The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How amazing to get to your 70s and only then losing your parents. That is such a blessing, to have had them for so long. (My mum died when I was 13, my dad when I was in my mid 20s, I just can’t imagine how amazing it would be to have them around for the majority of your life.)
I hear you. I feel like a big part of my life has had a big piece missing ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Watching the BBC programme and I'm finding Tony Blair attractive....must be the shock.:unsure:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I’m going to have to have words with the BBC.
they’ve done some heartbreaking programmes.

its mad to think that someone has looked at Charles and thought … yup, yours needs updating next week.

Reactions: 1
My friend's baby is just over a week old and has already lived through 2 monarchs and 2 prime ministers!
My friends daughter had her 1st baby on Tuesday, again under 2 Monarchs & Prime Ministers! Crazy times!

Reactions: 10
I find myself having moments where I still get a bit of a shock that she’s actually gone. It’s all a bit like an alternate reality.

Reactions: 20
I find myself having moments where I still get a bit of a shock that she’s actually gone. It’s all a bit like an alternate reality.
Me too! It’s like I sort of forget for a bit then I go “oh God, what!”

Even with all the programmes and Charles speech etc it still feels a bit unreal.

Does anyone have a quick link to the image someone posted earlier of the timeline of what happens each day? I can’t remember what’s happening tomorrow other than the accession council?

I’m not ready to see her leave Balmoral.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if we'll see a wave of Elizabeths being born in the next few weeks. It is a lovely name.

Reactions: 17
I do hope we don’t get celebrities heading to Buckingham Palace. We have already had Amanda Holden in her tight dress and high heels. If Cundy turns up I will lose my rag.
Can't stand Amanda or Cundy. They are so plastic and look like waxwork dummies. I'm surprised she didn't melt in the rain 😱

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else have a sudden urge to rewatch The Crown now from the beginning???
It'll be interesting what they do with the last episode of The Crown. I know they've said that it will end with the Queen Mother's death, which makes an amount of sense, but I was thinking just now that I wonder if they'll fade that into a "what happened next" text ending or something.

And, semi-related, I've been saying for a while that after The Crown is done they should go a bit further back in time. But Victoria has been done a lot. The Regency has been done a lot. The Tudors has been done excessively. So keep going further. A series which opens with the death of Edward the Confessor in January 1066. The first series ends with William The Bastard's coronation the following Christmas. Then you carry on and have ~1000 years of history before it becomes awkward again, and hopefully by the time you reach the Wars Of The Roses it's been a while since the last Tudor thing.

Reactions: 9
I was nearly in tears when Charles stopped outside Buckingham palace and walked towards the crowds. He looked a bit frightened of the reception and was hesitant until people started cheering and shouting Long live the King and he suddenly relaxed and realised they meant it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Enjoying the BBC 1 programme.
I wonder when it was filmed? Edward and Sophie both look to have quite bloodshot eyes and it interviewed quite a few people in a short while. I’m sure they have the video packages prepared in advance but surely not interviews with her children or past PMs?

Reactions: 8
I have followed the royal family since Princess Diana died I was 10 at the time. Since the I have watched all the weddings, babys being born, jubilee’s and funerals. I was touched and moved by Prince Philip’s death and funeral but never cried. I knew the day the Queen died would be extremely sad but never expected to have the reaction and feelings I am. I got tears in my eyes when her death was announced and cried at a tribute yesterday. I’ve literally been crying at everything today, King Charles arriving at Buckingham place, his speech and the tribute programme on bbc. It’s still so hard to believe the Queen has gone, it honestly feels like a family member has died.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I wonder when it was filmed? Edward and Sophie both look to have quite bloodshot eyes and it interviewed quite a few people in a short while. I’m sure they have the video packages prepared in advance but surely not interviews with her children or past PMs?
Boris mentioned today during his speech at Parliament that he was asked by the BBC to talk about her in the past tense at some point while she was still alive

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Can’t stop wondering if the Cambridge children (if that’s what they’re still called??) will be at the funeral. I initially thought George and Charlotte would but now I’m not sure, remembering William and Harry’s feelings on how public their grief was at Diana’s funeral.
I know this isn’t the children’s mum, but all eyes will be on them.
I imagine George would go. Certainly not walking behind the coffin like Harry and William were made to do and I doubt he’d be shown during the service or for any great length of time.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.