Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone can I join in on the weight loss, I had a baby 4 weeks ago and gained nearly 4 stone, weighed myself this morning and I’m 15 stone 10lb which is the heaviest Iv probably been. Going to weigh every Monday morning and need to try and stay motivated, weekends are my downfall 😣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Hi everyone can I join in on the weight loss, I had a baby 4 weeks ago and gained nearly 4 stone, weighed myself this morning and I’m 15 stone 10lb which is the heaviest Iv probably been. Going to weigh every Monday morning and need to try and stay motivated, weekends are my downfall 😣
Of course you can join us, but please don’t be too hard on yourself, you were growing a human and you’re still recovering 🥰 congratulations!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Not been in here in a while, but since end of Jan i've lost over 17 pounds. I'm really happy with it, it's been slow but i've not been strict and it's sticking so don't ever feel like it's not working keep going and it'll pay off!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Take it easy. You just grew and birthed a human!! The coming months are going to be exhausting so don’t push yourself too hard - it’s early days x

Reactions: 4
Take it easy. You just grew and birthed a human!! The coming months are going to be exhausting so don’t push yourself too hard - it’s early days x
Thank you 🙂 I’m going to use the nutracheck app to log my calories in, I had 1600 yesterday so pleased with that, I was probably having double that the last few weeks and during my pregnancy, I really need to reign it in before it gets out of hand 😅

If you’re able to get out for a walk with the pram then that definitely helps. I had a baby in January and I’m 38lbs down. I was about 2 stone overweight when I got pregnant so trying to reach a healthy weight. For some reason I can lose weight quicker after having a baby, but when I’ve tried at other stages in my life it’s come off a lot slower.

Reactions: 6
Thank you 🙂 I’m going to use the nutracheck app to log my calories in, I had 1600 yesterday so pleased with that, I was probably having double that the last few weeks and during my pregnancy, I really need to reign it in before it gets out of hand 😅
I cut out the snacking, I was having about 5 meals a day after I had my Son, no one needs an entire pack of chocolate hobnobs everyday :D I also joined a gym, I couldn't really afford it but stopping the hobnob habit saved a few quid a week

Reactions: 5
Morning guys.
No change on scale feeling fed up so not weighing again until sat.
Its sunny today so have go shopping and walk dog later so should get 10kplus steps in.
Eating within 500 calorie deficit of tdee and 70 days so 10 weeks now calorie counting and tracking on mfp but only lost 8lb as scales still day 12stone 11.

Half term next week so should be able do longer walks.
Also going to try and get into home workouts on you tube .
We week before pay say so eating random stuff.

I cut out the snacking, I was having about 5 meals a day after I had my Son, no one needs an entire pack of chocolate hobnobs everyday :D I also joined a gym, I couldn't really afford it but stopping the hobnob habit saved a few quid a week
I also had an entire packet of chocolate hobnobs daily after having my child. Told myself it was good for milk production 😂

• Haha
Argh! My scales aren't accurate! One week on the Newcastle diet, only weighed myself last Thursday as scales didn't have a battery. Weighed myself today, more than last week! Ffs 😂 moved scales around, different surfaces, yeah all different readings.
Going to buy new scales, maybe the fitbit scales, they're supposed to be accurate. So I tried on a pair of jeans that were very tight last week, definitely looser.
Quite disheartened, trying to remember it's not a race, and it's for Mr D's health.

• Heart
I'm in a mood. I stopped tracking for like a week and a half. Still not going mental, walking lots, exercise etc. Put on just under 3kg. I know people say oh you didn't put it on in a day so it takes time to come off. I literally do put it on so quickly. So back to tracking. Which is going to be tricky as things open back up, going away for the bank holiday etc.

Any tips for cuisines that aren't horrendously calorific but still tasty? I was thinking sushi as then at least it won't be deep fried.

I'm in a mood. I stopped tracking for like a week and a half. Still not going mental, walking lots, exercise etc. Put on just under 3kg. I know people say oh you didn't put it on in a day so it takes time to come off. I literally do put it on so quickly. So back to tracking. Which is going to be tricky as things open back up, going away for the bank holiday etc.

Any tips for cuisines that aren't horrendously calorific but still tasty? I was thinking sushi as then at least it won't be deep fried.
Sushi isn't really filling though, check the satiety index for filling foods.

Sushi isn't really filling though, check the satiety index for filling foods.
Good idea, I'll have a look. The issue is the way restaurants cook I totally get the "you're paying someone else to not tell you how much butter is in the dish".

Reactions: 2

There is no way that can all be real weight. I'm sure most of it is water and you'll see it come off this week. To even gain 1lb of fat you'd have to have eaten 3500 calories OVER your maintenance!

I sympathise with this so much! I had three days off plan this weekend, I am now 5lbs up and it will take me twice that amount of time probably til I’m back down to my lowest weight.. it’s really annoying.

Do you like Indian? What about tandoori chicken and tarka dal? I tried daal recently for the first time and it’s delicious - probably higher calories in a restaurant than my home cooked version but it’s still good stuff!

Reactions: 3
There is no way that can all be real weight. I'm sure most of it is water and you'll see it come off this week. To even gain 1lb of fat you'd have to have eaten 3500 calories OVER your maintenance!
I really really hope so! But I guess 3500 over a week is not that hard to do, it's sneaky haha. Especially as my maintenance isn't super high as I'm short. It's ~1900, but I'll keep trucking haha. So fingers crossed it's only 3 or so lb gain an the rest is just bloating etc. Also if I'm being honest with myself my eating was probably a bit rubbish (I've been reflecting since I posted haha).
I sympathise with this so much! I had three days off plan this weekend, I am now 5lbs up and it will take me twice that amount of time probably til I’m back down to my lowest weight.. it’s really annoying.

Do you like Indian? What about tandoori chicken and tarka dal? I tried daal recently for the first time and it’s delicious - probably higher calories in a restaurant than my home cooked version but it’s still good stuff!
That's a really good idea about tandoori chicken, less creamy sauces are always a good idea for me as they are my weakness! Thank you!

Steak and potatoes and salad is filling, tasty and not crazy calories.
I'd avoid Italian cuisine if possible as lots of pasta and creamy sauces and cheese (which is why I love Italian food so much 😂)
Chicken shashlik with plain rice and roasted veg is my go to Indian choice.
I think beef in blackbean sauce isn't too crazy calories

I feel you. I only need to LOOK at a cake and my weight goes up. It is SO frustrating.

Back on it today after a ropey weekend of not being able to track. Life is to be lived though so I can’t be too angry at myself. I’m getting a new oven this week (last one packed up) so I’m having to cook all dinners on the hob !!

• Heart
Back on it! Calorie counted, drank 2.5 litres of water and just been to an Aquafit class — love that it doesn’t actually feel like a workout but you can feel it once you’re out the water 😂

I can be good all week because I can organise my day around my work schedule but everything always goes to tit on the weekend and I end up not being healthy and stuffing my face with crap! Does anyone have any tips for not letting it all go tits up over the weekend?

My PT has said to aim at being good 80% of the time. He says he’s good in the week but gives himself time off at the weekend and to be honest last time I actually successfully lost weight on SW about 5 years ago I was so good mon- Thursday and totally crap at weekends but seemed to work.
I’m currently going tits up on a daily basis. Just fighting myself constantly and then binging so to me you are doing brilliantly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.