Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone mentioned this in another thread and I realised I haven’t seen one in an cafe menu in ages - coke (or lemonade) floats, anyone remember these? A fizzy drink with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in. Craving one now!

Reactions: 5
Someone mentioned this in another thread and I realised I haven’t seen one in an cafe menu in ages - coke (or lemonade) floats, anyone remember these? A fizzy drink with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in. Craving one now!
My favourite!! I'm sure Big Easy do Coke and Root Beer floats and a few other burger places in London.

Years ago I'm sure Wimpy used to do them as well, could be wrong though

Reactions: 2
I love them! If you’re up North at all, there’s a cafe in Southport that does them. YUMMY

I’ve just noticed the girls at work (mostly under 30) don’t buy nail polish! Apparently ‘nobody does’ according to them and they only ever get their nails done in salons. Is it really so outdated to paint your own nails? You don’t see packs of false nails nowadays either thank god

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
My favourite!! I'm sure Big Easy do Coke and Root Beer floats and a few other burger places in London.

Years ago I'm sure Wimpy used to do them as well, could be wrong though
Ooh I didn’t know this! I actually saw a wimpy the other day somewhere in the depths of se London, didn’t k ow they still existed!

Ooh I didn’t know this! I actually saw a wimpy the other day somewhere in the depths of se London, didn’t k ow they still existed!
Yes Wimpy is still around. Haven't had it for ages but loved it when I was younger.
I love them! If you’re up North at all, there’s a cafe in Southport that does them. YUMMY

I’ve just noticed the girls at work (mostly under 30) don’t buy nail polish! Apparently ‘nobody does’ according to them and they only ever get their nails done in salons. Is it really so outdated to paint your own nails? You don’t see packs of false nails nowadays either thank god
I always get my nails done in a salon. I've bought so many false nails during lockdown though as I hate not having long nails.

Yes, they used to have them at Wimpy! Wimpy is another one, but they're making a come back! I found one when I went to Southend and I gotta say, the food was delicious, and they put the calories on the menu (I know some people hate that but I find it quite helpful). I hope a Wimpy reopens nearer to me.

Oh I thought of another one. Remember years ago there was this craze for the chewing gum that came in strips. It looked like plastic and melted in your mouth? Bloody vile it was :ROFLMAO:

Yes, they used to have them at Wimpy! Wimpy is another one, but they're making a come back! I found one when I went to Southend and I gotta say, the food was delicious, and they put the calories on the menu (I know some people hate that but I find it quite helpful). I hope a Wimpy reopens nearer to me.
I’ve never been! Might go now, I’m intrigued lol

I grew up having those. I have some no added sugar lemonade and some Diet Pepsi as well as vanilla ice cream. Favourite ones growing up were root beer and proper ginger ale floats, separately not together . I think ginger beer would be a good substitute.

Reactions: 1
Normal length tops.

It is very frustrating to find tops that I like and then discovering it has a crop! It seems they are all made like this now, even a boxy Tshirt will have a crop to it, even if only slightly.

Reactions: 8
Normal length tops.

It is very frustrating to find tops that I like and then discovering it has a crop! It seems they are all made like this now, even a boxy Tshirt will have a crop to it, even if only slightly.
Or a nice dress or top but there's an awful cut out at the back :mad:

Reactions: 3
I made the mistake of trying some Senior Service cigarettes a long time ago. So foul. Do they still exist?

Or a nice dress or top but there's an awful cut out at the back :mad:
This is why I just stick to loungewear and oversized tees these days, I find clothes these days seem to ALL be geared towards having a tummy like a washboard and anything that isn't, is really frumpy or tends to be aimed towards much older women. After 4 large babies my tummy really isnt meant for show!

Ah my nan used to smoke Senior Service. No filter. They were hardcore.
They were so disgusting. Could not get the taste out of my mouth and felt nauseous. British cigarettes were an eye opener for me. I do not smoke any more.

I don't smoke& never have but as a child I used to take a note to the local shop for my mum . It was usually for 10 park drive or 10 john player or 10 b&h. It was completely acceptable back then, (70s 80s). I've been shopping for my mum during lockdown and I never let my kids see me buying cigarettes even though they aren't for me .

All those teen mags like Sugar, Bliss and Just 17 seem to have suddenly disappeared! As a 90s teen, we were obsessed with them and lovingly curated them, re-reading the problem pages and admiring the hunks from all the boybands and soaps. Did the internet sadly take over?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.