Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
thread title: The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling all her freebies on Vinted

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60

Hashtagged

VIP Member
The best before dates on that plane food are 21/7 so she’s been there for almost a week and she’s pretending she just got there last night 🙄and posting her “trying on summer outfits” reels while she was already on her holiday

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

Badbugger

The best before dates on that plane food are 21/7 so she’s been there for almost a week and she’s pretending she just got there last night 🙄and posting her “trying on summer outfits” reels while she was already on her holiday
This is the kind of detective work I am HERE for!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
what was the point in the caravan holiday if they’ve got a family holiday in Spain now? Just a weird poverty safari for the Times?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
“Starting to think about my summer wardrobe” - already posted bikini and swimwear stuff, a “joke” about not ironing anything and various other new summer items. Wtf is there left to think about short of “wondering what freebies might come my way for me to flog onwards in some weird attempt to convince people following me that my lifestyle is somehow desirable”

(Anyone else read Aja Barber’s excellent cutting words about these sort of influencers today in light of the Shein shitshow? Summary was to pay close attention to more affluent influencers still banging the drum for sweatshop production and it really feels like it has Alex, Erica, that whole vibe running right through it)
Bringing the print screens here as love Aja’s point SO much, thank you for sharing this!

IMG_6462.jpeg
IMG_6463.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
She is SO weird. Did she even come back from California? Are the kids really with her parents?? Does Dopey even exist??? Maybe he’s like the clone husband in that episode of Black Mirror who just stands around and does whatever he’s told.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

gollygally

‘We’re such people pleasers’. Or in everyone else’s world, it’s what millions of people do for their neighbours every summer unless they’re a psychopath. Jesus talk about making something out of quite literally nothing.
The neighbors should thank her with a 50p candle with a string attached to it and a nice reutilised thank you card

• Haha
Reactions: 27

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
We really need a wiki with 2 categories…

Things Alex Can’t Afford (sourdough bread, more than 2 dining chairs at a time, extendable table)

Things Alex Can Afford (double storey extension, multiple long haul holidays, £200+ outfits, Farrow & Ball paint, garden coffin storage, hundreds of pairs of serial killer glasses)

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Ivegotatheory

Chatty Member
I’m going to have to stop buying sourdough now I know the savings will get me to Tokyo.

Thread #10 Save on bread holiday in Tokyo instead!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She’ll tell herself this stuff doesn’t matter and is just us being nosy but it really does, when you present yourself as a frugal living financially savvy mum on £40k a year who sustains an Instagrammable lifestyle just by cutting back the weekly shop to £40 (an absolute impossibility) and chucking kitchen renos on credit cards and shopping in charity shops, it’s really bad form to not disclose that actually you have a ton of tax deductible expenses you can put through the Ltd, husband’s on payroll too, and that you’re living in a house far beyond your means thanks to your parents, and holidaying far beyond your means thanks to their free acomm too. Asking for transparency should really be the bare minimum but it’s too much for this lot.

Reactions: 25

PastorBake

Chatty Member
If you stop buying sourdough bread, TV licenses and Vans trainers for your kids, and only spend money on essentials like Sezane blouses and Pret subscriptions perhaps you too can go on holiday to Japan 🙏

• Haha

maliceinwanderlust

How many times do you need to spritz a skirt to make up for flying to California for the weekend?

Asking for a (frugal, environmentally conscious) friend

• Haha
  • Heart
I commented saying I hope they’re ok as noticed the plane food was a week out of date….deleted 🤣
---
Should have also asked if she flew directly from Cali

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
A couple of standouts from her newsletter, Tokyo City Guide.
She’s so offensive. “Free tapas” in Spain and thankful that she doesn’t have to tip anyone in Japan. Fair enough if people don’t tip there, but her approach to “frugality” is basically being a cheap scrounger. I wonder how she coped with having to tip in the US - funny how she didn’t cover that trip in her newsletter!

anytime, here to serve.
I’ve been keeping an eye silently but then too many things matched, yesterday she uploaded the sezane cream top that was given in November 22, that was the final proof.
That’s appalling. If this sort of pump and dump behaviour was occurring in any other industry it’d be legislated against and yet it’s ok for influencers to create faux demand that they directly profit from - be it through affiliate commission or partnership fees - and then discard it as soon as poss. For even more profit. I shouldn’t be surprised as this is coming from a frugal cosplayer/someone that told women to go on a mortgage holiday after putting their kitchen #reno on a credit card. It’s such a grim and unethical way to “earn” a living 🤢 gross.

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Are you fucking kidding me? California AND Japan in the space of a month for frugal Alex who never gets a moment to herself, can’t afford sourdough/a tv licence/to wash her clothes more than once a month and has a back so bad that she can’t pick her kids up?

Reactions: 23

atome74

If you look for a yellow gannì skirt for 30 quid you’ll find her. Although I don’t think there’s much at the moment as she staggered 4/5 items a week.
Not sure it’s intentional or her being slooooow
I daresay she would consider listing 4-5 items per week part of a full-time job description

• Haha
Reactions: 23