Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone ever have days where you are just bleeping starving? Literally an empty void today 🤣 my dog woke me up for a tit at 5am and it took me ages to get back to sleep so maybe I’m overtired but I just want bread with bread and a side of bread. I’ll have a cup of tea instead 🤣

Reactions: 13
We're all celebrating weight loss today in my house 🤣 Getting pizza with my sister later 😃

Im down almost 38 pounds, sister 37 pounds, my mum 28 pounds and now at her goal weight and my dad lost 80 pounds in 2019 😊

Wrecked after my walk 😂 Shower, pjs, pizza and netflix 😃
20210414_191249.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I went to the gym today. First time this year. My PT eased me in with an easy ish session and felt so much better afterwards. We had a chat about mfp and he explained how although he looks at calories eaten he focuses more on calories remaining and tries to keep it in +500 by the end of the day. I always aim at eating until it is 0 but I like the idea of have the deficit then I can juggle my food and exercise that way rather than always thinking oh I’ve still got 250 calories remaining and eat them and probably more!

Reactions: 8
Feeling bit fed up today.
No change on scales for days.
Husband saying 6lb weigh loss in 30 days is bit poor he would have expected more. He always goes on extreme diets and hardly exercises.
His day time working diet consists of coffee and fags but then evening he has big meal and snacks loads.
Off to walk the dog again.
Taking kids to park later just feel frustrated.
Went a few hundred calories over yesterday's but half term here still and w kids were playing up.
I'm just trying stay postive mindset.
That if I keep being consistent with calories and exercise it will pay off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Husband saying 6lb weigh loss in 30 days is bit poor he would have expected more. He always goes on extreme diets and hardly exercises.
His day time working diet consists of coffee and fags but then evening he has big meal and snacks loads.
Went a few hundred calories over yesterday's but half term here still and w kids were playing up.
Please don't listen to him! 6lb in 30 days is a great loss! Consistency is so important and it will add up.

Posting this again for anyone who needs it!

Screenshot_20210320_093105.jpg

Reactions: 15
Does anyone have any overnight oats recipes you'd recommend? I made some this morning, they were nice, but baked oats way better and less calories!

I'd love to give them another go though as they'd be perfect for when I'm back at work!

Reactions: 3
I haven't taken part in these threads and usually just a lurker, but 6 pounds in a month is amazing! I'd be chuffed with that! Keep going and don't let negativity fog your mindset 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Does anyone have any overnight oats recipes you'd recommend? I made some this morning, they were nice, but baked oats way better and less calories!

I'd love to give them another go though as they'd be perfect for when I'm back at work!
I have overnight oats everyday, I absolutely love them. I just put 40g oats in a pot with 70ml milk overnight, then in the morning I add greek yogurt and honey and berries, or sometimes tinned peach slices and cinnamon. I have a friend who doesn't use milk and adds yogurt the night before, so really there are so many different ways to make them it's just finding one you like.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Please don't listen to him! 6lb in 30 days is a great loss! Consistency is so important and it will add up.

Posting this again for anyone who needs it!

View attachment 530162
Thanks thats a useful link.
I'm the past I haven't had always good experience with dieting and food so trying form a healthy balance where nothing is banned and its sustainable .
Thats why this time round taken approach i have done based on fact

I don't have the cash for gym or trainer right now.
I don't have childcare for the toddler.
I don't want spend lot money on expensive diet when I think about the money I wasted on slimming world.

Managed 8.5 l steps already today.
Taking kids to park this afternoon.
Aiming to eat no more than 1500 cals and do around 1500 of exercise which is basically all calories Samsung health says I used all day some via walking others existing.

I remember watching biggest loser and some weeks contestant wouldn't lose much.
Guess you can't lose big every week but since week 1 I guess I'm week 5 now its been so slow.
I'm trying say to myself every morning when get upset with scales keep going it will pay off.
Has be a life style change not short term plan that I jump on off and never quite reach target and give up.
If I lose 1lb a week thats 52lb in a year.
Its taken me a year put on 2 stone I guess I have accept may take year all come off.
Just with everything opening up and freinds and family wanting to meet up I want to feel good about myself and look nice.
The weight gain definate reduced my confidence im really unhappy with myself when I look in the mirror.
Samsung health says my bmi is overweight category which makes me more vulnerable to covid or other conditions.
Yet when I tell others I'm unhappy they say I'm not fat even though I'm now a size 16 not very tall and small build.
I guess they trying make me feel better and I'm uk average size some people carry weight different and for me I don't like being size I am.
Heard on radio they may get rid of bmi as upsets people knowing they big.

