Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mushroomprincess22

Chatty Member
I walk dogs for a living and on the way back from my first job of the day - an elderly gentleman who I’m guessing is in his 70s, smiled and waved to me from across the road and said “what a sad day”. I crossed over to greet him and we were chatting for a good 10 minutes about our beloved Queen. He told me he’d lived in London all his life before moving to where he is today, and spoke about how he was there for Winston Churchills funeral and told me all about it (very interesting!). He spoke about how he feels our Queen never put a step wrong etc. He ended with “you’ll have to excuse me, I’m welling up again”, he crossed the road and headed back down his driveway with tears in his eyes 😢. Everyone I bumped into on our walk today seemed so somber and sad.

I know I keep repeating myself but I am genuinely so, so gutted. None of my friends seem to understand why I’m like this, I’m quite young (26) but very patriotic. I’m glad you all get it. Thanks Tattle for providing a safe space where I feel I’m not alone in my feelings. X

• Heart
Reactions: 42

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
You know, tattle has a bad rep but it’s the only place I’ve felt safe to read or even state my sadness for the past day. My Facebook newsfeed has been filled with so many disrespectful memes and status’ about the queen. It’s really fucking sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

elliebee27

VIP Member
I think so too. She has been by his side for a long time and has proved her worth. I think he was reminding us of that.
She's gotten stuck in with topics that other royal women wouldn't dare: domestic violence, abuse, marital rape, et cetera. Meeting with women and crying with them. Advocating for rape kits in hospitals and police stations. Supporting charities that help women in such situations. Can't see anyone else doing it and now I hope she can do even more and I bet she will with her new profile as queen consort. Adore her.

Reactions: 40

Mamaelf

I really hope Camilla is allowed to just get on with being Queen Consort. She and Charles have been married for nearly 20 years and she’s never put a foot wrong. As someone else has said, Charles and Diana should never have married in the first place; Camilla was always ‘the one,’ but the royal rules prevented them being together when they wanted to be. None of them were perfect but the past can’t be changed and I think Charles would be a very different person now, and not in a good way, if he didn’t have Camilla by his side.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

jkroche95

VIP Member
My friend's baby is just over a week old and has already lived through 2 monarchs and 2 prime ministers!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

theGC

VIP Member
I really hope Huw gets some rest tonight, he needs and deserves it. He's been incredible and I wouldn't of wanted anyone else to break the news to me.

• Heart

Annie6154

Tomorrow morning, I am definitely going to regret how much wine I had tonight to settle my nerves. Spent some time looking at old photos of my grandma (who I think looked like her majesty in her youth) and cried a bit more. I hope everyone sleeps well x
I totally resonate with this. Not to say I had a like/dislike for the royal family - they simply exist at the same time as me and that’s it as far as I’m concerned, I can’t say they have a huge impact on my life. However, seeing the picture of the queen in front of her fireplace on Tuesday reminded me so much of my grandma. They shared the same birthday (my nan was one year younger however, something which she begrudged as she missed out on a card!). My nan used to dress exactly how the queen was in that picture (same style skirt, cardigan, permed hair etc) and they looked very similar. Seeing that picture made me miss her loads. Then the news today felt like losing my grandma all over again. I can’t describe it but it really brought home that however constant someone’s presence might seem, they will be gone one day. A strangely emotional day for me who, like I said, hasn’t had much of an opinion of the royal family in the past. The fact that she was working at 96 years old, two days before her death, is incredible and I have so much respect for that and her service. Bless her. RIP 👑

• Heart

Rosie glow

VIP Member
I'm sorry but I find it incredibly hard to think that anyone outside of the Royal family and their own medical team would possibly know about her medical history. How the hell would someone "who works in tv" have that kind of privileged knowledge.

kitsybalfour

Like so many of you, I feel completely numb. No matter if our other VIPs let us down, her grace and dignity and duty made up for our politicians’ shortcomings. You could go anywhere in the world, and people respected her. And in this country so many of us who are not Royalists still loved and cherished her. Very few humans have ever managed that.

Definitely the end of an era. As if she is taking a symbolic part of the United Kingdom with her and that now she’s gone we will be even less United.

The one thing that has brought a wry smile to my face this evening is imagining the publishers of Harry’s booky wook having kittens knowing that it won’t be coming out any time soon, if ever. And that the Montecito Netflix gravy train might soon grind to a very big halt.

nobody was bigger than the Queen, and Charles has some awfully big shoes to fill.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Ally Pally

VIP Member
I've heard she had bowel cancer. My sister has lots of links to the important people who would know that sort of thing.
She said back in May "the queen has bowel cancer and won't last until Christmas." and here we are...
Okay, so far we've had people claiming sauces have told them bone cancer and cancer of the spine and now we have a bowel cancer claim 🙄
Maybe we should just put suggestions in a hat. Personally if you can't provide the source then it's just speculation and gossip imo.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I took it as an expression of his love for his son and daughter in law 🤔
So did I.

I think Charles will be a fine King. Ironically I think the length of time it has taken for him to become King will work in his favour. I think if he had become King 20 years ago he would have been a disaster. I think he will rely on William quite a lot.

• Heart

Candytuft

VIP Member
God that is awful if true.
It does seem like nature's way though. An elderly cat I loved hid himself away to die alone. When my husband died he was only on his own for a couple of hours despite being always in company for three weeks. I only went home to feed my cat and have a shower.The guilt was/is terrible but it's as though it's meant to be. I know that I wouldn't want someone watch me take my last breath. It could be horrible.

• Heart
  • Sad

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Every time I see the clip of Paddington saying ‘Thank You for everything’, I get really emotional

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Mate... I don't think the blame can lie solely with Megan and Harry. She was 96, lost her husband a year ago, lived through a pandemic, all the stuff with Andrew. Be realistic.
She was also obviously poorly with a physical ailment.
A 96 year old passes away and no one is to blame.
just be thankful we had her for that long.

• Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
BBC just showed the Paddington clip again 😭
That was genius and introduced her to a new generation, they'll never forget that.
I think everyone who watched the jubilee knew that was the last time we'd see her on the balcony, it was so poignant but what a lovely goodbye. We're definitely very privileged.

• Heart