The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohhh Alex you absolutely ridiculous performative offensive faux povvo 😡 ugh cannot believe she has done this!
2DDE3BB9-866F-4E4B-9A49-EC9672903904.jpeg

Flight to California: £££ 🙄🤪

Comments have a few gems though:
1E3EBE9F-4888-41F0-BBEE-F7B22AF34F02.jpeg

(Nicely done!)
And
5738E89D-178A-40D1-8F37-3FE705C73A1F.jpeg

Yeah getting compared to a fetishist perv is the highest compliment 😂 explains a lot Alex.

Honestly tattlers please send someone to unstick my eyes because they have rolled permanently into the back of my head.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Wondering what Alex bought them from their registry or do we think she tied some candles with pink string to match her dress and gifted those

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ohhh Alex you absolutely ridiculous performative offensive faux povvo 😡 ugh cannot believe she has done this!
View attachment 2301618

View attachment 2301621
(Nicely done!)
And
View attachment 2301624
Yeah getting compared to a fetishist perv is the highest compliment 😂 explains a lot Alex.

Honestly tattlers please send someone to unstick my eyes because they have rolled permanently into the back of my head.
Idk how these lot aren’t absolutely mortified that they’ve got to disclose/defend themselves when they’ve actually paid for something - like it’s such a rarity to not be something they’ve begged for or some shite a brand has sent them for free to try and flog.

Reactions: 8
How many times do you need to spritz a skirt to make up for flying to California for the weekend?

Asking for a (frugal, environmentally conscious) friend

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Making the peasants feel guilty for washing their socks after wearing for the day but flies to west coast USA for a weekend…make it make sense Alex

• Heart
Reactions: 14
View attachment 2301618

View attachment 2301621
(Nicely done!)
And
View attachment 2301624

Someone send this to Shabazsays 🤣🤣

No way did she just do a weekend trip to San Diego, at least 5 days I reckon. Flights to the west coast are so expensive atm even in economy.

Reactions: 3
She’s suuuuch a weirdo! Surely they’ve taken the kids and made a holiday of it? It takes basically 2 days to get to California and then you’re jet lagged for at least 3. She has such a disordered attitude to travel. She’s always kept going to Nerja a secret (which I kind of understand because the accommodation is free). But this trip - are frugal people not allowed to save up and have wonderful holidays?

My other thought is that she’s managed to wangle some kind of “PR trip” to justify the cost of going out there and that’s what we’ll see coming soon…

I am so (irrationally?) annoyed by this and the underhand way she omits the fact she travelled all the way to bleeping California. It's not the fact that she went there - if you have a close friend getting married, go by all means if you can afford it (I absolutely would!)... it's just so at odds with her other performative bullshit.

Things Alex can't afford:
- sourdough
- a TV licence
- Netflix / Disney subscription - free trials only please!
- gifts for friends
- washing her clothes
- fresh food - tinned and beige food only please!

Things that Alex can afford:
- trips to California
- Sezane

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I am so (irrationally?) annoyed by this and the underhand way she omits the fact she travelled all the way to bleeping California. It's not the fact that she went there - if you have a close friend getting married, go by all means if you can afford it (I absolutely would!)... it's just so at odds with her other performative bullshit.

Things Alex can't afford:
- sourdough
- a TV licence
- Netflix / Disney subscription - free trials only please!
- gifts for friends
- washing her clothes
- fresh food - tinned and beige food only please!

Things that Alex can afford:
- trips to California
- Sezane
Exactly! Also renting that dress for 4-5 days minimum is still almost 600 quid. But she’d never dare suggest anyone buy a new £600 dress. That would be so awful for the environment and so luxurious!

Tbh I’m just relieved she’s not dishing out more catastrophic (for the non generationally wealthy) budgeting advice in the current climate - like dw about spending thousands if you put it all on a magical credit card (current APRs between 20% and 35%!)

Reactions: 1
She's backed herself into a massive hole by her initial decision to have a USP of being a frugal fashionista - hence the quiet dropping of The Frugality brand - but unfortunately she can't shake it off so she ends up hiding so much more to make herself still appear frugal that she just ends up looking like her massive tit.

Her biggest issue I think is just not being herself - she is trying all these hats on for her brand (frugal! environmentally conscious!) but because it is all performative gets picked apart in seconds.

Such a shame, as I do think her and Dopey are probably amongst the more normal of the 'grammers out there.

Reactions: 6
Exactly! Also renting that dress for 4-5 days minimum is still almost 600 quid. But she’d never dare suggest anyone buy a new £600 dress. That would be so awful for the environment and so luxurious!
I don’t think the price is per day… surely not?!

Reactions: 1
She’s suuuuch a weirdo! Surely they’ve taken the kids and made a holiday of it?
No, after her post last week about going away by herself I assume Dopey and kids weren’t there. It’s just so weird to keep the location a secret. She wouldn’t have to be specific - just say California. It’s a big place!

Unless of course she’s going to treat us to her Frugal Guide to San Diego later this week?

Reactions: 5
No, after her post last week about going away by herself I assume Dopey and kids weren’t there. It’s just so weird to keep the location a secret. She wouldn’t have to be specific - just say California. It’s a big place!

Unless of course she’s going to treat us to her Frugal Guide to San Diego later this week?
I doubt it. I am sure she wanted to keep it a secret

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.