The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s crazy that for my nan and parents, the queen has been there for the vast majority of their lives. However, I’m in my early 20s so may very well see 4 monarchs in my life. Puts into perspective how long her reign really was.

Reactions: 15
Westminster abbey in the vaults alongside her husband and some other Kingsabd Queens
As others have mentioned HM and Prince Phillip will both be interred in the memorial chapel at St George's Windsor with her parents and Margaret's ashes.
(Currently Prince Phillip's coffin is elsewhere at St George's Windsor)

Reactions: 3
BBC just showed the Paddington clip again 😭
That was genius and introduced her to a new generation, they'll never forget that.
I think everyone who watched the jubilee knew that was the last time we'd see her on the balcony, it was so poignant but what a lovely goodbye. We're definitely very privileged.
At the risk of sounding completely wet, I’m really pleased she got her Jubillee. I’ve done ‘em all and this one, for all it was a big event just seemed more personal and a ‘thank you’. I’m glad she left the balcony for the last time knowing it was all for her and the high regard she was held in.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
The palace was extremely somber but still a beautiful sight. You could tell there was some importance to the occasion. I have never felt an atmosphere like it and I have visited many times. There were lots of police. The number of flowers on the right of the palace were small but growing. There were many press and cameras around. I chose flowers with blue in because Google said they were her favourite colour.

2E92AE88-C5C8-4CB1-932C-FC80B73B0588.jpeg
83594E0F-F6FC-441C-9FB4-18F519E0C44F.jpeg
961371B8-55BD-4B25-A96C-A8C5DAD90500.jpeg
3A64D4EB-E23A-437A-9EBB-96387F4C3195.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 44
The amount of disrespect is disgusting I’m not a massive royal fan but I do have a lot of respect for the queen and what she’s done for the country. She also can’t help what she was born into for goodness sake, her life was planned out for her from a young age and she sacrificed so much for a role she wasn’t initially meant to take on, in my opinion everybody should at least have respect for her for that alone.
Have you seen the dreadful video of the highlands fish and chip shop owner celebrating the Queen’s death? It’s awful 😢

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Harry has left Balmoral already. He left at 8 this morning which was quite early considering he arrived late. He didn’t hang around long, which is disappointing. I was hoping that things would get better

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Oh okay, that's good then. But I'm hearing the football may be cancelled, which seems a bit extreme. I am a football fan so I hope it continues for selfish reasons
Liverpool could do with a break so a 2 week break for mourning would be welcome.

I'm interested to speak with my neighbours, I live in a block with a lot of old people, some only a few years younger than The Queen so will remember her as a princess and remember having a king. It must be strange for people of that age, they'll have watched her grow up with them and now she's gone, like a sad reminder of our mortality.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s crazy that for my nan and parents, the queen has been there for the vast majority of their lives. However, I’m in my early 20s so may very well see 4 monarchs in my life. Puts into perspective how long her reign really was.
The Ageds are very smug that they can now say they’ve lived in the reigns of 4 Kings and a Queen.

Reactions: 4
Harry has left Balmoral already. He left at 8 this morning which was quite early considering he arrived late. He didn’t hang around long, which is disappointing. I was hoping that things would get better
I guess we really don’t know what’s going on, there may have been stuff to sort out last night and it was agreed he could go today to go back to his wife, who knows.

Like I said in a previous thread there was quite a lot of family drama when my granny passed away and I’m just glad it wasn’t in the papers.

I kind of feel like his comings and going’s shouldn’t really matter at the moment, but obviously people will focus on it as it’s a source of curiosity and interest I suppose.

Catching up a bit on the coverage and it’s just so sad. Still get a bit of a jolt every time “the King” is mentioned and it will be very surreal and sad to see him in person for the first time.

I can’t quite believe we will not see the Queen again and when her coffin is brought out to leave Balmoral I think that will have a huge impact.

I am staying away from certain internet sites and places because I just don’t want to listen to the noise. I’m sticking with the BBC and Tattle (what a combo 😂) ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Also just a point out of curiosity really.

Obviously the Queen was mostly referred to as simply “the Queen” or perhaps Queen Elizabeth.

In a lot of the news items they have referred a few times to him as “King Charles the third” which is obviously a bit of a mouthful but I’m wondering if it’s just to help people get used to the new way of things?

I assume as time goes on it will just revert to “the King”, “the King and Queen Consort” etc.

Not sure if that makes sense but just something I wondered?

Reactions: 8
I really hope Huw gets some rest tonight, he needs and deserves it. He's been incredible and I wouldn't of wanted anyone else to break the news to me.
Agree, we all knew it was coming but I found Huw's coverage extremely comforting. He just knew exactly what to say ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I guess we really don’t know what’s going on, there may have been stuff to sort out last night and it was agreed he could go today to go back to his wife, who knows.

Like I said in a previous thread there was quite a lot of family drama when my granny passed away and I’m just glad it wasn’t in the papers.

I kind of feel like his comings and going’s shouldn’t really matter at the moment, but obviously people will focus on it as it’s a source of curiosity and interest I suppose.

Catching up a bit on the coverage and it’s just so sad. Still get a bit of a jolt every time “the King” is mentioned and it will be very surreal and sad to see him in person for the first time.

I can’t quite believe we will not see the Queen again and when her coffin is brought out to leave Balmoral I think that will have a huge impact.

I am staying away from certain internet sites and places because I just don’t want to listen to the noise. I’m sticking with the BBC and Tattle (what a combo 😂) ❤
To be fair, there’s not really anything to do is there now.
Charles and William will be taken up with all the constitutional rigmarole that comes with the handing over of the baton and the Duke of Norfolk in his role as Earl Marshal is responsible for overseeing the funeral arrangements … and they are coming back today anyway.

I shared this to my Instagram story today as I think it words it perfectly - sadly I couldn’t find who to credit. Some of the things I’ve seen from people that I follow are so disrespectful. How can people be so cruel 😞. X
Some people just like to think they are being edgy, without realising that really they just make themselves look like twonks.

Reactions: 15
To be honest, I would imagine that he is the least of their concerns.
I'm sure. I wasn't looking at it from that point of view. He had an opportunity to see her but chose not to. His wife was busy spouting her nonsense in the weeks previous. What has he become?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve just been shops, everyone was quiet . Paid in cash and thought my kids who ate 21 down to 1 won’t use queens money as adults they will be using kings 😭

I just cant feel enough for King Charles. Loosing his mum and straight away having to start one of the most important jobs and at his age. 😭

Reactions: 16
I’ve just been shops, everyone was quiet . Paid in cash and thought my kids who ate 21 down to 1 won’t use queens money as adults they will be using kings 😭
I've been out to get a newspaper and didn't know if I was imagining it but everyone did seem really quiet. There was quiet, sombre music playing in Tesco too.

Reactions: 10
Nick Whitchell was basically playing OAP ailment roulette.
He was annoying me yesterday, he kept saying “we should all keep our concerns to ourselves until we hear from the Palace” - whilst sitting on a special broadcast being shown because the Queen’s passing was sadly, very obviously imminent.

I don’t know the logistics of scrambling a jet but it’s so sad to think the rest of the family didn’t make it in time.

Our local radio station has said Prince Harry has left Balmoral and was seen at Aberdeen Airport boarding a flight to London (sorry I’m miles behind, this will already have been said I’m sure)

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.