Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the mindset of ‘easing off’ once you’re at target isn’t just a case of suddenly eating loads more (1000s of calories extra as you suggest) - if you reach target weight then you should recalculate your TDEE accordingly to find maintenance calories and then reverse diet (gradually increasing calories) until you reach your maintenance allowance & you can easily find snacks that fit into any calorie allowance. Eating at maintenance doesn’t mean a sudden free for all.

I think it’s important to reiterate what another poster said earlier and that’s that everyone is different and what works for you may not work for others so telling someone they don’t actually need snacks as they’re detrimental to weight loss, therefore drop the snacks is not really fair or great advice to be giving. That’s all my point is really, what anecdotally works for you isn’t going to work for everyone (or anyone) else. :)
Say it louder for people at the back!!
Yes to everything you have said! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I made it to the gym today, after several years hiatus! I was a bit nervous about going as I hadn't been there before, but there was loads of space and appropriately distanced and cleaned regularly. I'm going to be so sore tomorrow 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Another 4lbs off for me this week. Had a few people comment how well I’m looking, now I just need to believe it myself.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
NSV: Had a birthday party with my family yesterday, liked all the photos which were taken of me 😆 hasn’t happened in years!!

The scales were not too kind this morning though. Ahh well, you’re only 30 once!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
NSV: Had a birthday party with my family yesterday, liked all the photos which were taken of me 😆 hasn’t happened in years!!

The scales were not too kind this morning though. Ahh well, you’re only 30 once!!
Happy Birthday 🥳🎉xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Happy Birthday 🥳

• Heart
I love when the fridge is stocked with nutritious food ready for the week ahead
Been not on focus the last two weeks as I’m been super busy with work and eating convenient but back to it now

Reactions: 6

Happy birthday!

• Heart
000290B1-E81A-47AC-95DD-0D0E7BE27509.png

It’s raining and going out for a walk meant taking 3 kids with me so walked around the house instead 😅 only stopped cos the baby woke up.

Happy birthday 🥳

• Heart
I risked trying on a dress I bought two summers ago where I was daft enough to assume that the material would have some give in it - not only did the main fabric not have much, the lining had absolutely none whatsoever. The upshot was that I realised halfway through that I couldn't get out of it once it was securely jammed across my chest, throat and face - which, as I'm claustrophobic, was the most terrifying thing in the world, as I was alone in the house at that point. I stuck it in the wardrobe once I escaped and it's been there ever since, throughout lockdown weight gain and everything else.

I got Mr D to be there just in case. It felt like a completely new dress - it's not quite perfect yet, I think another 7lbs/about an inch down will mean it sits just right on my waist - but the top, the bit that even thinking about it gave me panic attacks, well, it's actually a little on the loose side.

So I'm now a size 16 top and just-over-an-18 bottom (well, lower stomach). Not bad from a 24 cutting into my belly, even if there was a huge gap at the small of my back.

I then tried on a very expensive/fancy work blazer I'd had for years and whilst it didn't close over the belly, it fitted my arms, shoulders and back and sat straight, rather than being pulled sideways/out of shape. That is labelled 14.

I might be OK to get a set of scales. Still vaguely worried about the numbers setting me off, but I don't really see any difference in me, despite the dress proving that there obviously is. Think I might stick to cheap ones, though. I think I'd like to be able to happily get rid of it without breaking my heart over the cost if I feel myself going over to the other side again.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I risked trying on a dress I bought two summers ago where I was daft enough to assume that the material would have some give in it - not only did the main fabric not have much, the lining had absolutely none whatsoever. The upshot was that I realised halfway through that I couldn't get out of it once it was securely jammed across my chest, throat and face - which, as I'm claustrophobic, was the most terrifying thing in the world, as I was alone in the house at that point. I stuck it in the wardrobe once I escaped and it's been there ever since, throughout lockdown weight gain and everything else.

I got Mr D to be there just in case. It felt like a completely new dress - it's not quite perfect yet, I think another 7lbs/about an inch down will mean it sits just right on my waist - but the top, the bit that even thinking about it gave me panic attacks, well, it's actually a little on the loose side.

