Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve bought a vitamin c mask after reading the thread looking forward to trying it .
I’ve noticed a huge reduction in my pores from using the Clearasil face pads and the glycolic acid toner from primark it’s the first time I’ve ever noticed my pores shrinking and I think the combined cost of the two things was about £8

Reactions: 7
What is everyone's quick "go tos" for beauty? New mom and struggling to make me time, tan face serum and mascara has been a life saver to stop me looking like a corpse!

Reactions: 3
What is everyone's quick "go tos" for beauty? New mom and struggling to make me time, tan face serum and mascara has been a life saver to stop me looking like a corpse!
Charlotte tilbury flawless filter - few dabs of this instead of a foundation - game changer. Collection 2000 does a good dupe
Isle of paradise drops for the face
Get eyelashes and brows tinted so you don’t have to bother about mascara / brows through the week
Dry shampoo
A big puffer jacket, adanola leggings and socks - no need for any other outfit 😂 good to go with the pram!

Reactions: 9
Charlotte tilbury flawless filter - few dabs of this instead of a foundation - game changer. Collection 2000 does a good dupe
Isle of paradise drops for the face
Get eyelashes and brows tinted so you don’t have to bother about mascara / brows through the week
Dry shampoo
A big puffer jacket, adanola leggings and socks - no need for any other outfit 😂 good to go with the pram!
I second CT flawless filter, lovely as a base! Also highly recommend a lash lift and tint, you'll never look back!

Reactions: 2
I really like the CosRx Snail Essence for a pick-me-up skin treat. I use it like a serum most mornings and I swear it helps my skin glow/feel more hydrated etc. 24 pounds at Boots. It's one of those very hyped products that I do think lives up to it!

Also co-sign the lash lift and tint recommendation.

Congrats on the new baby!

Does anyone else get bad ingrown hairs no matter what you do to try avoid them? Had a real painful one the other day I squeezed it and it exploded and the hair came out in the explosion. My legs are scarred from them, look like I'm a former junkie or something big pink round scars all up em.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else get bad ingrown hairs no matter what you do to try avoid them? Had a real painful one the other day I squeezed it and it exploded and the hair came out in the explosion. My legs are scarred from them, look like I'm a former junkie or something big pink round scars all up em.
Try exfoliating and using the cerave SA cream for rough and bumpy skin xx

• Heart
Yeah I do, under my arms and in-between my legs. It's awful, painful and embarrassing

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Yeah I do, under my arms and in-between my legs. It's awful, painful and embarrassing
I had this problem all my life, tried all sorts of lotions and shaving creams, pre and post wax lotions for waxing, spent silly money on special ingrown remover solution and even all the tips from that famous reddit post about preventing ingrowns and literally nothing worked for me until I started getting it lasered. I'm not fully done with my course yet but can report that it's the only thing that's worked so far in reducing growth/thinning the hair, not had a single ingrown since. Even if it doesn't end up being permanent like some people report even with the recommended 10 sessions I'd still say it was well worth the money even for preventing the ingrowns for me x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I had this problem all my life, tried all sorts of lotions and shaving creams, pre and post wax lotions for waxing, spent silly money on special ingrown remover solution and even all the tips from that famous reddit post about preventing ingrowns and literally nothing worked for me until I started getting it lasered. I'm not fully done with my course yet but can report that it's the only thing that's worked so far in reducing growth/thinning the hair, not had a single ingrown since. Even if it doesn't end up being permanent like some people report even with the recommended 10 sessions I'd still say it was well worth the money even for preventing the ingrowns for me x
Oh that's great news! Going off to check it out x

Oh that's great news! Going off to check it out x
I hope it works out for you, let me know how you get on! Ingrowns can be so horribly painful and I've got some proper nasty scars from mine so I totally get how you feel, it's just awful :(

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yeah I look like shite having had a few bugs since early December. My skin is looking dull and congested and I'm having a bit of hormonal acne too 🙄
Picked up a vitamin C mask today thanks to this thread, and a hyaluronic and aloe serum. Hopefully they'll make a difference for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I love the elf dupe of CT flawless filter, boy brow by glossier and mascara. Congrats on the new arrival!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I use something from a company called Australian body care . It’s so good, my hair is thick and dark so I suffer so badly around my bikini line but they all went when I started using this

I can’t link it because I’m on holiday and Google keeps giving me Spanish sites

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Me but I have a weird addiction to plucking them 🤢

Reactions: 4
I fell into a hole of tiktok videos on how to get rid of ear blackheads. Apparently the solution is dabbing salicylic acid inside your ears!

I don’t even have ear blackheads (I don’t think anyway) 🧐

I love ingrown hairs, in the bath with tweezers is my idea of a good night

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Just the same here, I scrub thoroughly and use AHA body lotion and they'll still happen. I found that strong facial acid toner works pretty well. I've even resorted to using my Biologique Recherche P50 on the worst patches. I still get the occasional ingrower but they happen a lot less and don't get inflamed.

I'll look into lasering, that sounds great!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.