The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t stop wondering if the Cambridge children (if that’s what they’re still called??) will be at the funeral. I initially thought George and Charlotte would but now I’m not sure, remembering William and Harry’s feelings on how public their grief was at Diana’s funeral.
I know this isn’t the children’s mum, but all eyes will be on them.
I would imagine so but not in a very public way. And after louis’ playful antics at the pageant.. yeah I’d leave him at home!

Reactions: 6
It'll be interesting what they do with the last episode of The Crown. I know they've said that it will end with the Queen Mother's death, which makes an amount of sense, but I was thinking just now that I wonder if they'll fade that into a "what happened next" text ending or something.

And, semi-related, I've been saying for a while that after The Crown is done they should go a bit further back in time. But Victoria has been done a lot. The Regency has been done a lot. The Tudors has been done excessively. So keep going further. A series which opens with the death of Edward the Confessor in January 1066. The first series ends with William The Bastard's coronation the following Christmas. Then you carry on and have ~1000 years of history before it becomes awkward again, and hopefully by the time you reach the Wars Of The Roses it's been a while since the last Tudor thing.
I don't think it will end with the QM death as they've cast a Kate Middleton x

Reactions: 12
ur with diana and jade goody now. and the angles obvs. I'll never forget when Jade died, someone actually put, as a tribute 'You're with diana and the angles now'. It's become a family joke everytime someone famous dies
bleeping hell that’s me done now! Funniest thing I’ve read ever! I will never forget you for this line 😂😂 thank you so much 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
i keep thinking about her dogs. Who will have them. How much they’re missing her. 😭

• Sad
Does anyone know what happens to all her personal jewellery? Would The Queen have a will?
Yes she will have a will. It it will be sealed for 100 years though so we’ll never know what it says, much like Prince Phillip’s.

Reactions: 8
It'll be interesting what they do with the last episode of The Crown. I know they've said that it will end with the Queen Mother's death, which makes an amount of sense, but I was thinking just now that I wonder if they'll fade that into a "what happened next" text ending or something.

And, semi-related, I've been saying for a while that after The Crown is done they should go a bit further back in time. But Victoria has been done a lot. The Regency has been done a lot. The Tudors has been done excessively. So keep going further. A series which opens with the death of Edward the Confessor in January 1066. The first series ends with William The Bastard's coronation the following Christmas. Then you carry on and have ~1000 years of history before it becomes awkward again, and hopefully by the time you reach the Wars Of The Roses it's been a while since the last Tudor thing.
I read that they’re going to end it on Charles and Camilla’s wedding which would be nice full circle given as it started with Elizabeth and Phillip getting married. Both future monarchs weddings as the start and end 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve been doing some reading on the dogs because I find that emotional. She’s thought to have had 4 dogs and they’re expected to go with Andrew and/or Anne - some were gifted by Andrew so he might be the most likely. One article mentioned that they probably won’t be split up

I do hope that the funeral incorporates them in some way

Reactions: 11
I thought about that too. People will mock but dogs love their human companions and will grieve for them.
She apparently didn’t want more after her last ones died because her mother’s dogs were very upset after she passed but I think Andrew got her a pup after Philip died :(

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I wonder when it was filmed? Edward and Sophie both look to have quite bloodshot eyes and it interviewed quite a few people in a short while. I’m sure they have the video packages prepared in advance but surely not interviews with her children or past PMs?
I think there was a documentary about Prince Philip airing not long after his death and I think the children were in it? Mind you, I can’t remember if he was spoken about in the past tense

Reactions: 1
If the corgis are involved in the funeral I will lose it. I wasn’t expecting to be hugely emotional at Prince Philips funeral but when they had his ponies there and his carriage with his gloves in etc…. Gosh 😭

Reactions: 14
I imagine George would go. Certainly not walking behind the coffin like Harry and William were made to do and I doubt he’d be shown during the service or for any great length of time.
He’s still so young though 😔.

This is one of my favourite tweets of all time. He looks young and old at the same time!

9943DE64-B4B1-4077-A55F-9F0B01035D3A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm in the legal profession, and the senior barristers we use are all QCs (Queen's Counsel). Now they will all be known as KCs (King's Counsel). Such a small but yet massive change - even the oldest current QCs were children last time we had KCs. Also realising that in my lifetime there'll never be QCs again. It's brought a bit of a lump to my throat.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
On the Queen's Tribute David Attenborough was listed as a Broadcaster and Naturalist which I misread as Naturist 😳

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.