The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really wish I could juxtapose all the times she’s gone on about the things she can’t afford
Agreed completely and offer my commitment to the cause đŸ«Ą we’ve been spoilt with the archiving that goes on in the Jack Monroe threads that we assume it as standard!

Tbh watching the backlash against this sort of content across the board with fascination/joy 😂

Reactions: 7
The frugality was set so that a rich girl on a low salary could buy lots of tit by scrimping (pot noodle, being a cheap skate at dinners, not buying shampoo for Chris etc).
Now she is living her best life thanks to generational wealth (no shame, i also benefited although on a smaller case) and the success of her blog 10 years ago but there is nothing frugal about her life.
The only thing she’s tight is with friends and kids

Reactions: 22
Just emphasises that she comes before her kids and her friends, she puts herself first. You’d hate to be her friend, she’s not thoughtful or generous with anyone except herself. She’s entitled.

Reactions: 10
I’m going to have to stop buying sourdough now I know the savings will get me to Tokyo.

Thread #10 Save on bread holiday in Tokyo instead!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I didn’t even notice the California trip! I see it’s not on her grid.
It is - it’s the wedding she went to where she’s wearing the hideous pink dress. She doesn’t mention that it took place in California!
---
Imagine being this upfront about how grabby you are? Though bad luck Alex - no PJs in public areas!
IMG_0176.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I really hope that when she comes back she can tell all us peasants how she saved for this trip when her salary is 30k a year, paying off a full house renovation she put on her credit card, pays the mortgage on a 850k house and childcare for 2 children etc etc
.what an absolute fraud she is

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I knew her walk reminded me of someone but just couldn’t think who!!
---
I really hope that when she comes back she can tell all us peasants how she saved for this trip when her salary is 30k a year, paying off a full house renovation she put on her credit card, pays the mortgage on a 850k house and childcare for 2 children etc etc
.what an absolute fraud she is
I wonder how many matches she sold to fund this trip?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
her salary is 30k a year, paying off a full house renovation she put on her credit card
Love all of this comment but this is her worst offence imo. There will be women thinking they’re in the same boat as her making those same shocking decisions now burdened with 30% APRs on tens of thousands of pounds. The ASA/government seriously need to clamp down on this sort of stuff - she’s not FCA regulated so should never be speaking about financing purchases with her audience ffs! Much less in this faux relatable way whilst sitting on piles of generational wealth.

I hope the one good thing that comes out of the CoL crisis/unspoken recession is that these sorts of chancers face a backlash for just how dishonest and irresponsible they are.

Reactions: 15
The best before dates on that plane food are 21/7 so she’s been there for almost a week and she’s pretending she just got there last night 🙄and posting her “trying on summer outfits” reels while she was already on her holiday

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
The best before dates on that plane food are 21/7 so she’s been there for almost a week and she’s pretending she just got there last night 🙄and posting her “trying on summer outfits” reels while she was already on her holiday
This is the kind of detective work I am HERE for!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
She is SO weird. Did she even come back from California? Are the kids really with her parents?? Does Dopey even exist??? Maybe he’s like the clone husband in that episode of Black Mirror who just stands around and does whatever he’s told.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
How weird! Do the dates then tie in with her flying back from Japan via California? Which would maybe explain why she was so broken whenever she was posting about not even managing to have a shower that day - she was fucked from jet lag?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Would definitely make sense that they went from LA to Tokyo to break up the journey. Who tf could deal with two massively long haul flights in the space of two weeks otherwise?

Reactions: 6
Amazing skills - this is Jack Monroe thread esque work! Also her whole 'start of the 6 week holidays' looks even more suspect.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.