Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WritersBlock

I’ve woken up today feeling really sad; I’m surprised by how sad I feel. I am a royalist through and through but I can’t say her passing was a great shock to me. I am just reminded of what a great woman she was. The photo montages of her are wonderful. She was a beautiful woman.

One thing that really clutched at my heart yesterday was seeing Prince William driving Edward, Sophie and Andrew into Balmoral. Im pretty sure they could’ve been driven in separate cars and by chauffeurs or whatever but seeing him do it was the mark of the man he is. I’m aware this might sound corny and I don’t think I’ve explained it well, but there you go.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Eureka

VIP Member
Not a royalist but I find this blame game so disrespectful. This is a family who have lost someone. Regardless of her status she was a much loved woman and those left behind will be missing her terribly. They should be supported in their grief while they come to terms with her passing. It’s not a soap opera to be picked over tabloid style.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

House of Tea

VIP Member
Catherine and William moving into that smaller house in Windsor was, in hindsight, just going to be temporary. I think everyone knew that she would not last the year. As the kids have just started a new school in the area, I wonder if they will move to the castle itself?

I feel numb. I am not a fan of the royal family, but I admired the Queen greatly, particularly in the last few years. She was a constant in a country/world that seemed to be moving at a fast pace, often under unsettling circumstances. She was a comfort. We were lucky to have her for so long. An amazing woman, I think it will take a while for her loss to sink in. We genuinely will not see her like again.

Reactions: 47

minniemoobelle15

Bless you all lovely tattlers. Thankyou for your company on this strange sad afternoon. I have mainly read and not posted but i am grateful for you all. Shes actually gone and she was here all that time😢
Sleep well

• Heart
Reactions: 46

cherrytea

Long time lurker but I wanted to post to echo the sentiment felt by so many others on this forum. I am currently alone in hospital on a covid ward with no visitors and this news hit me like a tonne of bricks and reading everyone’s thoughts all afternoon before and then following the news provided me with such comfort and a safe space to be sad and feel this huge incredible loss so thank you all for that. I’m hesitant to post this but yesterday I had a fever dream of sorts (in and out of feeling exhausted from all the medical tests and headaches) of a nurse knocking on my door and telling me the Queen had died so when I saw the news that drs were concerned about her today I immediately felt sick to my stomach with worry. Can’t stop crying about it and feel like I should be waking up from this all being a horrid dream to be honest! Yes, it was inevitable someday but even after such a long glorious reign this still feels too soon - but I suppose it always would have.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46

Boring Monday

VIP Member
BBC just showed the Paddington clip again 😭
That was genius and introduced her to a new generation, they'll never forget that.
I think everyone who watched the jubilee knew that was the last time we'd see her on the balcony, it was so poignant but what a lovely goodbye. We're definitely very privileged.
At the risk of sounding completely wet, I’m really pleased she got her Jubillee. I’ve done ‘em all and this one, for all it was a big event just seemed more personal and a ‘thank you’. I’m glad she left the balcony for the last time knowing it was all for her and the high regard she was held in.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I don’t think Charles will waste any time kicking Andrew out of public sight once and for all and probably Harry. I think her death, although inevitable, has been sudden for the family. The fallout from this within the family will be brutal I think. Harry’s warts and all memoir is due out soon, I wonder if it will ever make the book shelves .

Reactions: 45

TC14

Chatty Member
I guess Harry knew he needed to be there but I expect he was very nervous about the welcome he got.
Yes I'm sure he was... quite rightly so....let's not sugar coat this though !!Despite the queen being a 96 year old woman she also over the last few years has had an awful lot of stress to deal with , most of that down to Harry and Meghan and their vile vendetta against the Royal family. We all know how much of a huge impact this has on one's health. There is no doubt in my mind both the the Queen and Prince Phillip suffered greatly from this and without doubt had an effect on their health during their final years.

Harry and Meghan need to just stop ! Live their lives as they wished and go away . We don't want or need them .. period !

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

thegreencow

VIP Member
The palace was extremely somber but still a beautiful sight. You could tell there was some importance to the occasion. I have never felt an atmosphere like it and I have visited many times. There were lots of police. The number of flowers on the right of the palace were small but growing. There were many press and cameras around. I chose flowers with blue in because Google said they were her favourite colour.

2E92AE88-C5C8-4CB1-932C-FC80B73B0588.jpeg
83594E0F-F6FC-441C-9FB4-18F519E0C44F.jpeg
961371B8-55BD-4B25-A96C-A8C5DAD90500.jpeg
3A64D4EB-E23A-437A-9EBB-96387F4C3195.jpeg

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
Wow, this is the Elysee palace in France this evening.

Merci France.jpg

The European Parliament is also flying its flags half mast.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I know she was 96 but I still feel in shock at her passing today. It was only 48 hrs ago she was pictured with Liz Truss and although she looked frail, I thought she still looked well and fabulous for her age.
That last shot, on her own, smiling and clutching onto her handbag, just as she always did. Heartbreaking that will be the last we see of her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I imagine George would go. Certainly not walking behind the coffin like Harry and William were made to do and I doubt he’d be shown during the service or for any great length of time.
He’s still so young though 😔.

This is one of my favourite tweets of all time. He looks young and old at the same time!

9943DE64-B4B1-4077-A55F-9F0B01035D3A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

SDM

The end of an era truly and I shed tears 😢 but after thinking about it, she went perfectly. Did her last engagement just 2 days before her death seeing in her 15th PM , saw her platinum jubilee and the celebrations for it and ultimately died without any prolonged illness and frequent hospital visits. She also died mentally intact which was a blessing.
She also had three heirs after her in a stable position . Charles is doing well now with Camilla after all the turbulent Diana years and public scorn, he has certainly redeemed himself and kept out of trouble in recent years and I think will make a good king although he has huge shoes to fill.
William unlike his wayward brother is very committed & has a very good marriage and stable life with 3 beautiful kids and George in training already. Thats a nice legacy to leave behind.

You could see her health which had always been robust through old age, had markedly deteriorated the last year and given that she would never retire, bowing out now was perfect timing. How she would have hated to end up slowly deteriorating in the public eye!
She got sick in the morning and died aged 96 just 17 months after her beloved husband of 73 years, in the afternoon with family at her bedside in her beautiful holiday home in the Scottish Highlands. You couldn't ask for a better death to be honest! She will be forever an icon and no one will ever live up to her.
RIP your Majesty🕊

• Heart
Reactions: 42