Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bless you, don’t be so hard on yourself if you can. Enjoy the fact you’ve had a good time, that’s prob done a ton of good for your mental health. A few days of over-indulging won’t undo all the good work you’ve put in over the course of months.

I know what you mean about not liking pics of yourself. I’m a bit like that, always over-analysing and picking at my own appearance. Recently I was going through some old photos and genuinely got the ‘I’m not sure why I was so unhappy with how I looked then’. Anyway, not a fan of my own photos so not much of advice there.
I try not to be in photos if I can. And people have commented before that I really don’t look like I do in pictures. It’s like the camera goes on to me and suddenly I’m enormous when I swear I didn’t look like that in the mirror! I also do the old picture thing. I looked so good and I thought I didn’t. I haven’t learned from it now because my brain says ‘yeah but you’re worse now’ Hahaha.
I have had a wonderful week, so I am trying to focus on that. I told myself I’d be more of a fun mum instead of getting dragged down with everything so I’ve really tried to be that this week and I feel like I’ve succeeded.

Reactions: 3
I’m so slipping this week, scared to step on the scales I’ve really lost control of my eating at the moment, having a really crap week and just want to comfort eat. Having takeaway tonight 😬 try again tomorrow ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Been very lucky and only put half a kilo on since my last weigh day two weeks ago - feels like a close shave so not going to put myself through that again. Went for a short but sweaty run this morning too so gonna take June seriously 💪🏻 We’ve got this pals!

Reactions: 6
Does anyone else have the FitTrack pro scales? I’ve always found they give me a higher reading than my other scales. This morning I’m the lightest I’ve ever been on the FitTrack ones and 3 lbs lower than my other scales? I just don’t know which are accurate 😂

Reactions: 1
3lbs down in two weeks 💪 I'm aiming for 1.5 a week so this is bang on! But I'm having a few drinks tonight so I'll need to behave myself over the weekend :D

• Heart
Reactions: 10
NSV (at least I’m taking it that way) - ordered a denim jacket in a 16 from new look and it’s waaaaaaay too big! In the same order I also had a 14 dress that fit perfectly and a 14 jumpsuit that was way too tight 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Weigh in today and stayed the same which I’m pleased about as just ate what I wanted over half term. When it’s hot I tend to go towards fruit and salad more.
I went shopping to asda today and got some blue stripped shorts. I generally hate shorts but these have elasticated wait and don’t make me look like a hippo and aren’t frumpy so pleased.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Been good on cals and steps last 2 days.
Flipping scales still saying 12 stone 12 god knows how I managed gain 2-3lb..
I will stick at it this weekend. And hopefully scales shifts again.
Thinking baked potato salad tonight after cricket and maybe glass of wine.

Reactions: 7
The body when it comes to weightloss has a mind of its own. I'm not looking to lose weight I like to keep track of my weight try and not gain too much.

This morning I was .6 of a lb and then I was rushing around doing jobs around the house cleaning tidying in this heat, went to town getting some shopping and rushing about getting things done and so would have done quite a few steps. Then when I came home went for a casual walk not for exercise reasons just a nice stroll. Plenty of keeping myself active and on my feet and in between that I did eat some food. All within calories.
I'm not trying to lose weight I just like to keep within my recommended calories and if I lose a bit of weight that's great.

I know my own body very well. Even if I eat some food I often will weigh less. Even with all that movement and eating little calories I hopped on the scales and my weight had gone from the .6 of a lb up into the next lb and added on a .4 of a lb.
Unbelievable after all that moving around during the day my weight had gone up today.

For my evening meal tonight I just had my favourite salad caz I didn't feel like anything too massive cause of the heat.
I'm still 50cals under my daily calorie limit.
Junped on the scales just curious.
My weight had gone up by a lb and a half.

The body just rationally doesn't make sense.
I know that's why people say don't trust the number on the scales.
I know my own body well and if I lose even a quarter of a lb I feel very light and I feel like that right now. So I know I've not gained nothing. The scales says I have even though I've been moving lots today.

Reactions: 2
The body when it comes to weightloss has a mind of its own. I'm not looking to lose weight I like to keep track of my weight try and not gain too much.

This morning I was .6 of a lb and then I was rushing around doing jobs around the house cleaning tidying in this heat, went to town getting some shopping and rushing about getting things done and so would have done quite a few steps. Then when I came home went for a casual walk not for exercise reasons just a nice stroll. Plenty of keeping myself active and on my feet and in between that I did eat some food. All within calories.
I'm not trying to lose weight I just like to keep within my recommended calories and if I lose a bit of weight that's great.

I know my own body very well. Even if I eat some food I often will weigh less. Even with all that movement and eating little calories I hopped on the scales and my weight had gone from the .6 of a lb up into the next lb and added on a .4 of a lb.
Unbelievable after all that moving around during the day my weight had gone up today.

For my evening meal tonight I just had my favourite salad caz I didn't feel like anything too massive cause of the heat.
I'm still 50cals under my daily calorie limit.
Junped on the scales just curious.
My weight had gone up by a lb and a half.

