Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FrankieG

I have unsubscribed to the chateau vloggers. I am appalled by their bottomless pit of opportunism that targets those who are a little lonely and vulnerable. If the vloggers could content themselves with the income generated by the videos through ads, likes, and subscribes then I would be OK with that. It has, however, degenerated into a pile of steaming you-know-what, where I almost expect someone to take the Burberry cap or tiara off their head and hold it out like Oliver Twist. Please sir, can I have some more? Their true colours are coming out as people begin to question the very thin veneer of saving this or restoring that--nasty language, borderline bullying and the exploitation of volunteers who end up doing laundry for a for-profit business (AKA slavery) instead of working on the restoration of a building as implied in the PR. To be fair, it took a while for me to clue into this. At first, there was the Louis Vuitton laptop case, then the LV handbag, but the clincher for me was the Fortnum & Mason hamper at Christmas and now Dan's hairbrained idea to cash in on people's good will with a chateau/community center in the middle of nowhere. My unsolicited advice for anyone who wants to do free building work that is helpful to others is to contact Habitat for Humanity. Donate to a good cause in your own community; if you are lonely, volunteer at a food bank. If you are depressed or anxious, talk to a friend, or better yet, go for a walk if you can. If you are bored, take a free online course. These guys aren't a charity. That little dopamine hit you get when one of them sticks a little heart emoji on your comment or when they tell you (and all their other viewers) how much it means to them that you like, then subscribe, then buy them a coffee, then donate to their Go Fund Me, then become a patron, then become a paying guest at their chateau, after having paid for a plane ticket, rented a car to drive out to the middle of nowhere, to find out that the renovations and restorations have all been shoddily done, and you don't even get to hang out with your hero/heroine might not be worth the investment of your own precious time and money. Vloggers are not real. It is a TV show.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

ChocLili

I’ve tracked down the “forensic IT technology” team, flushing out as we speak.

411C1E1A-547F-448B-956C-C97158756A79.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

Takeaway

Re the Dan & family Chateau grab saga, I am speechless! & have unsubscribed. Out of all the Chateau YouTubers they seemed one of the nicest, in fact at one point Analise was saying the word “literally” about 30 times an episode & when people on here pointed it out she suddenly stopped, I guess she reads tattle 👍 well if you’re reading analise it would be wise after all the generous donations so far & I'm sure there’s a lot we don’t know about. Finish your farm buildings/cottages/barn that you live in, lots of YouTube content there (we never see the rest of their house? It could be a palace for all we know) once you’ve done up the whole house & your acres of land you can sell it & buy the chateau, like people in the real world have to do & not expect other people to pay for it. There are clearly some very vulnerable people watching these channels handing over family heirlooms & wads of cash. It’s getting very dark now with all the begging. I’m amazed a newspaper hasn’t got hold of this yet, it wouldn’t take much for a journalist to work out what’s going on. Ruthy, Potty’s girlfriend used to work for a paper that would love this expose 👀 Daily Mail scoop!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 36

MojoDublin

VIP Member

Attention Brenda Gibbons

I’ll await the technical technology police

as a CONCERNED citizen of Ireland -

During the pandemic you personally routinely documented multiple trips to France flouting the medical advice and government advice TO NOT TRAVEL 🧳 unless for work ...
As your NOT a director of chateaux LALANDE or a business associate

so you carelessly broke the rules and guidelines to NOT Travel

was this at the behest of STEPHANIE JARVIS in order to gain monies to sustain her failing business ?
- February
- March
- April

Have you declared your business income streams ( ie the Tours ) to Irish Revenue for 2020 ?

declaration closed in September for 2019 ......

You clearly advertised tours and STEPHANIE JARVIS on-her vlog promoted that you were charging for tours ...
(advertised on Escape to Chateau LaLande on Facebook @795:00 euros -)

Clarification of how much was STEPHANIE JARVIS % of these monies as she’d need to also have declared to the French authorities ?

