The Chateau Diaries #7 Chateaux ignored, add to the hoard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I also just seen that. I saw somewhere Brenda spends 7-15 hours a day? On lalande for free.

So I’m happy she gets to make some money from the her Etsy shop maybe that lalande calendar will fund her up and coming trip to see her friends.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Oh I also just seen that. I saw somewhere Brenda spends 7-15 hours a day? On lalande for free.

So I’m happy she gets to make some money from the her Etsy shop maybe that lalande calendar will fund her up and coming trip to see her friends.
I’ve just been looking at her Etsy shop and was really tempted to buy the last piece of fabric to stick on eBay but a. Didn’t want to give BG my money and B. I would probably get a piece which had a tiny piece of LLande at the side only 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Philip fills the lapdog role because he's got absolutely no skills or talents apart from being her Stan. The other performers are busy doing their own thing so they are weaker ego fuel because they can't devote 100% to fawning. Plus he is obviously all the old birds' crush. So it makes her look hot & lucky that she's got this young man as her prince consort. But once the world opens up & fresh blood turns up at the chateau, he'll be put in the loft.
Perhaps we could do a GoFundMe page for Brenda to get her back to her wee bit of France? For like a month? !!!
I was actually fantasising, while doing the washing up, (and I accuse the fanatics of having no life) - of us all chipping in a few sponduliks to send one of us, longest serving member perhaps, to LaLaLand as a B&B guest, or one of the super agents, who could maybe have a spy camera embedded in their specs and film all that goes on.. causally strolling into the kitchen just as LOLL is shrieking at the unpaid staff for not scrubbing the floors properly or catching her lashing them with a cat-o-nine-tails screaming faster faster as they separate her Spode from her Bernadau plates. Or catch BJJ desperately salvaging hair from the plug holes and sticking them back on his head with an upholstery stapler... seriously though it would be great to get a true view and feel of the real vibe at the shack, record and report... any volunteers?

Stephanie should spend a little time studying “how to film and edit a vlog” and watch Kylie Flavell. She is also pretty dam handy at renovating... I’ve only watched a couple and the “vanity” shots are a bit annoying but her vlogs are beautifully curated and filmed. Kylie is like Emirates first class suite cabin while Stephanie is Ryanair middle seat last row beside the bogs. Get past the dramatic intro to see more of what she’s about.
I have a watched some of Kylie Flavell's videos and I agree re the vanity shots, however, to be fair, this is Kylie's profession. If you read her CV, you will see that she has worked in TV for Nat Geo, among others. That said, her content is very refined and sympathetic to her environment, her viewers and herself. I don't see it as the same light-hearted "entertainment" that seems to be SJ's brand, although SJ has really gone overboard with the "lighthearted" into vacuous and pointless most of the time.

***I just read the other posts and sorry as this has already been said by others on this thread***
[/QUOTE]
Ok in fairness she for sure does have the professional edge and equipment and experience in film making and production. But she is just so much more palatable than SJ.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve just been looking at her Etsy shop and was really tempted to buy the last piece of fabric to stick on eBay but a. Didn’t want to give BG my money and B. I would probably get a piece which had a tiny piece of LLande at the side only 😂😂😂
It was for a tiny 50cm x 50cm. Guess you could always cut smaller blocks to make even more money

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just popped in here when I saw Kylie Flavell mentioned. Yes, agree she's a talented image maker and linguist but have never subscribed because of her relentless begging little-girl voice, saying how much time & effort and expense goes into making her videos and SO needs funding from her followers, also often accompanied by psychobabble talks aimed at her 'tribe'. So manulative. Her past career includes a 600 page book written at 20,
unpublished not because It may not have been good enough but because she should have kept on plugging It - similarly, sending off hundreds of film projects & trying to work in the UK and Italy with little success She always blames others of course. She seems a bit more grounded now having had to leave Florence & move in with a laconic Tuscan but all her vlogs are so heavily staged I find them cloying. Oh yes, those stencilled tiles in kitchen and bathroom makeover - good but again a fake veneer. Difference Is Stephanie stumbled on to vlogging rather than treating It as a career, so yes Ryanair but It has Revolution used air travel - Just joking!
Hey Spirit, agree.(y) Had a look, she's pretty, but very annoying. And not hot. She can take her classy calm elsewhere:rolleyes:, I'm off to premier giftgrabbing with crazy Lalanders! Let's see how long I last...

