The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m blocked so can’t see her stories. Can someone enlighten me what the water pot is about?
It’s honestly amazing. I thought everyone on here was taking the piss out of her, but no need when she does it herself.

It’s a reel about things that just make sense in her kitchen.

1. Corduroy chairs that are apparently easy to wipe down with kids
2. Hidden storage- showing the small recipe book space that is beneath the counter that she’s showed loads before
3. The headliner: an empty pot by the sink for left over water from water bottles/cups/glasses to then use to water the plants in the garden

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s honestly amazing. I thought everyone on here was taking the piss out of her, but no need when she does it herself.

It’s a reel about things that just make sense in her kitchen.

1. Corduroy chairs that are apparently easy to wipe down with kids
2. Hidden storage- showing the small recipe book space that is beneath the counter that she’s showed loads before
3. The headliner: an empty pot by the sink for left over water from water bottles/cups/glasses to then use to water the plants in the garden
Thank you! I see I’m missing out big time! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
God she’s a knob. And now repainting the hallway because she realised the two shades of blue don’t go together. Good job she’s got plenty of time on her hands to do it!

Reactions: 7
It was the chairs that got me ‘had to buy them on 2 occasions’ OH MY GOD AS IF! Who is she trying to kid/appeal to?? They didn’t need chairs (more chairs, they had a load with the table and of course the bench before) but if you need 4 chairs then you wait and buy 4 chairs - there is no way you’re telling me they wouldn’t afford £400 for chairs?? And if they couldn’t then either don’t buy them or don’t spend so much elsewhere. It’s a bloody joke! I just don’t get her fake frugal aspect to it all. Clearly you have money, which is fine, clearly you spend it on housewares, loads of clothes, holidays etc which is also fine but why just WHY pretend otherwise - that’s the part which pisses everyone off so much surely????

Reactions: 15
It was the chairs that got me ‘had to buy them on 2 occasions’ OH MY GOD AS IF! Who is she trying to kid/appeal to?? They didn’t need chairs (more chairs, they had a load with the table and of course the bench before) but if you need 4 chairs then you wait and buy 4 chairs - there is no way you’re telling me they wouldn’t afford £400 for chairs?? And if they couldn’t then either don’t buy them or don’t spend so much elsewhere. It’s a bloody joke! I just don’t get her fake frugal aspect to it all. Clearly you have money, which is fine, clearly you spend it on housewares, loads of clothes, holidays etc which is also fine but why just WHY pretend otherwise - that’s the part which pisses everyone off so much surely????
Yes! It's pretty tiresome now. All this pretending not to be able to afford anything and having to scrimp and save for everything.

Reactions: 13
Also you’d not buy 2 fabric chairs to sit in a sunny window and then wait months to buy more…they’ll be different colours by then. Just make do with what you’ve got until you can afford the set.

• Haha
Leftover paint today!

Let’s not forget while she was saving up to buy the second pair of chairs, she originally had a rectangular table there, along with a bench and a few chairs that she got rid of, then went with a small kids table for a while, then bought the small square table and two cord chairs. While she was saving to buy the second set, she had other chairs all over the house and garden that could be used as dining chairs.

Everything she buys is from ‘savings’!!

Reactions: 8
Everything she buys is from ‘savings’!!
I hate influencers who trot out that line about 'saving' up for something (normally it takes about a month to save for a kitchen or a bathroon as far as I can tell).

The reason they can afford this stuff if from the 'savings' they make by being gifted the vast majority of the tit in their houses.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ah yes, the ever lasting and never diminishing pot of savings that pays for everything. Otherwise known as a current account to most people 🙄

Buys the same clothes on repeat but has to buy dining chairs in stints... omg I wish she would shut up.. and stop putting exclamation marks at the end of everything too.. oh isn't it funny hilarious kooky of us to not be able to afford furniture, but we travel to japan and I spend hundreds on outfits that look identical to each other.. I mean does she honestly believe people assume she can't afford John Lewis furniture..?!
284214CC-2132-48A5-937B-00B44FC8D247.jpeg

Was just about to say, doesn't she work with John Lewis?! So it would have been gifted/very heavily discounted anyway. She's such a Billy bullshitter, it makes her distinctly unlikeable.

She‘s losing all credibility. Preference was for an extendable table but couldn’t afford it at the time - well then, sensible thing would have been to save for longer and bring one of her garden tables inside in the interim, continue with their set-up of no dining table for a little longer, hold off on buying the chairs for longer and use the many chairs around the house or the garden chairs. Probably, the real reason for non-extendable table was that she had she had a discount code/voucher for JL for that range. Probably too, the real reason they only bought one pair of chairs at the time was because she didn’t feel she needed them, kids were probably still using toddler chairs/a high chair at the time. So she bought the two when she need them them or perhaps had another discount code at that stage.

All this saving up for everything nonsense - she can save for holiday to Japan, flights to Spain, flight to California, weekend caravan holiday, pair of chairs, etc and yet still be able to spend in charity shops for birthday presents, Tiger and Lidl/Aldi middle aisle, she’s bought several new lamps this year, conjured up leftover paint, etc, etc - and still has managed to ‘save’ substantial amounts. And from what she reveals about themselves, it seems her husband works at least part-time with her and she just works a three or four day week.

She, so far, hasn’t revealed she went/is going to Spain this month other than in a comment to someone a few months ago and positing about buying a swimsuit for her holidays a while ago. No authenticity posting about saving and having to really budget for their food if she’s not going to even mention all her holidays, the fact that they seem to work part-time, etc.

She irks me so much, it’s really time I unfollowed her!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We really need a wiki with 2 categories…

Things Alex Can’t Afford (sourdough bread, more than 2 dining chairs at a time, extendable table)

Things Alex Can Afford (double storey extension, multiple long haul holidays, £200+ outfits, Farrow & Ball paint, garden coffin storage, hundreds of pairs of serial killer glasses)

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Things Alex Can’t Afford (sourdough bread, more than 2 dining chairs at a time, extendable table)

Things Alex Can Afford (double storey extension, multiple long haul holidays, £200+ outfits, Farrow & Ball paint, garden coffin storage, hundreds of pairs of serial killer glasses)
Not forgetting under the Things Alex Can't Afford title: the TV licence, giving anything other than crappy candles tied with string as presents, ice lollies for her children on days out

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It’s so bloody performative. Couldn’t they divert a couple of hundred £££ from their Japan savings to purchase the right table for them? How can she say ‘oh we couldn’t afford it’ without any sense of irony.
I reckon the trip was paid for by her parents

Reactions: 9

Going to tiger 3 times a week to buy essential tat

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.