The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know she was 96 but I still feel in shock at her passing today. It was only 48 hrs ago she was pictured with Liz Truss and although she looked frail, I thought she still looked well and fabulous for her age.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Catherine and William moving into that smaller house in Windsor was, in hindsight, just going to be temporary. I think everyone knew that she would not last the year. As the kids have just started a new school in the area, I wonder if they will move to the castle itself?

I feel numb. I am not a fan of the royal family, but I admired the Queen greatly, particularly in the last few years. She was a constant in a country/world that seemed to be moving at a fast pace, often under unsettling circumstances. She was a comfort. We were lucky to have her for so long. An amazing woman, I think it will take a while for her loss to sink in. We genuinely will not see her like again.
She was exactly that ‘ a comfort’, a safe pair of hands and a level head. I truly think that the vast majority of people will be saddened by her death.

Reactions: 29
I know she was 96 but I still feel in shock at her passing today. It was only 48 hrs ago she was pictured with Liz Truss and although she looked frail, I thought she still looked well and fabulous for her age.
I think that was more a tribute to medical science and her doctors to be honest,

Reactions: 11
That last shot, on her own, smiling and clutching onto her handbag, just as she always did. Heartbreaking that will be the last we see of her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Lovely picture of the sisters, quite candid too. On a steam engine ride in South Africa, 1947.
650821CA-5CB3-4E32-B322-B8BC68208BAC.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 75
That last shot, on her own, smiling and clutching onto her handbag, just as she always did. Heartbreaking that will be the last we see of her.
That’s exactly how she’d have wanted it though - doing her duty with a beaming smile ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think back to the Jubilee celebrations just a few short months ago, it was a wonderful occasion, time for people to get together, eat drink, have fun etc. We had a small party at the house and I wanted to make sure my seven year old had an awareness of it, even though as he grows up the memories might be slight. It's these happy memories I want to remember tonight.

I phoned my mum tonight and it was strange even just saying the King. I think, as well, of the emotions he will be dealing with tonight. Losing his mother and what that means for him personally. How do you get to grieve a personal loss in such circumstances?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think that was his choice though. I remember we were told that Queen Mother had died of ‘extreme old age’. Queen Victoria died of a stroke etc. I still think it was sudden and unexpected, in that they didn’t think she’d go today. My Mum says she’s read somewhere that she had a stroke this morning, I don’t know where she saw that though.
They mentioned a stroke on the BBC this afternoon but I think that was just speculation.

Reactions: 6
I love all these pictures I’m seeing that I’ve never seen before. She looks quite pregnant here as well
I don’t believe she is because Charles was born in November 1958 and this was most likely taken in April 1957. She also made her famous speech where she committed her life to the country and commonwealth. Either way I love seeing candid photos of people, especially when you often only see their polished personas.

Harrods main page has this:
C2D0A982-9CE2-48BF-8D01-285DFB7406A0.jpeg

Reactions: 9
I made the mistake of going on twitter. Some people are being vile. Making it all into a joke. It's just so insensitive.
I'm glad I'm not on Twitter. I've had to block a couple of vile individuals on Insta who decided to declare today how they weren't sad about the Queen's passing, as she was a terrible person who was too rich etc whilst others have nothing.

I mean is there any need? 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.