• Haha
Reactions: 9

this is reminding me of a podcast situation ... Have you all heard of My Favorite Murder? It’s a true crime podcast and when it started they made a Facebook group for the listeners. A lot of listeners were super crafty and made all sorts of podcast related craft things and sold on Etsy. At first the hosts were like omgg this is so cool! and I think couldn’t believe people were making stuff because of their own little podcast. But then they got super super popular really fast and after awhile had to shut down the Facebook group because it got out of control. And then eventually had to send cease and desists to people to get them to stop selling podcast related things. There is more to the story but that’s basically the long and short of it. I can’t see how BG can give away something that is supposed to be reserved for *top tier* patrons? And then make $$ off the chateau image ... I foresee messiness in the future.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Haven’t been watching latest vlogs, just peeked at the latest gift grab… These people are more shallow than the non-existent lake. Not even fun to criticize anymore...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I was actually fantasising, while doing the washing up, (and I accuse the fanatics of having no life) - of us all chipping in a few sponduliks to send one of us, longest serving member perhaps, to LaLaLand as a B&B guest, or one of the super agents, who could maybe have a spy camera embedded in their specs and film all that goes on.. causally strolling into the kitchen just as LOLL is shrieking at the unpaid staff for not scrubbing the floors properly or catching her lashing them with a cat-o-nine-tails screaming faster faster as they separate her Spode from her Bernadau plates. Or catch BJJ desperately salvaging hair from the plug holes and sticking them back on his head with an upholstery stapler... seriously though it would be great to get a true view and feel of the real vibe at the shack, record and report... any volunteers?

I have a watched some of Kylie Flavell's videos and I agree re the vanity shots, however, to be fair, this is Kylie's profession. If you read her CV, you will see that she has worked in TV for Nat Geo, among others. That said, her content is very refined and sympathetic to her environment, her viewers and herself. I don't see it as the same light-hearted "entertainment" that seems to be SJ's brand, although SJ has really gone overboard with the "lighthearted" into vacuous and pointless most of the time.

***I just read the other posts and sorry as this has already been said by others on this thread***
Ok in fairness she for sure does have the professional edge and equipment and experience in film making and production. But she is just so much more palatable than SJ.
[/QUOTE]
Visualising BJJ sticking his hair back on with a stapler made me snort with laughter. His nostrils are obviously transmitting across La Manche. .

• Heart
  • Haha
I still have very reasonably priced commemorative tea-towels in stock . . . see #3 thread, post #234 (gosh, seems so long ago!)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I just managed to open a cobwebby cupboard in my brain and found exactly the thing I was looking for... Camera-shy Brenda Gibbons having tea and scones with MP at Château de la Basmaignée in the very first episode of Doing it Ourselves. She even mentions craic two or three times... You’re welcome!
Start from around 16:30

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I just managed to open a cobwebby cupboard in my brain and found exactly the thing I was looking for... Camera-shy Brenda Gibbons having tea and scones with MP at Château de la Basmaignée in the very first episode of Doing it Ourselves. She even mentions craic two or three times... You’re welcome!
Start from around 16:30
Good job Agent @La Brocanteuse
She sounds as annoying as she looks. I wonder what happened (probably involving Sheree Petherick) for her to basically switch from Trotter support to LOTLL support (after the great admin battle of 2020)? MP’s vlogs haven’t really moved on have they? Dull, boring, annoying laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Good job Agent @La Brocanteuse
She sounds as annoying as she looks. I wonder what happened (probably involving Sheree Petherick) for her to basically switch from Trotter support to LOTLL support (after the great admin battle of 2020)? MP’s vlogs haven’t really moved on have they? Dull, boring, annoying laugh.
Thank you! I wondered exactly the same thing... