Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t wait for this week to be over. My first week back to work and I’ve been on maintenance calories but it’s still been awful!
Ready to draw a line under the week and start again!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have worked out roughly how much milk I have- I drink a lot of tea and just add lump sum of milk everyday as the thought of adding tea every time I drink a cup or measure the milk would break me.

Reactions: 3
I don't add milk or sugar i have around e cups day.
I don't use any condiments only salt and pepper.
Made lovely chicken salad tonight I don't add dressing did add cheese.
I roughly estimate cal calculations salad and veg as minimal.
I do count cold drink and milk if I drink it.
I don't calculate squash as its so low.

Not done 10k walk today. Only managed 5k but Samsung health says done 1400 cals burnt entire day so I know we talked about steps making us moderatly active on tdee.
I reckon Friday and weekend can catch up on steps to ensure hit 70k for the week.
Just not felt great today. Maybe that time of month is soon im crap at tracking but maybe I need to.
Took 2 tops back shop as made me look fat.

Reactions: 2
i can’t seem to eat normally or listen to my body as well as i do when tracking?
I feel you, it’s so difficult isn’t it ☹ I went so off piste around my birthday with treats in the house, meals out and not doing any food shopping.. I’m back on it now but I don’t know how to learn that low level willpower I’m still going to need when I get to my target weight!
just wondering- are there any calories you guys DONT count? eg milk in tea etc?
I don’t count frylight, or spices/herbs. I just add 40mls of milk to MFP every time I have a tea or coffee. I do all fruit and veg as well because the calories do add up 😬

Hey everyone so i’m back on the CC train
after some time of thinking maybe i should try intuitive eating, i just fell off completely- i can’t seem to eat normally or listen to my body as well as i do when tracking?
i feel like crap if i’m honest and i feel like i look the worse i have in ages - i just wanna have my summer bod lol :(
i know i’m well over today so i’m not going to track because i know it’ll make me feel worse
i just want some low cal snacks that’ll keep me full because apparently fullness doesn't currently exist to me :(
intuitive eating is extremely difficult for a lot of people to pick up instantly or easily so don’t beat yourself up!
Our brains have been so conditioned from years and years of dieting that it would require a lot of work with someone trained in that field to get going.

how big is your calorie deficit? Is there a chance you could be eating in too big a deficit and that’s why you’re hungry?

intuitive eating is extremely difficult for a lot of people to pick up instantly or easily so don’t beat yourself up!
Our brains have been so conditioned from years and years of dieting that it would require a lot of work with someone trained in that field to get going.

how big is your calorie deficit? Is there a chance you could be eating in too big a deficit and that’s why you’re hungry?
thank you! my deficit was only between 250-300 prior to trying IE
i think i mainly struggle to find structure and a routine without it if that makes sense?
plus it gives me something to do and i do find i tend to boredom eat more often than not!

Reactions: 1
I couldn’t do intuitive eating. My intuition is to eat a million drumstick squashies!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I feel you, it’s so difficult isn’t it ☹ I went so off piste around my birthday with treats in the house, meals out and not doing any food shopping.. I’m back on it now but I don’t know how to learn that low level willpower I’m still going to need when I get to my target weight!
it’s bizarre for me because when i’m tracking i can be so good like i’ll genuinely see results etc and i’ll think well i’m eating similar foods daily and i reckon i’ll be fine without tracking - because it can feel like an effort sometimes
but as soon as i decide i’m not tracking it’s like the flood gates open

I couldn’t do intuitive eating. My intuition is to eat a million drumstick squashies!!
try 5 slices of toast😂😂
at least my “before” pictures will look (hopefully) worse now😂😂

• Heart
it’s bizarre for me because when i’m tracking i can be so good like i’ll genuinely see results etc and i’ll think well i’m eating similar foods daily and i reckon i’ll be fine without tracking - because it can feel like an effort sometimes
but as soon as i decide i’m not tracking it’s like the flood gates open

try 5 slices of toast😂😂
at least my “before” pictures will look (hopefully) worse now😂😂
Hahaha I just couldn’t do it. I will always, ALWAYS, go for chocolate or squashies or pastry or something. I need to keep myself controlled haha