The body just rationally doesn't make sense.
I know that's why people say don't trust the number on the scales.
I know my own body well and if I lose even a quarter of a lb I feel very light and I feel like that right now. So I know I've not gained nothing. The scales says I have even though I've been moving lots today.
I think the scale is fine, as a data point for what's going on at that exact moment, but it's only a snapshot and there are so many other ways to measure progress (measurements, how your clothes fit, feeling stronger etc etc).

Our weight will fluctuate daily for so many reasons, if you've had a big meal, hormones, if you are dehydrated, a million other reasons. If you drink a glass of water chances are you'll be heavier after that. I retain water really badly and I know that affects the scale. Honestly, don't sweat the small fluctuations as they are just a snapshot in time.

Reactions: 5
Anyone on WW here?
I'm not, but a good friend is and she loves it, especially the app. Says it's more motivating for her to deal in points than calories, which is fair enough!

Week 23: -1 lbs
Total: 3 stone 10 lb

Broke my 2 lb/week streak!! :p I know why (had a much-needed maintenance day in there) and I'm fine with it. When they announced the June 21st restrictions removal, I did the math and wondered if I could hit 4 stone by then. I still think I can do it! 4 lbs in two weeks, let's go!! ⚡

Reactions: 8
Well ended up walking 14 k steps yesterday.
Todays scale says 12 11 yay however I spent last 4 weeks wasting my time moving from 12 12 to 12 11 then 12 10 then 1 day only 12 9 then back up to 12 12.
Feeling like 1 step forward 2 steps back.this week half term week definatly done more calories to compensate for extra cals but apart from 1 day haven't gone over cals.

Reactions: 4
2lbs up 🙈 don’t think that’s too bad considering I’ve eaten out twice, had a takeaway and done no exercise plus have been snacking more. Had a really sad week and needed comfort food but feel ready to carry on now and hoping that 2lbs will drop off fairly quickly. It’s a bit of a shame as I could have been in the 9’s by now but as I’m unlikely to be lounging by a pool in a bikini this year I figure it’s not the end of the world.

Reactions: 7
So yesterday I said on here my weight had gone up by a lb and a half. Wake up today and its gone up another half lb. So overnight magically my weight has gone up 2lbs.
Yesterday I was 9lbs today I'm 11lbs. Even though I was under my calories and moved around a lot. Its annoying.
And its nearly 3lbs too cause my weight is on a .8 so you could round up to 12. So within a day I've gained nearly 3lbs.

I'm not dehydrated, I'm not bloated, I haven't overate. Not my time of the month or anywhere near it. I've been eating good.

When I woke up this morning I just hopped on the scales cause I just wanted to see before I went the toilet, weighed 11bs.
Anyway went to the toilet, had a you know and washed freshened myself up.
Got back on the scales and it still said 11lbs even after going to the toilet.

I know that number is completely fake. My body the way it works is. It really thinks that number on the scales is real. So I will have to work to get that number down even though its not real. Cause for some weeks my weight has been climbing and climbing. Just over a week ago I managed to get it to 8lbs but only lasted half a week. About a month ago my weight was like 5lbs and now I'm 11lbs.
I'm nearly into the next stone.
I'll probably wake up tomorrow and have gained another lb. Its impossible. I know this.

I'm 31 and being a bit older now I think my age has something to do with it.
It does not matter what I eat it keeps climbing.
I have no thyroid problems perfectly healthy and everything is normal.
I don't overeat. I eat within my calories.
Bloody frustrating 😤

I'll go and eat a salad now and gain another lb. Its so annoying.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Hit my lowest weight so far this morning 🥳 but only 0.2lb less than last week, lol. I don’t think my body wants to go any lower tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Interesting how everyone seems to be slowing down 🤔 it’s so tricky isn’t it. I went out for dinner yesterday but didn’t want to get off track so did an experiment based on this fitness guy my other half watches on YouTube who does loads of eating challenges. Did a ridiculous amount of exercise beforehand, drank lots of water and ate only a small amount during the day.. I got nearly 200 active minutes on Fitbit which is insane and burned over 1000 cals in exercise.. I am still not below my previous lowest weight 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m hoping picking up the couch to 5k will shake things up a bit.

On that note, I downloaded the app so I could listen to my own music (used the podcast before) and I don’t know whether it was the motivation of my playlist, or a skinny iced coffee before.. but I flew round and had such a high when I finished it! Felt amazing 🤩 so I’m not actually that bothered about the number on the scales for once, because I feel like I’m getting fitter which has to be a good thing!

Reactions: 6
Week 22: -1.25lb. Scales were a bit stubborn this morning but i’m pleased with the loss as I ate a lot last saturday and had a takeaway on monday. Officially achieved my initial target of 35lb in 35 weeks with 13 weeks to spare. Hoping to lose another stone in those 13 weeks just in time for my holiday 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.