Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I could literally go on for days on this thread 🙈😂

But do they still do gel pens that smell? I bloody loved the cola one 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I could literally go on for days on this thread 🙈😂

But do they still do gel pens that smell? I bloody loved the cola one 😍
Loved smelly gel pens! The popcorn one :love:

Wish they still had toys in cereal boxes too for me for the kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes! I used to love Bay and kookai!
Kookai could be quite pricey. I remember in the 90s going to one in London and not buying (probably in favour of Bay...loved that shop) then going to a Kookai in Paris or Amsterdam and all the same season stuff being a fraction of the price so I snapped it up.

Reactions: 2
Woolworths!!!! I still have , and my daughter who is 24 loves we 've still got her Groovy Chick Woolies kids duvet set!! I still have good old Woolies cds nursery rhymes, Julia Donaldson stories on cd... Simple maths CD s.... after a story she she she go to sleep to a cd. I teach in primary.... Not a single CD player or laptop with disk drive at my school so I cant copy them onto school server or memory stick .Technology great but even my daughter at 24 says her generation is the last to remember flip phones, dvds. She has a wall of dvds in the lounge... Xmas and bdays was write me a list dvds I can buy you. we 've had a few interesting chats about world and tech changes in her life. She remembers me doing my primary teaching cert when she was in primary and the dial up tone!!! She remembers being a teen before Facebook or internet on phones!! Really interesting chats we 've had... And how diff for her kids it will be!!!!!

Reactions: 9
I've got time now to write some down,
Perms....i remember getting my first perm at 7(yes 7) I rocked that until i was about 12. I still have lots of pics of me trying to channel Baby from Dirty Dancing. I was obsessed with that film and would watch it every day and then listen to the soundtrack on vinyl.
I had one white shellsuit with purple splotches on, I actually ended up in the Haven holiday brochure in that, claim to fame :D
Arbor Mist wine....it was this gorgeous slightly sparkling fruity wine that you just cant get now. I used to feel so classy drinking that. I also liked Babycham a lot.
All the different flavours of Hubba Bubba, the tropical one ws my fave, our chewing gum selection is rubbish. I always stock up when i got to America I also liked that chewing gum in a tube you'd squeeze out.
My mum letting me stay up late to watch Midnight Caller and The Hitman and Her. I had such a crush on Gary Cole. Remeber American Gothic? Channel 4 didnt air it in order so it made no sense, it was a good show though, i have it on dvd.
Going back to my perm(yes I was obsessed and still think about getting another one) L'Oreal Pumping Curls was THE spray to use on curly/permed hair. I can still remember the smell :(
Sat morning TV was the best, Going Live!! Muppet Babies, The Raccoons, Dog Tanian!! Anyone remember Parallel 9?
My sister and I would listen to Dr Fox do the chart countdown every sunday and masterfully stop and start the record when our favourite songs came on. I have a vhs tape of TOTP from 94.....i actually bought a vhs player recently so I can watch it along with a few other videos i have.
Fashion wise Eclipse jeans were the thing at our school, we used to go into Princes Quay in Hull on the top deck and get them from this amazing jean shop.
LouLou Blue perfume( you can still get it) Exclamation and So!!
Anyone remember Looks magazine? It was good. Cosmo was great in the 90s too, really quite raunchy and cool.
Gino Ginelli ice cream.

And ive just rememberd Man O Man with Chris Tarrant :D Can you remeber that show he had were he showed rude adverts from around the world?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I've got time now to write some down,
Perms....i remember getting my first perm at 7(yes 7) I rocked that until i was about 12. I still have lots of pics of me trying to channel Baby from Dirty Dancing. I was obsessed with that film and would watch it every day and then listen to the soundtrack on vinyl.
I had one white shellsuit with purple splotches on, I actually ended up in the Haven holiday brochure in that, claim to fame :D
Arbor Mist wine....it was this gorgeous slightly sparkling fruity wine that you just cant get now. I used to feel so classy drinking that. I also liked Babycham a lot.
All the different flavours of Hubba Bubba, the tropical one ws my fave, our chewing gum selection is rubbish. I always stock up when i got to America I also liked that chewing gum in a tube you'd squeeze out.
My mum letting me stay up late to watch Midnight Caller and The Hitman and Her. I had such a crush on Gary Cole. Remeber American Gothic? Channel 4 didnt air it in order so it made no sense, it was a good show though, i have it on dvd.
Going back to my perm(yes I was obsessed and still think about getting another one) L'Oreal Pumping Curls was THE spray to use on curly/permed hair. I can still remember the smell :(
Sat morning TV was the best, Going Live!! Muppet Babies, The Raccoons, Dog Tanian!! Anyone remember Parallel 9?
My sister and I would listen to Dr Fox do the chart countdown every sunday and masterfully stop and start the record when our favourite songs came on. I have a vhs tape of TOTP from 94.....i actually bought a vhs player recently so I can watch it along with a few other videos i have.
Fashion wise Eclipse jeans were the thing at our school, we used to go into Princes Quay in Hull on the top deck and get them from this amazing jean shop.
LouLou Blue perfume( you can still get it) Exclamation and So!!
Anyone remember Looks magazine? It was good. Cosmo was great in the 90s too, really quite raunchy and cool.
Gino Ginelli ice cream.

And ive just rememberd Man O Man with Chris Tarrant :D Can you remeber that show he had were he showed rude adverts from around the world?
Oh gosh your post has made me so nostalgic!
Parallel 9 was ace. Do you remember when Gino Ginelli did the colour changing spoons promotion?
I used to record the countdown too. I had my tape player on a little table next to a fish bowl of floating candles and joss sticks. So nineties haha.
My best friend and always bought each other So or Exclamation perfume for Christmas, along with vanilla Impulse body spray and some Argos jewellery.

Man O Man was considered so racy for the times wasn't it. Was the adverts one Tarrant on TV?

Reactions: 1
Fruit of the loom 😳
I remember having a grey jogging suit set that I paired with a bright yellow t-shirt made by them and it was just the most hideous thing. Best part was my sister had the matching set 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Oh gosh your post has made me so nostalgic!
Parallel 9 was ace. Do you remember when Gino Ginelli did the colour changing spoons promotion?
I used to record the countdown too. I had my tape player on a little table next to a fish bowl of floating candles and joss sticks. So nineties haha.
My best friend and always bought each other So or Exclamation perfume for Christmas, along with vanilla Impulse body spray and some Argos jewellery.

Man O Man was considered so racy for the times wasn't it. Was the adverts one Tarrant on TV?
Floating candles ... with little coloured glass pebbles at the bottom of the bowl, and some candles shaped like roses 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.