So I'm now a size 16 top and just-over-an-18 bottom (well, lower stomach). Not bad from a 24 cutting into my belly, even if there was a huge gap at the small of my back.

I then tried on a very expensive/fancy work blazer I'd had for years and whilst it didn't close over the belly, it fitted my arms, shoulders and back and sat straight, rather than being pulled sideways/out of shape. That is labelled 14.

I might be OK to get a set of scales. Still vaguely worried about the numbers setting me off, but I don't really see any difference in me, despite the dress proving that there obviously is. Think I might stick to cheap ones, though. I think I'd like to be able to happily get rid of it without breaking my heart over the cost if I feel myself going over to the other side again.
That’s a great victory!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That’s such an uplifting victory. I love putting on trousers that are too tight that then actually fit or are loose. Such a confidence boost. It’s the reason I won’t chuck my clothes that are too small. They are my goal.
Well done!

• Heart
Hello everyone, I am new to this thread (kind of to Tattle as well).
I gained 6 kg last year and I am 10kg more than a few years ago. (I am currently around 58) and I was surprised how much it affected me because technically I am still very much a healthy BMI and I hated it.
I went on a healthier diet since January, running and cycling 6-7 days a week and lost 4kg but since I have slimmed down I have stopped a bit my efforts. Want to get back to it.
Right now my tights don't touch as much which is a true victory for me.
Thanks!

I had a wee NSV, tried on a size 12 dress I haven't worn in years as I took it out the cupboard to get rid of it because I thought it didn't fit, it did! And it looked quite nice. I think I need a wee slip on under it to smooth me out but pretty good.

I went to a big city at the weekend and I ate and drank and it was so good. I didn't actually go too mental because we were so busy I didn't have time to snack. Also doing about 22k steps shopping is always good!

Also we sat outside a restaurant so we could have a cocktail (Scotland) and omg the service was so poor but it did mean we only shared three little tapas dishes between two of us as it was so hard to get any service 😂 fun watching all the chaos of people who hadn't booked trying to steal tables.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hey all, I’m new to this thread! 👋 I’m a healthy weight but not as toned as I would like to be, so there is room for improvement. I wanted to ask if any of you guys have tried cutting out dairy products for quicker weight loss? I’m obsessed with cheese and yogurt but I thought it might be stopping my progress. I eat quite healthily apart from that - no sugar, grains, potatoes or pasta. Do you think I should try quitting dairy?

Do you do much exercise? Weightlifting (doesn't need to be heavy weights) would probably be your best bet if you want to tone up rather than lose much weight.
I jog every day for about an hour and do some ab and chest exercises, but I’m an hourglass meaning I store my extra weight in my boobs, hips and tummy. 🙄 I want to work on this areas but it’s haaard.

Last edited:
Hey all, I’m new to this thread! 👋 I’m a healthy weight but not as toned as I would like to be, so there is room for improvement. I wanted to ask if any of you guys have tried cutting out dairy products for quicker weight loss? I’m obsessed with cheese and yogurt but I thought it might be stopping my progress. I eat quite healthily apart from that - no sugar, grains, potatoes or pasta. Do you think I should try quitting dairy?

I jog every day for about an hour and do some ab and chest exercises, but I’m an hourglass meaning I store my extra weight in my boobs, hips and tummy. 🙄 I want to work on this areas but it’s haaard.
Weight loss all comes down to one factor and that’s calories in versus calories out. The only way cutting out dairy would help you lose weight would only be down to cutting calories - it doesn’t matter where those calories come from. Some dairy products are very low in calories and high in nutrients

May I ask why you don’t eat any grains or pasta or potatoes? A healthy diet is a balanced diet that involves all food groups. You can lose weight eating anything and I would never recommend cutting any food groups out at all.

Editing to add, the only way to become ‘toned’ is to lose body fat until your muscles are more visible. If you are already at a healthy weight like you say then you may need to build more muscle to feel more ‘toned’. The best way to do this is to eat at maintenance calories or just below and weight train often to increase your lean body mass.

What is NSV ?
I keep seeing it on here
Non-scale victory

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.