Hahaha I just couldn’t do it. I will always, ALWAYS, go for chocolate or squashies or pastry or something. I need to keep myself controlled haha
completely get you! CC is the way forward for me! I’ve also noticed awful headaches from my brain being like “right what’s next”
whereas when i’m tracking it’s already in the app and i can just move on

completely get you! CC is the way forward for me! I’ve also noticed awful headaches from my brain being like “right what’s next”
whereas when i’m tracking it’s already in the app and i can just move on
Yup! I even put my lunch in for the next day when I make it. Helps me plan and make sure I know what the ‘big’ things are and then I can eat things around it if that makes sense!

Reactions: 6
Yup! I even put my lunch in for the next day when I make it. Helps me plan and make sure I know what the ‘big’ things are and then I can eat things around it if that makes sense!
same!! it almost gives me a sense of accomplishment??? it sounds odd but there’s something about the act of tracking i enjoy

i also love seeing how much food i can make for as little calories as possible
im very much a visual eater so if it looks like there’s a lot - there’s more of a chance i’ll feel fuller

Reactions: 4
same!! it almost gives me a sense of accomplishment??? it sounds odd but there’s something about the act of tracking i enjoy

i also love seeing how much food i can make for as little calories as possible
im very much a visual eater so if it looks like there’s a lot - there’s more of a chance i’ll feel fuller
Totally!! I love how picking healthier stuff means I can eat more of it 😁

My 2yr old woke me up at 5am and I couldn’t get back to sleep 😩 feel like crap today and am already craving carbs and sugar. I’ve planned my food out for the day already but I know I’ll be raiding the cupboard for less healthy stuff. Sleep is my worst enemy when it comes to being healthy. I know what I should be eating but I just want a whole bag of chocolate hobnobs instead.

Reactions: 5
My 2yr old woke me up at 5am and I couldn’t get back to sleep 😩 feel like crap today and am already craving carbs and sugar. I’ve planned my food out for the day already but I know I’ll be raiding the cupboard for less healthy stuff. Sleep is my worst enemy when it comes to being healthy. I know what I should be eating but I just want a whole bag of chocolate hobnobs instead.
It’s always the way, if I haven’t slept well I want to eat everything. Could you just plan in one thing that might take you maybe 2-300 over calories to get you through the day but might save you from picking at even more calories?

Good luck know what you mean my 3 year old early riser and very demanding day time shes dropped day time naps .
Weathers pants here.
Scales still not budging im pretty sure hormonal so trying not to stress..
Had egg and ham bagal for breakfast.
Going try have better weekend.
Definitely need few early nights.

• Heart
Had my jab yesterday, really pleased that I had no side effects so could carry on as normal. I am hovering around two pounds higher than my previous lowest weight since my birthday binge blowout, if I can get back to that weight in the next few days I’ll be really pleased.

I’m going to be upping my water intake and concentrating on fibre over the next few weeks because I never reach my daily fibre goal. I’d be glad to hear any tips ☺

On another note, has anyone looked back through the previous threads to read their posts? If not I really recommend doing it, to see and appreciate how far we have all come ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Gah, I keep on popping in and out of this thread. Not a lot of progress and too much emotional eating. So posting to be a bit more accountable.
Need to
  • Get better about tracking cals
  • Plan my meals in advance. All my worst food choices occur because I don't know what to eat and go for easy/delivery/carb-heavy.
  • Eat at least 5 serves of veggies a day. On the orders of my dietician. I see her to deal with some cholesterol issues (now resolved, I'm at healthy levels!) and she wants me to up those vegetables. At the moment I probably get three serves at most 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Gembo and @fireflies Thank you both. I’ve decided to give myself a few little treats during the day. Hopefully it will stop me getting to 4pm and eating the whole cupboard. Really need to get out for a walk as well, I’m sure that will help me as well.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.