Kids return school next week so might try add a run next week and couple you tube workouts, reduce carbs and drink more water and see if that helps..
Its hard just focus on me as well as manage 4kids.

• Heart
Thanks thats a useful link.
I'm the past I haven't had always good experience with dieting and food so trying form a healthy balance where nothing is banned and its sustainable .
Thats why this time round taken approach i have done based on fact

I don't have the cash for gym or trainer right now.
I don't have childcare for the toddler.
I don't want spend lot money on expensive diet when I think about the money I wasted on slimming world.

Managed 8.5 l steps already today.
Taking kids to park this afternoon.
Aiming to eat no more than 1500 cals and do around 1500 of exercise which is basically all calories Samsung health says I used all day some via walking others existing.

I remember watching biggest loser and some weeks contestant wouldn't lose much.
Guess you can't lose big every week but since week 1 I guess I'm week 5 now its been so slow.
I'm trying say to myself every morning when get upset with scales keep going it will pay off.
Has be a life style change not short term plan that I jump on off and never quite reach target and give up.
If I lose 1lb a week thats 52lb in a year.
Its taken me a year put on 2 stone I guess I have accept may take year all come off.
Just with everything opening up and freinds and family wanting to meet up I want to feel good about myself and look nice.
The weight gain definate reduced my confidence im really unhappy with myself when I look in the mirror.
Samsung health says my bmi is overweight category which makes me more vulnerable to covid or other conditions.
Yet when I tell others I'm unhappy they say I'm not fat even though I'm now a size 16 not very tall and small build.
I guess they trying make me feel better and I'm uk average size some people carry weight different and for me I don't like being size I am.
Heard on radio they may get rid of bmi as upsets people knowing they big.

Kids return school next week so might try add a run next week and couple you tube workouts, reduce carbs and drink more water and see if that helps..
Its hard just focus on me as well as manage 4kids.
You are doing brilliantly ❤ and that's such a sensible attitude to have. It's so hard when you are busy, have kids etc. I only have 3 and it took me 7 years after my youngest was born to find the motivation. I was tired, I was busy and just didn't have the headspace. You are amazing to do it with 4 kids! You should be really proud of yourself.

I heard the you aren't fat comments a lot and really, it doesn't matter what other people say, it's how you feel about yourself, isn't it. My weight loss has been really slow, never lost more than 1lb a week. Stalled and plateau'd constantly but it does add up. A year later I've lost 42lb. I've still got a bit to lose but it's slowed to a crawl but that's fine. Steady, sustainable and building healthy habits along the way is the key, I reckon.

(oh and you don't need to spend any money! So many youtube videos for exercise, healthy recipes online.)

• Heart

Hey, I make mine in bulk so you could scale down if you wanted. 300g oats, 200g fat free natural yoghurt, 65g chia seeds. 750ml skimmed milk and 2 tsp of vanilla essence - this makes ten servings so does me and the other half 5 breakfasts. I make it in a huge Tupperware and stick that in the fridge, then dish out 1/10th every morning with fresh fruit or frozen fruit/tinned peaches in juice towards the end of the week. It’s such a lifesaver 🙌🏻

• Heart
So I've decided to up my calories, by 200kcal. I ended up getting too hungry and eating everything which is tale as old as time. So let's see what happens. I also used the TDEE calculator someone recommended a thread back and it recommended me upping my protein to 110g a day. Which seems so much, I seem to be averaging about 50g. Like today lunch is linguine with hummus and veg and I'm like ugh I should chuck an egg or something on this but I just thought the hummus would be much higher than it is.

High protein lunch recommendations would be much appreciated, or any websites you'd recommend. Issue is I love carbs haha

Reactions: 6
You are doing brilliantly ❤ and that's such a sensible attitude to have. It's so hard when you are busy, have kids etc. I only have 3 and it took me 7 years after my youngest was born to find the motivation. I was tired, I was busy and just didn't have the headspace. You are amazing to do it with 4 kids! You should be really proud of yourself.

I heard the you aren't fat comments a lot and really, it doesn't matter what other people say, it's how you feel about yourself, isn't it. My weight loss has been really slow, never lost more than 1lb a week. Stalled and plateau'd constantly but it does add up. A year later I've lost 42lb. I've still got a bit to lose but it's slowed to a crawl but that's fine. Steady, sustainable and building healthy habits along the way is the key, I reckon.