Side note 📝
There is no information that you have No registration For a tour operator
- are you even insured???
( or was Chateaux LaLande using THEIR public liability insurance )

The chateau will also need to be investigated for going against the medical 🏥 guidelines in relation to UNNECESSARY Travel 🧳 in 2020

Donegal had Covid significant in numbers higher to any other region in Ireland 🇮🇪 north or south
you spent time hopping jaunty on boats 🚣‍♀️ motorways 🛣 and hotels 🏨
Morally you placed the business welfare of another ABOVE the intrest of your fellow citizens

Let’s be very clear here brenda - and I am calling you out on your Real life name

Multiple pages onFacebook blocked and banned YOU personally and people have reported YOU and BANNED you for your behavior

Your arrogance is only superseded by your complete and utter ingorance

Time Land of LaLande was investigated properly... thank you brenda

Your work is DONE ✅

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

Jeeves

VIP Member
So what’s going to happen in 2021?

My money is on Isabelle hitting the place like a tornado in the spring and takes over fiscal control. Some projects will get modified. Good news is she and Dan will transform the gardens which is why I’m still going to watch.

Evens. Phil and Ange end up in a one bed flat in Tower Hamlets. Chateau Life is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

3/1. Nutty elopes with Selmar to run a tapas bar in the Algarve.

5/1. Marie’s still there next Christmas cooking away.

10/1. PJJ moves back to Holland working as a waiter at SJ’s Georgian friend’s restaurant with ideas of running a trans revue bar with female impersonator acts.

15/1. Potty won’t be spending next Christmas at La Lande.
Gerry elopes with Brenda, where she is busy making little tartan Gerry dolls and selling them on Etsy. Gwen kicks the Trotters out and rumour has it that they are busy renovating a couple of touring caravans parked on a bit of wastle-land at the end of the drive to what was Trotter Towers, now known as Mouchel Manor. This is shortly to reopen as a very classy restaurant run by SJ's musician /chef, who has been carrying on a torrid affair with Gwen whilst Billy has been off with Foul Phil. MP is still trying to work out how to get his Aga in a 14 ft tourer.

ETA: Steff is finally working full time at Emmaus - she's in charge of the porcelain. It keeps her very busy as Cat has returned and finally emptied some of the China Pantry. Mummy got her the job as she says that there is no more pocket money handouts.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I learned a new word today: Unfan! The Urban Dictionary tells me it is "the act of becoming a fan of an entity on Facebook in order to publicly criticise said entity". Never too old to learn:)

Today's Valeriegate has been fascinating. It drew out the very worst of superfans, but I like to think that all of the people that took part or read the thread, however much they might protest, have had a little seed of doubt planted in their minds about the lalanders' conduct over the Xmas period regarding covid. It's not about preserving the fairy tale , or about rules and regulations, or about personal beliefs, it's about simply being sensible and caring for yourself and for others. Even if your government says that gatherings are allowed it doesn't mean to say that you should have them. For me, if there is even the slightest risk then the decision is easy. None of those people needed to be there.

I believe that LOTLL would have garnered a lot more respect (and followers = $$$) if she had cancelled the Xmas/New Year celebrations and shown solidarity with all her fans around the world, not one of which could possibly have been untouched by covid. Just imagine the sympathy, PR and patrons that would have poured in if she had vlogged herself alone at the shatoo at Xmas, wandering around with blankets and hot water bottles, dreaming of all the wonderful things she was going to do when things were back to normal. (The icing on the cake would have been if that falling tree had actually damaged the chapel - just think of all the extra money that could have brought in :LOL:.

A final thought: much as I enjoyed all the comments on SJ Personal FB today, I wonder if there is going to be a vacancy for a Virtual Assistant very soon. I'm sure SJ would have wanted it to have been nipped in the bud early on and not allowed to go on so long. Yvonne will be on the naughty step tonight. Who will apply? My money is on Jill Scott, unless of course Brenda steps in..........
As I now declare that je suis Valerie I would like to say that I had a message from Virtual Assistant Yvonne. Without going into detail she has her own personal worries at the moment. I guess she is another victim of the manipulative chatelaine. Hopefully she will get out of the role soon & not be tarred with the same brush. As you say, I hope that I have given some pause for thought with her fans. Maybe some of the other party collaborators will see that not everyone is on Team Stephanie. I think today, when I heard of someone else I know who is quite ill with Covid it made me see red & I saw the bloody message from lazy arse, narcissist SJ & I couldn't resist breaking cover. Nous sommes tous Valerie x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

