Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Ooo I see them adanola leggings on vinted all the time. Might invest in a pair then if they are good. I've never worn primark clothes just assume cause they are cheap the quality is shit and I just can't do that to myself lol.
Trust me, the only primark clothing I buy is the PJs/underwear and last time I bought the joggers. I was staying at my cousins house in my new joggers and I was on the floor on all fours, picking up my joggers fluff, thinking “fuck I deserve better than this” 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 17

harveydean

VIP Member
I’ve used skin and me for almost 2 years now and it’s remarkable! I only wash with water in the morning, the Charlotte Tilbury miracle cream and La Roche Posay SPF 50. At night I use the skin and me cleanser (it’s lasted months) and my prescription.

Last week I went for a skinceuticals skin assessment where they took photographs to analyse. The consultant as shocked and said I actually didn’t need anything adding to my routine as my skin was near perfect and I didn’t even neee to wear makeup (and this is with my Botox wearing off and literally bronzer and mascara on!) She tried to flog me a facial of course 😂

Not a humble brag just a heads up that skin and me is great! I’m late 40s btw.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

fakesheikh

Chatty Member
I fell into a hole of tiktok videos on how to get rid of ear blackheads. Apparently the solution is dabbing salicylic acid inside your ears!

I don’t even have ear blackheads (I don’t think anyway) 🧐

I love ingrown hairs, in the bath with tweezers is my idea of a good night

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Whyyy do I always feel like you've gotta be skinny and blonde to be glam 😭 never feel goof even when I try. (Fat brunette here lol)

• Sad
  • Heart

Olive16

Sorry to be a moany Minnie - I'm just really struggling with my image at the moment! I've always suffered with low self confodence/esteem and I've always thought myself ugly and unattractive - I've started working within a new role at work (Teaching Assistant in Reception) and I always feel ugly! I typically wear leggings, trainers and a sweatshirt, i have curly hair which i rarely style for work and bung up in a mum bun - as I'm up, down and whatever else - but I always feel slummy, which in turn lowers my mood! Doesn't help that the teacher is an attractive young lady and always looks lovely 🫠😂 I need to be comfortable, but I want to be fashionable and proud of my appearance whilst at work!? Any advice of some staple pieces or things I can do to make myself look and feel better!? Sorry for the essay - just needed to get how I felt off my chest! 😊

• Heart

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Has anyone tried the Olaplex dupes from Aldi? Wondering if they’re worth the hype. I’ve never tried Olaplex before though, seems like a lot of hassle 😂
I actually don't rate Olaplex at all. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it actually damaged my hair.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Esme

VIP Member
Does anyone have any tips for looking half decent whilst going to baby groups. I’ve noticed some mums look really nice and put together with full make up and hair, id love to have that motivation, but end up looking like a mess 🤣🤣
I don’t know how they manage it tbh 🤣

but I’ve found wearing a little make up really helps me feel more put together, look brighter and less tired, plus I don’t feel too bad when I catch a glimpse of myself. I used to do a full face every day pre baby, literally wouldn’t leave the house bare faced but now it’s just a little foundation, blusher, highlighter and brows. If I have more time I push the boat out and do a little cat flick and some mascara. Making sure I’m happy in my clothes helps too 🥰 I’ve found the mums who are full make up and hair are very few and far between. I don’t really bat an eyelid now but with my first baby I was definitely self conscious especially as you don’t really feel yourself as it is. Please know you’re more than enough, with or without makeup and hair done.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

yourecutejeans

So many good tips on this thread!

I get a Keratin treatment two or three times a year, I have long thick frizzy hair and it cuts my drying time down to about 10 mins and makes my hair so sleek and straight for months. Keratin One salon in Manchester is the best! It’s expensive but it saves so much time. Also use the Moroccan oil on the ends of my hair every day and it’s super healthy. Stopped bleaching my hair and went back brown, never had as many compliments 😂

I’m a religious body moisturiser, I got a Rituals set for Christmas (rose and sweet almond) and oh my god - the smell from their body moisturisers really last all day I’m obsessed! Would never have bought an expensive one before, just used Garnier but I’m converted now.

I love my hand creams and apply it every single night. I adore the L’occitane Shea butter one but I’m on a tighter budget atm and find the Body Shop hemp one is almost as good 💁‍♀️ I think well kept hands & nails are so important, I don’t wear polish much because of work but I always keep my nails tidy.

Controversial one but sun beds - I’ve never had much success with fake tan and I’m ghostly pale so I’ll usually get 6/9 minutes a week - just gives me a healthy glow 🌞 always use SPF on my face and the little eye covers.

Another one is shoes, always make sure my shoes are clean! I try to throw all my shoes through the machine a couple of times a year. It makes a big difference to your overall appearance!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Kool Aid

HELP! My boyfriend has been working away for the last 6 weeks and he comes home on Friday!! So I want to be looking beautiful for his arrival as I'm a sahm to 2 young kids so usually I'm looking like a hot mess!

I've booked to get my nails done, going to ti t my eyebrows and wash my hair the day he arrives. Also going to shave the pits, vag snd legs (im going all out here hahaha) Any other tips? I'm on a budget too 💚

I'm also tidying the house ready for his arrival and got his favourite drink and snacks stocked up. Any other welcome home ideas?

Thanks ladies

• Heart

Frau_guru

Always wear a fragrance....

And don't forget to use it daily.
And after each bottle go and buy yourself another smell, life is too short to use always the same perfume.
You deserve it!

• Heart

Happy35

So glad you called it a fringe and not 'bangs' 😂😂
I was gutted as a child when I found out bangs was just a fringe and not something that only American people had - it was late 70s very early 80s. Even more so when I realised a barrette was a hair slide 🤣

• Haha
I'm currently testing out the Revolution vegan hair gummies (on top of my other multivitamins)
They taste foul 😭

Has anyone used the website Flannels?
I’d avoid flannels! My parcel (lovely pair of shoes id been saving up for) never came. Apparently they were “stolen in the post”. The customer service was awful and never refunded the money or sent a replacement. I still think about it , pain 😢

• Wow
  • Heart

dee_mc

VIP Member
What casual, comfy clothes do y’all wear at the weekends. So you look relaxed and warm but still groomed / put together … and not like a homeless lady wearing 27 layers. I find casual dressing hard.
I like White Stuff for casual tops/slighly elevated sweatshirts etc. Mint Velvet have good cardigans with a bit of detail without being fussy.
Christ could it be any clearer I'm in my mid/late thirties? Excruciating.

• Haha

barrrlohflaughs

Chatty Member
Does anyone have any tips for looking half decent whilst going to baby groups. I’ve noticed some mums look really nice and put together with full make up and hair, id love to have that motivation, but end up looking like a mess 🤣🤣
Spend a little time each evening to get your clothes ready for the next day or choose them for the week on a Sunday and iron them all ready (I know that’s probably easier said than done). I always find that when nicer clothes are ready I won’t reach for the oversized jumper and leggings as quickly. Having clean hair always makes me feel put together no matter what I’m wearing.

also, be kind to yourself. I can guarantee that no one is looking at you and judging your appearance, and if they are, they’re not people you want to be friends with anyway!

• Heart

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Thank you to whoever mentioned the vitamin c mask. My skins really taken hit this winter and now looks fabulous!

• Heart