Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pop Idol and the shock (as an 11 yr old girl in love with him) that Will Young was gay.
PopStars The Rivals and that super sweet fizzy can drink that advertised it... I can’t remember the name but always wanted them!
Everyone being scared of the Millennium Bug / Y2K
Those Apple computer monitors that had different colour acrylic backs that you could see all the wires through.
how expensive “flat screen TVs” were when they first came out
White noise on the tv when you lost reception
The excitement of a cordless landline but you had to pull an aerial up to use it
Answer phone machines - recording your greeting on the little cassette inside
Playing POLO / bulldog / 40:40 He
French skipping
Feeling dead hard when you got a cherry brandy / cider lolly from the ice cream van
Betty Spaghetti dolls
Spirograph
Never getting a Mr Frosty
“Get Set” craft kits.... make your own mosaic picture, chocolate making, candle making, make your own Egyptian statue... basically anything that would fill my Mum with dread at the mess that was about to be created
Argos, Freeman’s and Next catalogues (circling everything in the Argos one in the lead up to Christmas)
The excitement of playing on the motorised cars in ToysRUs
Toys R Us! There’s millions of Jeffries all under one roof....
The Worst Witch

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Are Fruit Winders still a thing?
I also used to watch a show on CBBC called “The Stables” which basically just filmed a group of kids who used to ride horses. I used to be so jealous of them😂

Reactions: 3
Pop Idol and the shock (as an 11 yr old girl in love with him) that Will Young was gay.
PopStars The Rivals and that super sweet fizzy can drink that advertised it... I can’t remember the name but always wanted them!
Everyone being scared of the Millennium Bug / Y2K
Those Apple computer monitors that had different colour acrylic backs that you could see all the wires through.
how expensive “flat screen TVs” were when they first came out
White noise on the tv when you lost reception
The excitement of a cordless landline but you had to pull an aerial up to use it
Answer phone machines - recording your greeting on the little cassette inside
Playing POLO / bulldog / 40:40 He
French skipping
Feeling dead hard when you got a cherry brandy / cider lolly from the ice cream van
Betty Spaghetti dolls
Spirograph
Never getting a Mr Frosty
“Get Set” craft kits.... make your own mosaic picture, chocolate making, candle making, make your own Egyptian statue... basically anything that would fill my Mum with dread at the mess that was about to be created
Argos, Freeman’s and Next catalogues (circling everything in the Argos one in the lead up to Christmas)
The excitement of playing on the motorised cars in ToysRUs
Toys R Us! There’s millions of Jeffries all under one roof....
The Worst Witch
OMG this list is my childhood 😂 we must be a similar age. The worst witch!!! Loved it

Reactions: 6
Oh. I’ve passed that. And the next one 😂
Haha I’m actually fine about the age I just don’t know how it came around so quick!! I feel like all this stuff we’re talking about was only a couple of years ago, not twenty!

Al

Home farm twins on CBBC

The candle Christmas decorations that everyone had up their windows

The Millennium dome

Beehive bedlam on sky
I remember visiting the millennium dome when I was a kid and i remember it being so fascinating, sometimes I feel I made it up haha

Reactions: 4
Dream chocolate bars
Are Fruit Winders still a thing?
I also used to watch a show on CBBC called “The Stables” which basically just filmed a group of kids who used to ride horses. I used to be so jealous of them😂
Fruit winders are still a thing

Reactions: 2
The demon headmaster... Biker Grove... Grange Hill... Live & Kicking... Top of the pops! Turkey twizzlers... panda pops... fizzy jerks... cats cradle... pogs... pop out pencil cases... Pokemon cards... my little pony.. polly pocket... the care bears

Reactions: 11
-Green Ketchup
-Crazy Braid hair braider
-Stick on Earrings
-Funky friends stationary
-Betty Spaghetti
-Mona the vampire
-The Mysti Show
-When you were in a bad mood so changed your MSN name to a dot & changed your pic to a blank square (or was that just me 😂)
-Choosing which song to delete off your phone so there’s room for your mate to Bluetooth one to you
-Those plastic Pringle shaped pots you could get about 6 Pringles in
-Lugging my portable CD player about
-Microsoft Paint
-Girl talk magazine
-The dial up tone the massive brick computer made when it was connecting to the internet

Oh, and also these badboys

Attachments

Reactions: 11
Haha I’m actually fine about the age I just don’t know how it came around so quick!! I feel like all this stuff we’re talking about was only a couple of years ago, not twenty!
Yeah I know what you mean. I was 18 only a few years ago 😂

Does anyone remember that programme Big Kids on cbbc when it the parents said anything ending in ing they would turn into kids?!

Also the ghost hunter I used to fancy the normal boy AND the ghost shoe shine boy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I also loved that programme where kids got to redesign two or three rooms in the house - parents would go away and come back and their kitchen would be like a 50s diner, a slice would replace the stairs and the bathroom would be like a rainforest etc etc. Used to realllllly want to go on that show!

Reactions: 9
-Green Ketchup
-Crazy Braid hair braider
-Stick on Earrings
-Funky friends stationary
-Betty Spaghetti
-Mona the vampire
-The Mysti Show
-When you were in a bad mood so changed your MSN name to a dot & changed your pic to a blank square (or was that just me 😂)
-Choosing which song to delete off your phone so there’s room for your mate to Bluetooth one to you
-Those plastic Pringle shaped pots you could get about 6 Pringles in
-Lugging my portable CD player about
-Microsoft Paint
-Girl talk magazine
-The dial up tone the massive brick computer made when it was connecting to the internet

Oh, and also these badboys
I miss echo bars!

Reactions: 4
Those BN biscuit things. Always had the advert stuck in my head. “BN BN do dooo do do do.” 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.