddenly want allergic last year to eyelash extensions. I’m told it’s the fermyelderhide in the glue. I have tonight after reading on here just ordered the uk lash serum and mascara. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it does the trick

Uk lash wasn’t good for my eyes. Only used it a few times due to irritation and redness.

Ok…what were your top 5 buys of 2022 for beautifying yourself?

Mine
  1. MD Blow hairdryer
  2. Dizziak conditioner
  3. Bare Biology Collagen Powder
  4. Jo Loves Pomelo perfume
  5. Peaches and Cream cleanser (Soap and Glory)
Yours?
some are very budget and random!!!

1. Ghd air hair dryer
2. Elvive Extraordinary Oil
3. Vaseline (lips and eyebrows)
4. bPerfect chroma foundation
5. Superdrug vitamin c face mask

Nice clean nails!

I always think everyone knows this already, but then I look around me in public transportation and I want to vomit when I see how many women don't take care 😱😱😱

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I’ve just bought the Philip Kingsley Elasticiser after reading the reviews on here (thank you!). Those who are regular users, are there any tips or tricks you would recommend?

By they way, they also have 30% off the rose and lychee 500ml edition of it at the moment, in case anyone is interested!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.