Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
Vile.

Charles: "Oh God. I'll just live inside your trousers or something. It would be much easier."

Camilla: "What are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers? Oh, you're going to come back as a pair of knickers."

Charles: "Or, God forbid, a Tampax. Just my luck!"

This exchange was followed by jokes about Charles turning into an entire box of tampons and of being "chucked down the lavatory."

What a charmer!
it was a private conversation. Again not my humour but I detest that this one comment is lumped on him all the time. Can any of us ever say we’ve never misjudged a joke? Would you be happy to have reported every conversation you’d ever had?

Reactions: 36

gossipgal21

VIP Member
He really wears his heart on his sleeve which, ironically, I think he had a hard time about when younger as he was “sensitive” but I think this will serve him excellently as king. I really empathised with him.

He will be devastated at the funeral and I think his face, more than anything, will set me off. He looked similar at his fathers funeral.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

90sGal

Chatty Member
Perfectly pitched first speech. Not to take away from that but I thought interesting point he made about Camilla being at his side for '17 years'. I thought the mention of the actual number of years interesting....

17 yrs is a long time...a polite reminder of this I think...

Reactions: 35

Hiraeth

VIP Member
I'm an American and I and everyone I know is mourning with you all in the UK. RIP Her Majesty, may she be with her beloved Prince Philip now, and hearing the words, "well done, thou good and faithful servant." Sending lots of love and sympathy to the UK Tattlers and all who are in mourning.

• Heart

merlot

Chatty Member
It feels like we've been orphaned as a nation.
(If that makes sense) such a weird feeling.

😔

• Sad
  • Heart

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Waiting for the lickspittles and their inevitable whinging that we can’t afford a state funeral during a cost of living crisis etc 🙄
Rationing didn’t end in Britain until 1954. They managed a Royal Wedding in 1947 a State Funeral in 1952 and a Spectacular Coronation in 1953. After 6 years of war and loss the British still managed this. Surely the Queen deserves a funeral befitting of her 70 year reign.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Eureka

VIP Member
A lovely mention of Harry and Megan. I hope the media and the rabid masses take the hint and stfu about them now.

House of Tea

VIP Member
How amazing to get to your 70s and only then losing your parents. That is such a blessing, to have had them for so long. (My mum died when I was 13, my dad when I was in my mid 20s, I just can’t imagine how amazing it would be to have them around for the majority of your life.)

• Heart
  • Sad

Crumpet41

VIP Member
I am glad it’s not just me who has had a little cry this evening. It does feel strange to cry for someone I have never met. I think despite all that has gone on over the years she has remained dignified and I’m in awe of her service to her country - still serving at age 96.

• Heart

Mamaelf

Did anyone else have that weird feeling this morning where you briefly think everything is ok and then you remember what’s happened? Seeing the outpouring of love and respect has me blubbing all over again, especially the gestures you didn’t expect like the cabbies lining the Mall and the spontaneous applause and cheers outside Buckingham Palace. Hope everyone is ok; bracing myself for a very strange few days/weeks ahead ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 33

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
i think William didn’t leave until after King Charles did. I believe Anne and Andrew are still at Balmoral with their children going to pay their respects.
It has been reported that Zara, Beatrice, and Eugenie have gone to Balmoral to pay their respects. William will have gone home to Catherine and his children (whenever the timing of that worked out). I also think that Catherine not going to Balmoral was nothing about only close family or blood relatives being there. She would have been wanted and welcome. Her not going would have been about the decisions that her and William make for their family - they couldn't have taken children of the ages of George, Charlotte, and Louis to the Queen's death bed, so Catherine stayed in Windsor because there is no way that they would have a nanny tell the kids of the death of their great-grandmother. Everything about the new Prince and Princess of Wales is that they try to make the best decisions for their kids.
Edited to add: The older that George gets, the more that he will obviously become aware of his place in the Monarchy. It wasn't just his great grandmother dying, it was him taking another step closer to becoming King himself. If William and Catherine try not to focus on that at home, you can guarantee that at school things are said to him about it. The Queen's death, is a very significant moment in George's life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32

DoodlePoodle

VIP Member
I wanted to echo the people that said how much this thread helped yesterday. I’m still a blubbering mess this morning but having what was basically tea and a chat with like minded people yesterday afternoon was lovely, if you know what I mean?
I popped out this morning to get a paper to keep and also to see our village flag at half mast 😢 I live in a very small village with the church about 3 houses away so if they ring the bells today I’ll be finished off again.
Anyway I really wanted to just say thank you - you lovely lot 🥰

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Yes probably just feels sad to think she was alone without her children although as a mother you wouldn't want your children there would you.
The number of times someone ’waits’ for their loved ones not to be there is amazing.

• Heart

minskks

it is the flight of angels and his utter devastation on his face which broke me. Well done him indeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 31