(oh and you don't need to spend any money! So many youtube videos for exercise, healthy recipes online.)
You have done amazingly well you should be proud of yourself and inspiration to others.
You are right kids can be all consuming.
My husband works long long hours and no family locally.
My youngest turns 3 next month but doesn't get free nursery hours until September.
The last 3 years been so much change having a baby never lost the baby weight.
Moved house to new area.
Start 2020 new year resolution wasvmake more time for me I had planned pay childcare and youngest start preschool when she was 2 so last may.
Then covid hit and between temporary supermarket job during lockdown 1 keep money coming in working 3 late night shifts, home schooling and getting a puppy any me time quickly went by the way side.
The 1st lockdown dident seem as bad as hubby was furloughed so we went on long walks , I cycled to work.
But November and jan lockdown were bit disaster followed by 2nd stint of home school meant my activity levels November dwindled and amount drinks and snacks increased.
The one big thing that's kept me sane is walking my dog I have a teenager who is responsible and old enough watch the other and extending his dog walk to 45 mind to hour a day 3miles is making me feel lot better hardest thing is leaving the house a dog forced you to do that and dogs bored of round the block or nearest play area.

I do have history of restict/ binge cycles.

Seems when others do fitness and weightless least on social media always involves expensive gym wear, gym membership or fitness tracker.
I see some people online desparte lose loockdow weight they resort to Cambridge plan i hate smoothies and shakes.
I guess hardest thing about slow approach is patience and stayed motivated especially when others around you on different plans losing massive amount of weight

• Heart
You have done amazingly well you should be proud of yourself and inspiration to others.
You are right kids can be all consuming.
My husband works long long hours and no family locally.
My youngest turns 3 next month but doesn't get free nursery hours until September.
The last 3 years been so much change having a baby never lost the baby weight.
Moved house to new area.
Start 2020 new year resolution wasvmake more time for me I had planned pay childcare and youngest start preschool when she was 2 so last may.
Then covid hit and between temporary supermarket job during lockdown 1 keep money coming in working 3 late night shifts, home schooling and getting a puppy any me time quickly went by the way side.
The 1st lockdown dident seem as bad as hubby was furloughed so we went on long walks , I cycled to work.
But November and jan lockdown were bit disaster followed by 2nd stint of home school meant my activity levels November dwindled and amount drinks and snacks increased.
The one big thing that's kept me sane is walking my dog I have a teenager who is responsible and old enough watch the other and extending his dog walk to 45 mind to hour a day 3miles is making me feel lot better hardest thing is leaving the house a dog forced you to do that and dogs bored of round the block or nearest play area.

I do have history of restict/ binge cycles.

Seems when others do fitness and weightless least on social media always involves expensive gym wear, gym membership or fitness tracker.
I see some people online desparte lose loockdow weight they resort to Cambridge plan i hate smoothies and shakes.
I guess hardest thing about slow approach is patience and stayed motivated especially when others around you on different plans losing massive amount of weight
You've had so much going on! Please don't compare yourself to anyone, everyone's journey is different and social media only shows the good bits! Yes staying motivated is the hard bit, but for me it was always what was the alternative? I really didn't want to fall back into my old habits and that's what kept me going on the days I wasn't feeling it!

You don't need to spend money to keep up with the Joneses. I don't have a fitness tracker and buy my gym leggings at asda or ebay! I got a pair of almost new Nike ones for 99p the other week!

Reactions: 4
6lbs in 30 days is AMAZING. i would be over the moon with that, you’re going in the right direction at a great pace!!

back on that calorie counting grind today, if i try and go a day without it (for me i tend to get a little
obsessed) i just find myself at an uncomfortable point and i feel like i have no structure to my days surrounding food. it’s almost like a comfort blanket... aiming for better 1500-1700 so let’s hope
it will keep me on track

back on that calorie counting grind today, if i try and go a day without it (for me i tend to get a little
obsessed) i just find myself at an uncomfortable point and i feel like i have no structure to my days surrounding food. it’s almost like a comfort blanket... aiming for better 1500-1700 so let’s hope
it will keep me on track
also is there anyway we can like follow each other on MFP or anything to keep motivated on there? :)

Last edited:
Just did a 30 min workout using the fitness+ with Apple Watch. Absolutely SWEATING but feeling absolutely bleeping chuffed with myself.
3 years ago I was in the depths of PND and could never, ever have seen myself doing what I am now. The progress is slow, the work is hard. But I am trying. I am getting my life back.
(In other news, I saw that Costa were still doing 50p hot drinks today If you use your app. I got the vanilla coconut latte+ which has lots of vitamins in apparently and it was 156 cals!)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.