La Brocanteuse

Do old French chateaux cast some sort of haunted spell, disproportionately affecting Brits, which causes those living souls to lose any sense of rational thought and financial acumen?
In Dan’s case, I think charity really should begin at home. He has a lot on his plate already with his own house and two young boys who need him.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Seriously, I think it is best if I leave under this nom de plume. I've had a couple of messages telling me to back off on SJ. I've had 4 views of my Linked In profile yesterday/today. I've set my FB to highest security settings & made my Instagram account private. Seeing some of the reactions of the SJ fans I think it's best I lay low for a bit. Had another message from YV - confirming that she does not get paid for what she does (??WTF??!!) "If you wish to continue this discussion, you will have to do so with Stephanie." - replied that I didn't want to bother her with something trivial (sarcasm alert). Needless to say that went right over her head & have been told that she's removing me from her list of contacts. How will I survive? Have blocked most of the crazies but it looks like my comment has been removed so can't see them all anyway. Good luck tattlers, weeping into my toile de jouy hankie x
I know that you have said you are fed up with all this, and I don't blame you. It's easy to come back under another name if that would make you more comfortable, just don't leave altogether.
Please know that single handedly I believe you were responsible for: questions being asked that should have been addressed long ago about serious issues surrounding the lalander's attitude to covid; planting many seeds of doubt in closed minds about where the fairy tale ends and real life begins; remaining calm and standing up for yourself against the most vile of comments on FB; keeping the conversation going in spite of attempts to frighten you off; indirectly revealing a really ugly side of BG (whether you are a SJ fan or not - who needs PR like that from a mod?); and exposing a couple of superfans whose extreme comments will hopefully make SJ realise what she might be up against if they should happen to turn against her. She said in a recent patron video that she wants a lock put on the new china pantry door. Maybe she should consider a rather more robust approach to her own safety rather than fuss about protecting her porcelain.
So, I think you did a massive amout of good in one day and I join others who have said they have 'got your back' if you need us. I believe that both fans, ex-fans and SJ herself will all benefit from your efforts in one way or the other.👏👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 29

66carola

Chatty Member
SJ on patreon:
Since so many viewers begged for it I decided to open a go fund me to finance the heavy penalty we have to pay for being 42 people at Xmas. I am embarrassed to say that I let myself trick to stage a huge party lasting for 2 weeks with people coming and going from all over Europe. I thought this time I do just the opposite what government tells me to do, since back then when I followed the waterpolice I lost my beloved lake. So instead of opening the valves and let the water go I opened the chateau doors and let my people come. And anyway being a Brit since Brexit other rules apply to me....
I was so wrong when I thought in this freezing cold a virus could not survive, but my mother who once was the Head of nurses was in South Africa and I was all by myself and couldn't ask anybody.
I believed a hot spot is my neighbours barn where we finally managed to install better WiFi connection. I thought superspread is a delicious variety of Nutella to put on baguette on my fancy dishes. And since we live here in isolation anyway I thought we are not contagious. I truely believed that the only infectious thing at Lalande is my laughter.
We are now forced by government to quarantine for 14 days which unfortunately means that I won't be able to vlog but I can promise that life at Lalande continues as we are all used to, you all just won't be able to see us party. All funds generated meanwhile will guaranteed only be used to finance the alcohol, which we also can use to disinfect so this is a win/win, too. I hugely appreciate your support so please let's not flatten my patreon donation curve! Thanks so much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Most of the stuff comes from the US, Australia and Canada and you have to pay import duty on those parcels. Galling if they contain only tat.

As for those sad people hanging around for a Christmas Day video, I am sure SJ mentioned several times in advance that she was creating 24 vlogs in the lead up to Christmas. Last year it was meant to be 24 and she added the Christmas Day one as a last-minute bonus. So people expected one even though that wasn’t on the table...
It is sad, but I started watching during lockdown just to have something a bit light weight in the midst of all the bleakness. But when I caught up to when it was the start of the gift opening I really started to get irritated. Also, I guess binge watching makes someone's traits come into sharp focus & it was the absolute fey behaviour of SJ that started to jar. A woman of that age with no apparent employment history, swanning around on holidays, drinks parties & shopping - but relying on paetron money to do up her house for her. Some might think it is jealousy, but it's not that. It's that I've always been brought up to work for what you have & I take pride in that.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Raspberrybrulee

I've just caught up on the last 24 hours of posts and I'm exhausted! I have noticed that Brenda's tone is particularly jubilant at the moment and also her number of subscribers has gone up massively and C-bomb's has gone down so I expect that has something to do with it.

In the spirit of fairness I wanted to say that I don't think Stephanie is particularly targeting the old, lonely or vulnerable. People give her things of their own free will - no-one has to send her anything. Her channel is available completely free of charge for anyone who wants to watch it. People send gifts as a thank you because Stephanie's vlogs give them pleasure.

And let me just add (before I'm accused of being a superfan!) that I'm saying this from the position of someone who can't actually watch Cadeaux at the Chateau as I find it way too cringey, awkward and over the top. I also think that the excessive thanks for everything are insincere because a lot of what they get sent really is crap. When someone is overly effusive and gives rapturous praise for every single thing it just devalues the currency.

Reactions: 25

Pno

VIP Member
I’m such a troll! Just asked on Cadeaux if everyone made it home safely to Paris, Bordeaux, the Netherlands and Belgium. Wonder how long until Jill Scott comes after me....

• Haha
  • Heart

Incognito Chatelaine

So what’s going to happen in 2021?

My money is on Isabelle hitting the place like a tornado in the spring and takes over fiscal control. Some projects will get modified. Good news is she and Dan will transform the gardens which is why I’m still going to watch.

Evens. Phil and Ange end up in a one bed flat in Tower Hamlets. Chateau Life is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

3/1. Nutty elopes with Selmar to run a tapas bar in the Algarve.

5/1. Marie’s still there next Christmas cooking away.

10/1. PJJ moves back to Holland working as a waiter at SJ’s Georgian friend’s restaurant with ideas of running a trans revue bar with female impersonator acts.

15/1. Potty won’t be spending next Christmas at La Lande.
This thread is more entertaining than the vlog itself!

• Heart
  • Haha

LB89

I've been catching up on all the fb group shenanigans related on here and one couldn't make it up! BG calling tattlers out for their "verbal brutality" when some of her folk are literally comparing a commenter with absolutely valid (and politely presented) criticism with a Nazi... truly flabbergasting!

At least that presents some ideas for the next thread title... Chateau Diaries #8: Nous sommes tous Valerie? lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Oh my, the LOTLL Facebook defence comments are beyond ridiculous. One says “Valerie should be kicked out of this group for unfan conduct”. Huh?????

Exceptional work Agents. One can still be a ‘fan’ and question the judgement of the chatelaine on occasion. Once again, the near real time nature of the edited YT vlog medium proves to be fascinating. Add in the real time social media aspect, and the $$$, and life for the amateur modern ‘star’ gets ‘interesting’.
I learned a new word today: Unfan! The Urban Dictionary tells me it is "the act of becoming a fan of an entity on Facebook in order to publicly criticise said entity". Never too old to learn:)

Today's Valeriegate has been fascinating. It drew out the very worst of superfans, but I like to think that all of the people that took part or read the thread, however much they might protest, have had a little seed of doubt planted in their minds about the lalanders' conduct over the Xmas period regarding covid. It's not about preserving the fairy tale , or about rules and regulations, or about personal beliefs, it's about simply being sensible and caring for yourself and for others. Even if your government says that gatherings are allowed it doesn't mean to say that you should have them. For me, if there is even the slightest risk then the decision is easy. None of those people needed to be there.

I believe that LOTLL would have garnered a lot more respect (and followers = $$$) if she had cancelled the Xmas/New Year celebrations and shown solidarity with all her fans around the world, not one of which could possibly have been untouched by covid. Just imagine the sympathy, PR and patrons that would have poured in if she had vlogged herself alone at the shatoo at Xmas, wandering around with blankets and hot water bottles, dreaming of all the wonderful things she was going to do when things were back to normal. (The icing on the cake would have been if that falling tree had actually damaged the chapel - just think of all the extra money that could have brought in :LOL:.

A final thought: much as I enjoyed all the comments on SJ Personal FB today, I wonder if there is going to be a vacancy for a Virtual Assistant very soon. I'm sure SJ would have wanted it to have been nipped in the bud early on and not allowed to go on so long. Yvonne will be on the naughty step tonight. Who will apply? My money is on Jill Scott, unless of course Brenda steps in..........

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24