Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ewdavid

Wotsits that you could cook in the oven! I was a fussy eater when I was 3/4ish and mum got me these from Iceland. They were massive! Was so disappointed when they brought them back and they were tiny. 😩

I’ve never heard of these! Wotsits got my through my morning sickness and I still crave them a lot. These sound absolutely f-ing amazing 😂

Lilbear1

You can get a&w online but also in american candy shops (afew here in uk and about £1.79 for 1 can)!!!!!x

Mustard

VIP Member
I made the mistake of trying some Senior Service cigarettes a long time ago. So foul. Do they still exist?

wotdidijustwatch

VIP Member
Omg mk1 I hadn’t thought about this in years! Remember at one point there was a big scandal as they were selling thongs when their customers were all quite young ?
Didn't know about the scandal but I know there were clothes that my mum refused to buy me as they were too short or showed my chest too much.
I always thought MK One became Internationale and then that became Select.

Gossgirl

There was a shop called Whatever You Want or what everybody wants... Something like that.
I’m sure it was originally called what every woman wants then it changed to everyone.
Yeh there was a song that actually played over the tannoy in the shop 😂

EiiiEiiiO

Now and Laters!
Jesus they’d break your teeth but always bought them for 10¢ when I was a kid!
Also the vending chocolate milk cartons at elementary school.

Meringue22

VIP Member
Haha I’m actually fine about the age I just don’t know how it came around so quick!! I feel like all this stuff we’re talking about was only a couple of years ago, not twenty!
Yeah I know what you mean. I was 18 only a few years ago 😂

I also loved that programme where kids got to redesign two or three rooms in the house - parents would go away and come back and their kitchen would be like a 50s diner, a slice would replace the stairs and the bathroom would be like a rainforest etc etc. Used to realllllly want to go on that show!
My daughters loved that show... they wanted a slide to go from their bedroom through the ceiling into the living room 😂😂😂 There 24

Horatio

VIP Member
I remember the photographs too. I wasn’t allowed but others in my primary school had them. I think they were dressed for various ‘themes.’ I say this as the only one I even vaguely remember was Baywatch themed I think...? I’ve never seen that merchandise since either , but has there been a pop band quite so big since ? They were a phenomenon, second only to the Beatles in all of music history. No one would buy girls aloud photographs. Also I think they were supposed to be a ‘girly’ equivalent to those football stickers that were huge for collecting and swapping at the time.