The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I SAW her yesterday! In nerja, Spain. All four of them (adults and kids).
This is useful intel! Just wait for the upcoming post “packing for our trip to Nerja” then they “return” just before (state) schools go back (except they don’t really).

full disclosure, am currently staying abroad in a family property for free, but I don’t hide it from 320,000 people so that I can pretend I’m actually poor 👍🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 16
what was the point in the caravan holiday if they’ve got a family holiday in Spain now? Just a weird poverty safari for the Times?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Can I say this thread brings me so much joy? 😂😂it’s always the one I hope it’s updated

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
It wouldn’t be chips, Alex only eats free tapas with a cheap drink authentically Spanish cuisine when in Spain.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hope she hurries home from Spain soon, there’s a whole other slew of reusable bags to follow up on #work
IMG_5163.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know this isn’t about Alex but I was scrolling on Vinted yesterday and came across another stylist called Ashley dainty who was selling a whole heap of stuff. She regularly does H&M hauls so is no stranger to consumerist behaviour.

I particularly noted a white stuff coat that I know she was gifted as part of an ad campaign a while back. I was taken aback at how blatant she was being. Has anyone spotted Alex actually selling gifted stuff?

Reactions: 2
I know this isn’t about Alex but I was scrolling on Vinted yesterday and came across another stylist called Ashley dainty who was selling a whole heap of stuff. She regularly does H&M hauls so is no stranger to consumerist behaviour.

I particularly noted a white stuff coat that I know she was gifted as part of an ad campaign a while back. I was taken aback at how blatant she was being. Has anyone spotted Alex actually selling gifted stuff?
She is local to me and was once recommended to me as a childminder! Which she was at at the time, no idea if she’s a stylist now. But yes, the “hauls” were conspicuous consumption at its best.

I follow Ashley and yes she’s very trend led, buys a lot of H&M and gets gifted a lot. TBH they all sell the high street stuff on. Themumlife_styled, Pascale banks, amothersedit and thefashionablepan are the worst offenders for it. They make no apologies for it and it’s often a cycle of having it gifted, posting a picture saying that they’re ‘obsessed with it and are wearing it on repeat’ and then sell it two weeks later. It’s a bleeping racket.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I follow Ashley and yes she’s very trend led, buys a lot of H&M and gets gifted a lot. TBH they all sell the high street stuff on. Themumlife_styled, Pascale banks, amothersedit and thefashionablepan are the worst offenders for it. They make no apologies for it and it’s often a cycle of having it gifted, posting a picture saying that they’re ‘obsessed with it and are wearing it on repeat’ and then sell it two weeks later. It’s a bleeping racket.
Isn't there an app/website specifically for influencers to sell their pre-"loved" clothing? I think Danielle Vanier may have mentioned it once? I think she said the website staff do all the uploading etc. for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.