Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Stimpii

VIP Member
Another 4lbs off for me this week. Had a few people comment how well I’m looking, now I just need to believe it myself.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

laughing

VIP Member
Welcome.

Breathe!

Work out your TDEE.

Track those calories.

Move - whatever rocks your boat. Walking, running, HIIT, you tube workouts.

Be kind too yourself.

Plan for half a stone at a time, otherwise it's just too big a task.

You will fall of the wagon but just get back on it.

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
Completed my first week calorie counting and I’ve lost 3.4lbs 🥳 very happy with that as I’ve rarely been hungry either.

• Heart

Sven

VIP Member
I couldn’t do intuitive eating. My intuition is to eat a million drumstick squashies!!

• Haha

Marie95

Feeling bit fed up today.
No change on scales for days.
Husband saying 6lb weigh loss in 30 days is bit poor he would have expected more. He always goes on extreme diets and hardly exercises.
His day time working diet consists of coffee and fags but then evening he has big meal and snacks loads.
Off to walk the dog again.
Taking kids to park later just feel frustrated.
Went a few hundred calories over yesterday's but half term here still and w kids were playing up.
I'm just trying stay postive mindset.
That if I keep being consistent with calories and exercise it will pay off.
I haven't taken part in these threads and usually just a lurker, but 6 pounds in a month is amazing! I'd be chuffed with that! Keep going and don't let negativity fog your mindset 🥰

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Officially 1st 5lbs down since January. Slow and steady! Made up that during the month I haven’t weighed in I’ve still lost 1lb a week which is my aim🙌🏼 I’m going out for a meal and drinks tomorrow (outdoors ofc) so going to have a good day today so I can enjoy that guilt free. Don’t want to restrict myself to “save calories up” for it but definitely want to know it’s just one off plan meal.

• Heart

bellinibobble

VIP Member
NSV: Had a birthday party with my family yesterday, liked all the photos which were taken of me 😆 hasn’t happened in years!!

The scales were not too kind this morning though. Ahh well, you’re only 30 once!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Stimpii

VIP Member
3lbs off for me this week. Honestly can’t believe I’m still losing. I’ve discovered over the past 11 weeks that I actually like exercise and that I don’t need a takeaway/junk food every week. I’m enjoying the fakeaways we make and just feel so much better overall.

• Heart
I risked trying on a dress I bought two summers ago where I was daft enough to assume that the material would have some give in it - not only did the main fabric not have much, the lining had absolutely none whatsoever. The upshot was that I realised halfway through that I couldn't get out of it once it was securely jammed across my chest, throat and face - which, as I'm claustrophobic, was the most terrifying thing in the world, as I was alone in the house at that point. I stuck it in the wardrobe once I escaped and it's been there ever since, throughout lockdown weight gain and everything else.

I got Mr D to be there just in case. It felt like a completely new dress - it's not quite perfect yet, I think another 7lbs/about an inch down will mean it sits just right on my waist - but the top, the bit that even thinking about it gave me panic attacks, well, it's actually a little on the loose side.

So I'm now a size 16 top and just-over-an-18 bottom (well, lower stomach). Not bad from a 24 cutting into my belly, even if there was a huge gap at the small of my back.

I then tried on a very expensive/fancy work blazer I'd had for years and whilst it didn't close over the belly, it fitted my arms, shoulders and back and sat straight, rather than being pulled sideways/out of shape. That is labelled 14.

I might be OK to get a set of scales. Still vaguely worried about the numbers setting me off, but I don't really see any difference in me, despite the dress proving that there obviously is. Think I might stick to cheap ones, though. I think I'd like to be able to happily get rid of it without breaking my heart over the cost if I feel myself going over to the other side again.

• Heart

bolimepipi

VIP Member
hi guys, i haven't been on here for so long that i don't know if anyone will remember me 😬 😅

i've definitely fallen off the wagon, i got covid and felt like shit, couldn't go to my fitness class and couldn't be bothered with watching what i'm eating. i still have breathing issues and fatigue but i will try to get back to training next week as i really can't wait any longer. i also have to start eating healthier again as i really feel like i've gained weight since i got covid and stopped training 😫😩

one good thing has been that i'm not smoking anymore. again, i don't know if anyone will remember but when we just started these weight loss threads i stopped smoking. i managed to go a little over a month and then i gave in again. well now since i'm finding it hard to breathe properly, i definitely can't smoke 😂 i hope i will at least keep that up! i haven't really felt a strong desire to smoke either so that's good.

i just wanted to post and watch this thread again as i find it great to hold myself accountable and i like following your journeys! 💛

• Heart

Moonflower

Chatty Member
Hello everyone..
I'm new to this page, I posted in Advice but was recommended this thread by @laughing I've started reading through this thread but see there are some before..

I'll try to keep this simple but I need help.
I have always been overweight. The only time I have been successful in losing a noticeable amount is when I have done complete meal replacement diets but of course I put it back on (and more).
I had an awful attitude towards food, would binge eat and eat in secret.

I finished hypnosis two weeks ago and finally felt in control of my eating. I started eating three proper meals a day. No snacking or bingeing and didn't want junk food at all. In fact I still don't. I was actually beginning to feel quite good. I had hidden the scales but this morning I felt so confident I wanted to weigh to see how much I have lost. But, nothing. Not a single pound. I weigh exactly the same as I did two weeks ago.
It sounds pathetic but I am gutted. I feel sick and want to cry. I don't know how to lose weight with food. I need to loose approx 5 stone which I have done with shakes but I don't know how to do it with food.
Please can anyone point me in any kind of direction?
Thank you
please stick with it and keep going! I know it is really hard when you don't see results but when I first started it took FOUR weeks to see those goddamn scales move. I just think our bodies take a while to catch up sometimes. I'm a year down the line and I've lost 3 stone. Patience really is a huge part of this weight loss journey!

• Heart

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Soooo.. anyone else’s scales give them weird readings sometimes? 🥴 Mine just told me I was 10st 14.. is that not the same as dead on 11st..? 🤔

ANYWAY.. reaching ‘10st something’ after starting the year as 14st something is a massive mental milestone so I’m taking it 😂 absolutely buzzing!
Quoting myself but I weighed in as 10st 13lb 1/4 this morning so it’s official 🎉 Feel good at having got my exercise out of the way this morning because I’m going out tonight and I’m going to spend the day pampering. Hope everyone has a nice weekend whatever your plans are!

• Heart

carriebooboo

VIP Member
NSV: Lost another 2 inches off my waist, which means my waist is now officially less than half my height! 🎉 I always lose weight off my waist last so really pleased to see this shifting. 😊

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
Marking a stone and a half lost today :) 10st 3lbs this morning, my May goal is to be 9st-something by the end of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
Hi everyone can I join in on the weight loss, I had a baby 4 weeks ago and gained nearly 4 stone, weighed myself this morning and I’m 15 stone 10lb which is the heaviest Iv probably been. Going to weigh every Monday morning and need to try and stay motivated, weekends are my downfall 😣

Last edited:
  • Heart

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Another gym workout done, I bumped into the lady who waxes my legs 😅

My waist measurement is now outside of the, "You are at high risk and should see your GP," range 😁

I'm definitely noticing an uplift in my mental health, I'm feeling more cheerful in myself

• Heart