The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alex is galumping along down to Tiger to buy rubbish and getting £130 haircuts, but still can’t afford decent food or anything more than lowering herself to a holiday in CLACTON OF ALL PLACES 😱 (*faints due to the unhip nature of Clacton*)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It's so bizarre, frugal Alex writing an article published by the times.. about a caravan holiday in Clacton.. like she took one for the team.. "I'm frugal Alex who doesn't seem to have a job, unless you count me showing you my (mostly designer, mostly gifted) clothes that include some items that are actually 7 months old! , shock horror..living in an expensive house in London..but under no circumstances do I ever buy sourdough cos that's too expensive for me"
I don't really know where I'm going with this but nothing about her makes sense anymore..and does she ever post on the frugality anymore? I never see posts from that account

Reactions: 10
She hasn’t posted on Frugality since November. Apparently they trying to figure out how to run multiple platforms* and it was proving hard.

*Two Instagram accounts

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She hasn’t posted on Frugality since November. Apparently they trying to figure out how to run multiple platforms* and it was proving hard.

*Two Instagram accounts
She will once she's done her latest 'gift guide' She said she's currently working on one, is that for Xmas or does she do them through the year?

Reactions: 4
Oh god the Tilda Swinton video. Started off reasonably with some fairly pedestrian advice about where to buy her clothes… but has to finish with an unfunny forced “joke” about package holidays which really just reflects Alex’s unbridled snobbery.

Sorry we can’t all have parents who own holiday homes in nice Spanish towns, Alex.

Reactions: 9
“Starting to think about my summer wardrobe” - already posted bikini and swimwear stuff, a “joke” about not ironing anything and various other new summer items. Wtf is there left to think about short of “wondering what freebies might come my way for me to flog onwards in some weird attempt to convince people following me that my lifestyle is somehow desirable”

(Anyone else read Aja Barber’s excellent cutting words about these sort of influencers today in light of the Shein shitshow? Summary was to pay close attention to more affluent influencers still banging the drum for sweatshop production and it really feels like it has Alex, Erica, that whole vibe running right through it)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
“Starting to think about my summer wardrobe” - already posted bikini and swimwear stuff, a “joke” about not ironing anything and various other new summer items. Wtf is there left to think about short of “wondering what freebies might come my way for me to flog onwards in some weird attempt to convince people following me that my lifestyle is somehow desirable”

(Anyone else read Aja Barber’s excellent cutting words about these sort of influencers today in light of the Shein shitshow? Summary was to pay close attention to more affluent influencers still banging the drum for sweatshop production and it really feels like it has Alex, Erica, that whole vibe running right through it)
Bringing the print screens here as love Aja’s point SO much, thank you for sharing this!

IMG_6462.jpeg
IMG_6463.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Alex week: tennis, Harvey Nichols, ice cream tasting, liberty and I am sure I forgot something.
Wow she’s so hard done by it

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I am sure I forgot something.
yep you forgot pretending she only has 9 pairs of ‘summer’ shoes whilst ignoring the many photos she’s taken of extra pairs of birks, the multiple variations of the flat comfy sandals she spent all last summer convincing people they needed, the various other strappy heeled sandals, and not to forget the Very Hard Working trainers (apply to whichever pairs you like)

Is anyone else repulsed by the sheer volume of everything?

Last thread we had those bags of shite she was sifting through and now we’ve got the shoes all lined up. It’s just SO much stuff, like nobody needs this much stuff and as @MeWithTheHair has pointed out these ppl spend their careers convincing us that we do - no thanks hun looks like it’d be an unenjoyable hell trying to constantly keep up consuming and then keep on top of the piles of tat

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I completely agree over the shoes, it’s such a false representation - she has a hundred other pairs as well. I just don’t understand her. If you want to own, consume and partake in so much stuff then just own it. It’s the lies which really piss me off. She is a compulsive shopper and does so much of the time as it’s her job to sell us these things. Now it’s up to the rest of us to buy into that as well or not but don’t make out you are something else Alex. It drives me mad!!!

• Heart
Where are the too-small Tevas she bought on impulse in the sale? Remember her toes hanging over the ends 🤣

Some sandals can last a long time if you look after them but let’s be honest, the reason her seven year old Topshop sandals are still going strong is because they are on rotation with 40 other similar pairs. You have to hand it to influencers for managing to greenwash their gross overconsumption habits.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
(Sorry was interrupted by children demanding non-beige lunches)

And I say that ⬆ as a mum currently surrounded by bags of clothes - it’s the end of school year mum shuffle, bagging up too small stuff to pass on, opening and sorting bags of stuff that have been given to me, sorting out other stuff for recycling (god boys are hard on their clothes. Sliding down a concrete skate ramp on your arse really does nothing for the longevity of shorts…).

That’s NORMAL behaviour and still I find it overwhelming. I just can’t with Alex’s “frugal” life.

Although TBH I will say that I was finally influenced into a blue Coop bag for life. It’s everything I ever dreamed of 🤣. (Actually to be fair it’s good, both roomy and sturdy — not adjectives that are usually pleasing together 🤣)

Reactions: 8
“Hope everyone is still enjoying their matches”!

hahahaha how the f do you enjoy matches omfg

• Haha
Me - thoughts the bags from pre summer still make me ill.
I almost wanted to comment on the summer shoe post and say that's too many! Totally unnecessary, she could have done a post with 3 shoes, a trainer, a sandal and one a bit more dressy.. and showed ways they can work with every kind of outfit.. she's not a stylist or fashion editor and I'm sick of all influencers pretending they work with what's in their wardrobe whenever they buy (scrap that.. whenever they are gifted a new piece of clothing that they expect us to buy!) an item. Alex thinks because she wears the same things time and time again it makes her frugal.. we all wear the same things on repeat don't we???
She's not frugal she's tight, there's a difference.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.