Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are WKD (blue) and Smirnoff Ice still the teenage drinks of choice? I know they’re around but no one seems to drink them anymore. Maybe I’m just old :ROFLMAO:

Sugar magazine was the best. For some reason I considered it far more sophisticated than Bliss, Mizz, etc. All the free gifts were tat, except for the occasional short story/book excerpt which I loved
Was it sugar that had that advice column that was clearly written by the magazine itself, all the letters in the same writing style, almost always with the phrase “...the lush lad I’d fancied for ages” and other bizarre turns of frase that no one really used 😂

Omg! I’m gonna have to find some!! I used to love opening that little blue packet and sprinkling it on! Hahaha xz

It was my fave kids programme! I always wanted to go on it! Was brilliant! ‘Take two steps forward!’ 😂😂

Yeh and the Jane Norman bags that you used to put PE kits in! God I thought I was so cool!
Omg knightmare was amazing, did anyone see dobbie from peep show (cannot remember her name 😂) did an interactive theatre version of it a few years ago, I couldn’t get tix 😩

Anyone remember The Gadget Shop 😂
THE place to buy those inflatable chairs that broke quickly after in 2000 😂

yes, I was the proud owner of several, god knows why! Used to wear them on nights out.
Omg I had some that were pedal pushers with a skirt on top in some faux denim material ( I think from mk 1 🤣)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Top of the pops magazine. I used to love the freebies inside and collect the song lyrics.
Going to the video store (choices)on a Friday to pick a movie.

Reactions: 4
Gratis Points - they used to come with fags, if you collected enough you could choose things from their catalogue but you literally had to smoke 10,000 Benson and Hedges to get something like a camping radio.

Teenage drinking and alcopops - like others have said, I don't think it is much of a thing anymore and the ones that do usually all chip in for a bottle of spirit, just smoke weed instead or steal grandmas coedine prescriptions and get off their nut on that.

A standard short back and side hair cut on a lad or a shaved head. Every lad under 30 has these big bouffants now or perms like Diana Ross.

Supermarket recipe cards.

Max Factor used to do a roll on lip gloss in different flavours it was very sticky and shiny, but I had to re apply it every 5 seconds in 1976 before snogging boys at the youth club lol!
Oh gosh yes, especially cherry flavour ... it had a red top and little red flowers on the glass.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Gratis Points - they used to come with fags, if you collected enough you could choose things from their catalogue but you literally had to smoke 10,000 Benson and Hedges to get something like a camping radio.

Teenage drinking and alcopops - like others have said, I don't think it is much of a thing anymore and the ones that do usually all chip in for a bottle of spirit, just smoke weed instead or steal grandmas coedine prescriptions and get off their nut on that.

A standard short back and side hair cut on a lad or a shaved head. Every lad under 30 has these big bouffants now or perms like Diana Ross.

Supermarket recipe cards.
Waitrose have these still, albeit they don’t have much variety

Reactions: 1
has anyone said white dog tit?
I saw some a few weeks ago, stopped dead in the street and started waxing lyrical to my kids about the good old days of the 80s when the streets of Streatham were paved with white dog crap. They were gobsmacked that I was nostalgic for a certain colour of dog muck. In hindsight, I am too.

• Haha
I saw some a few weeks ago, stopped dead in the street and started waxing lyrical to my kids about the good old days of the 80s when the streets of Streatham were paved with white dog crap. They were gobsmacked that I was nostalgic for a certain colour of dog muck. In hindsight, I am too.
FoD posted a story a while back when he was reminiscing aboutwhite dog poo. The white poo usually happens when dogs are fed a decent fresh meat and bone diet instead of the crap processed dog food available nowadays.

Last edited:
  • Wow
FoS posted a story a while back when he was reminiscing aboutwhite dog poo. The white poo usually happens when dogs are fed a decent fresh meat and bone diet instead of the crap processed dog food available nowadays.
Who is FoS?

Anyone remember the shop called Au Natural? It sold some right tat but I used to get all sorts from there! Little decorations for my room and things for friends’ birthdays etc. It was full of Playboy stationery and stuff. Remember Pucca? It was like a little cartoon character and they sold all sorts of merchandise. Oh and Punkyfish and Golddigga were all the rage. Ah memories.
The memories 😂😂 was this not part of another tit clothes shop as well?

Reactions: 1
Mini discs
Fidget spinners - my company spent a fortune on these as freebies for customers and when they arrived they’d already gone out of fashion 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We have lots of lollipop men and ladies around our area. One lady waves at me every morning when I go to work, and since I’ve been working from home she now speaks to me every morning when I pass with the dogs.

Mars Delights were delightful.
And does anyone remember the Cadbury chocolate called Spira? I used to love those.
Omg these where my fav😂

Mini discs
Fidget spinners - my company spent a fortune on these as freebies for customers and when they arrived they’d already gone out of fashion 😆
The mini disc player must have lasted all of 5 minutes before fading into oblivion.

Brands of clothes such as Brook Haven, Applebottoms, Rocawear, Ecko, Averex, A9 Akedemiks, Fubu, etc.

Tall police.

Face party/ Face-Pic.

Chocolate brown sofas in stores.

Fiendish feet yoghurts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.