Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

laughing

VIP Member
@Laur91 thank you for your help.

MFP tells me 1200

Just done my BMR = 1209

TDEE = 1891

So I should be eating 1391 calories a day to loose weight?

Have done this today, still have 120 calories to eat and that's with even a glass to wine to use up calories. Now will eat 120 calories of rubbish to finish the day

Sven

VIP Member
you don’t have to eat your calories if you don’t feel like it, the bigger deficit you create the more weight you will lose that week for example. Some other weeks you may eat more, that’s just how life is and this way of eating is flexible and sustainable but you don’t need to stick to it rigidly.
What would you say for someone who has been sticking to 1500 and hasn’t lost more than 2lb in a month?

Notworthy

VIP Member
I was always told it was a bit of trial and error and to always pick sedentary as fitbits etc over estimate exercise. However if you're eating at 1700 and losing weight then go for it. It might slow down a bit after a while and then you can readjust.

I never eat back my calories from exercise personally as I just don't trust it's tracked that accurately however it does give me a little bit of leeway if I've gone over on a different day.

--------

I'm so happy to be back at the gym, I do their workout of the day and it was skipping and weights yesterday and my tummy muscles are so sore don't even know why!

Cardio tonight, I'm trying to get back into couch to 5k. I was all the way up to week 5 before lockdown so I started week one recently and it was a bit too easy so going to maybe try midway through week 2 tonight.
With couch to 5k I would say do the 1st run of week 2 and if that's too easy, next time do the 1st run of week 3 or you could try and go a little quicker. I did couch to 5k 2 years ago but I still use the app to try to improve my pace as I'm stuck on a 32 min 5k

Laur91

VIP Member
Had hectic weekend lots activity.
But today been stuck in the house.
Need walk the dog but looks like rain.
Have take 1 child opticians got changed and looked in mirror and realised even my arms feel huge.
Scales not budged in days think constipation issues part of it.
Moved cals up to 1800 since recalculated tddee.
Would dearly love a loss this week.
have you been to the docs about your constipation issues?

PreciousVenus

This is key to remember! Imagine if you give up on one of the increases. We’ll all get there eventually. It’s a long journey and will never be linear but if you want it, go get it!
Unfortunately mine looked more like down, down down, then suddenly just up, up, up, up.

fireflies

VIP Member
OK bit weird one.i track calories burnt and steps on Samsung health app on phone.
I then sync with mfp.
I don't always eat my exercise cals that's on treat day.
Usually burn least 1500 cals a day.
Mfp has me on 1380 target but most days I go over some days slightly to 1500 but last few days honestly more like 1800.
I worked out tdee calculator maintainance 2010 so anything under i guess means I should not gain weight just not lose as quickly or as much.
Last 3 days scales been going downward even on 1700 to 1800.
Whats going on?
I am walking a fair number of steps but lots say they don't exercise cals.

Sven

VIP Member
If I exercise every day for 30 mins (weights and HIIT alternating) does that count as moderate? I don’t know.

If I exercise every day for 30 mins (weights and HIIT alternating) does that count as moderate? I don’t know.
Actually. I’ve just put in moderate and it’s not so different. Im currently eating 1500. Should I be having more then? I’m not losing weight despite having that and exercising.

Attachments

Last edited: