Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Just an fyi, if anyone is considering buying Penhaligon’s Halfeti perfume at £190, the Perfume Parlour’s dupe smells exactly the same and is long lasting.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
Looking for advice. I am looking for a flattering, smart casual outfit for a family do.
I would like something to slim the belly area. Slightly freaking out about it!
A pair of tailored black or navy trousers with a good quality white tee shirt/shirt/ light sweater and blazer (possibly caramel colour?). Add a scarf or chunky necklace, loafers or low heeled shoes, nice handbag.

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Tattlers - I've been suffering with some serious January Blues! I feel tired all the time and zero effort is being made on my part! 🥲 I feel like I want to re-invent myself and start putting myself first a bit more (Working Mumma of Three) - I'm 35 - and going through some sort of style crisis and don't know quite how I want to dress. I like oversized (possibly because I hate my body and I feel it hides me!?) And I quite like gender neutral fashion - however I do have days where I want to be girly. I have curly hair which if I make effort can be nice - I guess my biggest vicious cycle is wanting to make effort, but lacking time, and feeling tired and that gets me feeling down in the dumps! I'm just fed up of feeling ugly and repeating this cycle of feeling this way... sorry for the essay and if you've read this far... 👏👏 Help a Gal out and Throw me some motivation and positivity! X
My biggest tip is step-by-step. Work on one thing at a time - maybe this week it's styling your hair, next week you give yourself a mani, week after that you buy some things to jazz up your wardrobe. Work on little habits that fit in around your life and make a difference to your self-confidence and mood.

Also January sucks. Totally empathise with the blues. ♥

• Heart

Frau_guru

Nice clean nails!

I always think everyone knows this already, but then I look around me in public transportation and I want to vomit when I see how many women don't take care 😱😱😱

• Wow

Millais

Chatty Member
If anyone’s looking for a nice perfume, I sprayed myself with Parle Moi Flavia Vanilla in Selfridges the other day and a) it was lovely. A sophisticated vanilla scent, not overly sweet and sugary and b) it lasted forever - I had a shower and I could still smell it on my wrist almost as strong as before I’d washed! It’s expensive though, so now I’m trying to justify treating myself to it for my birthday.

tspnwn

I work in salon services and while loads of people seem to think Olaplex is a holy grail range ime from customers I speak to it's really hit or miss, for the ones it doesn't gel with they either like the Redken amino acid concentrate or K18, haven't tried either though x

Gold_7

Chatty Member
  • Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I put on half a stone out of nowhere and couldn't think why. Only new thing in my life was Biotin. So I stopped taking the tablets and about three days later I'd pissed the 7 lbs back out.
Not exactly the same but I have some kidney damage and retain alot of water. I started taking 2 cranberry tablets a day and same as you pissed out half a stone in 3 days.

• Wow

tspnwn

Hey all, happy new year! Just popping in with a recommendation for a product I'm so impressed with. I've got really boring mousy brown hair that I hate, I used to colour it silver but the damage was causing it to fall out so I had to go back to my natural colour. I wanted a change but didn't want to commit to dyeing it again every month and damaging it again after it's been recovering so well. I bought Maria Nila Colour Refresh in Bright Red, the instructions say to leave it on for 10 minutes, when I did that it didn't really do much so was a bit disappointed. Yesterday I tried it again but put it on dry hair then left it for like 2 and a half hours, washed out and it's a lovely deep red!! So I got my new colour I wanted with no damage :love: highly recommend, they do lots of colours!

EddyDarling

VIP Member
Things to avoid.
Straight knee length skirts that look good when standing up but can ride up and look too short when sitting down.
Long skirts that trail on the floor when sitting down, someone is bound to stand on it.
Nothing with big sleeves that can catch on things.

Wear something with pockets so you can stash a handkerchief or a sweet to stop you coughing
I think I'm just going to get a slip style dress on. I can't be arsed now I know there's no booze available

• Haha
  • Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
We have a Flannels near me. Favourite haunt of the young drug dealers. If you are going to buy something at a high price point, buy it from somewhere with a bit more glamour. Plus the guy that owns that shop, and quite a lot of the High Street now, is a dick.

Millais

Chatty Member
I haven’t had a single ingrown hair since I started doing the at home IPL (is that the name?) I got the Panasonic one. Every so often Boots do a big electrical sale, I got it about a third off.

• Heart

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I feel like everything looks good when you’re skinny. I’m a size 12, which I feel like is pretty average but I still feel huge when I try on clothes. This girl I follow on Instagram has an amazing body, she manages to make Primark outfits look like they’re from high end boutiques
Absolutely! I'm a size 14/16 & feel like nothing looks glam on me yet skinny girls always look incredible. I'm trying to lose weight but it's so hard

• Heart

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
such a good question and so important. I was the same as you for years constantly ill with coughs and colds from October to March.

Covering up is so important for me, when the weather gets cool I make sure I’m wearing a vest as an extra layer, also making sure my neck, chest and mouth are not exposed when I’m out in the cold. Long jacket/coat, gloves and hat, plus proper shoes and socks to keep my feet dry. Seems so simple but I wasn’t doing those things, I didn’t have a proper coat and my mouth was always exposed.

I now always have Vicks, cough syrup and lemsip in the house for when I feel the first tickle, I make sure I take syrup etc. and stick to taking it regularly until the symptoms are completely gone. Always having it in the house means that when I feel that first tickle in the evening I can handle it straight away rather than just leaving it overnight. Salt water gargle works too, but it’s disgusting.

Food wise I am trying to make a lot of hearty soups. Lemon and water every day, garlic and olive oil as mentioned by someone else. I try to make sure I get some protein, some fats, some carbs, veg every day.

Prioritise sleep, keep layered up at home if house is cold.

I just had my 3rd no cough Christmas and it was great 😀
You make a great point here; covering up is so important. I always leave the house with some kind of scarf, even a thin one in the summer. Nothing worse than a cold chest and that can cause lurgy.

margaretta

VIP Member
So add conditioner, cowash, rinse out. Add conditioner again, detangle, leave in for 5 minutes whilst I wash my body, shave etc & then wash out.

Curly hair should be dried using an old cotton tee shirt or a microfiber towel (avoids frizz) plopping is where you've wrapped your hair in a towel/tee and leave it for hours to dry.

I personally don't use heat on my hair but some people use a diffuser
Using an old cotton tshirt instead of a towel has been a real game changer for me. My hair is in much better condition as a result.

Isn’t it funny how sometimes the cheapest and easiest of adjustments can bring the best results?

• Heart

barrrlohflaughs

Chatty Member
I’ve heard that people have been buying from Flannels and returning fakes for a refund which means some poor buyer down the line ends up with the fake.

• Wow

goosecat

Has anyone got any good recommendations for black leggings?
not adanola I don’t like the new shiny material
Thank you!
People might kill me for saying this, but Shein have the best leggings I’ve ever owned. They’re the Glow Mode FeatherFit Crossover ones- buttery soft, high waisted, super flattering, and I’ve worn them to work almost every day for about 5 months and they still feel like new. A bargain for £19!

Spider12

VIP Member
After shaving balm being recommended a few threads back, I got this the other day and omg it’s made such a difference! I put a little bit on my legs too (as it was shaving day-it had been a while 🙈) and it completely stopped the itching and burning I always get no matter how I shave. No red spots either.

Attachments

Reactions: 7