Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know when the old style ring pulls on cans changed to the new ones? The old ones would come off completely and leave you with a sharp piece of metal. It’s no wonder why they were changed but I’m wondering when it would’ve been as I only vaguely remember them

Also why does no one else remember Turbo Tango?! It was Tango infused with nitrogen in a kind of spray can. I think it was only available for a few months around 2011/2012. The texture was so smooth and foamy. Always wondered why it was discontinued

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I had loads of Nutty Tart stuff! Think it was called Bang on the Door?
Yes Nutty Tart too! I’m sure it was Bubblegum or something..

I think Bang on the door was groovy chic etc, the one EVERY girl had their bedroom decorated in 😂

Ah the good old days 🥺

Reactions: 3
Panda Pop
Scoubidou strings
Those Paul Frank monkey t-shirts
Was thinking how I haven't seen French Connection's FCUK logo in years, but just checked and they have a few clothing items with it on their website.

Reactions: 2
Mcdonalds parties
Body shop bath pearls
Avon bronzing balls
Carmen foot spas and face saunas
Minifridges..everything pink in the argos catalogue
Playboy merchandise
Tamagotchis

• Heart
Reactions: 12
No I still see the original crossians in my tesco, Morrisions still.

Panda pops disappeared
Pick N mix in corner shops, even though I would never get them with the germs!
Wagon wheels

No I still see the original crossians in my tesco, Morrisions still.

Panda pops disappeared
Pick N mix in corner shops, even though I would never get them with the germs!
Wagon wheels
Wagon wheels still exist, I have a pack in my cupboard, although I’m sure they may have shrunk over time

Reactions: 4
Going to your corner shop with your empty drink bottles and getting money back for them.
Blockbusters. I use to love going to hire out a rental. always use to see someone you know and could have a chat in store. Have a nose what people were hiring out :ROFLMAO:

Going to your corner shop with your empty drink bottles and getting money back for them.
Blockbusters. I use to love going to hire out a rental. always use to see someone you know and could have a chat in store. Have a nose what people were hiring out :ROFLMAO:
And the shop always smelt of stale popcorn 😊

Reactions: 4
Phones now have so many tones to choose from people just don't bother with their own anymore.
The era of the polyphonic ringtone peaked with the crazy frog ( that might not have been actually defined as polyphonic but still part of the same trend) A few people cashed in quickly when they could and it’s like it never happened.
I imagine the loss of interest is because phones are capable of much more now , so that sort of novelty doesn’t appeal any more . Thank god for the sake of bus journeys alone ... for a few years there was alswags someone going through the ringtone options for a while in the early 2000s. Not just kids either ...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Are WKD (blue) and Smirnoff Ice still the teenage drinks of choice? I know they’re around but no one seems to drink them anymore. Maybe I’m just old :ROFLMAO:

Sugar magazine was the best. For some reason I considered it far more sophisticated than Bliss, Mizz, etc. All the free gifts were tat, except for the occasional short story/book excerpt which I loved
Sugar magazine used to have position of the week/month. Think I was about 14 when I used to read that 🤣

Does anyone remember this top from Miss Selfridge??

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Sugar magazine used to have position of the week/month. Think I was about 14 when I used to read that 🤣

Does anyone remember this top from Miss Selfridge??
That's a bleeping classic.

OK, is anyone else young enough to remember the Sabrina The Teenage Witch magazine? I LOVED it.

Also, TY beanie babies. They aren't the same now.

Glitter Babes products from Boots were my favourite growing up. Not sure if they're still around.
OMG!! I loved exactly the same things as you! Sabrina magazine was amazing, did you build the make up kit in that purple box?! And there was hair tutorials!

Glitter babes was everywhere! They do still have a v. Small line at boots 3 4 2 at xmas.

Did anyone collect spice girls photographs? They were in a white envelope and you got about 5 in a pack. I also had the album to put them in. I was gutted when they stopped doing them!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.