The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We really need a wiki with 2 categories…

Things Alex Can’t Afford (sourdough bread, more than 2 dining chairs at a time, extendable table)

Things Alex Can Afford (double storey extension, multiple long haul holidays, £200+ outfits, Farrow & Ball paint, garden coffin storage, hundreds of pairs of serial killer glasses)
And water pots. Don’t forget the water pot.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The table she has is £179, the extendable 4-6 seater table is £359. I very much doubt she couldn’t afford the extra £180. The table she has is 90 cm the next size up table is 120cm when not extended - I would say she went for the smaller size because she wanted to tuck it into the corner/didn’t want a larger table, not that she couldn’t afford £180 extra. Especially when she was able to buy a pair of chairs at the same time.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Is there a spot in the threads about the extension I think I missed that drama

Reactions: 1
I think the sister shared a garden view full length picture of the second story extension... and I think Chris maybe did a super sped up tour where we all caught a glimpse!

I was deleting my thousands of screenshots yesterday and deleted this one from 21 October 2021 yesterday 😂 (might help you identify the thread!)
---
This is the extended back bedroom used for a wardrobe and storing crappy little baskets

Attachments

Reactions: 4
The spare bed room was a tiny room previously with the fireplace in a different spot. Then suddenly what was a tiny room was able to contain a wardrobe, sofa-bed, a sideboard and then a shelving unit for toys. The room now seems to function as a playroom for the kids/wardrobes for Alex .

In all her renovation talk, Alex has never mentioned extending out this room above the kitchen for some reason.

Reactions: 5
The spare bed room was a tiny room previously with the fireplace in a different spot. Then suddenly what was a tiny room was able to contain a wardrobe, sofa-bed, a sideboard and then a shelving unit for toys. The room now seems to function as a playroom for the kids/wardrobes for Alex .

In all her renovation talk, Alex has never mentioned extending out this room above the kitchen for some reason.
Was this also the room where they seemed to discover the fireplace behind plasterboard but then made a vague comment about not restoring it properly at the time, which with hindsight was because the whole room was going to be renovated?

Reactions: 7
She’s probably been there a week already.

I saw Barbie this evening and have to say that Weird Barbie’s costume was very Alex.
IMG_0329.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don’t think I appreciated the frugality had not be updated since Dec 22 and Aug 23 before that?

Reactions: 2
She’s deleting comments asking her how she affords all these trips, there was one on her latest post for a few minutes then gone!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I wonder what ever happened to those god awful floral plates. Last summer that was the content 24/7 with the candles now radio silence.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.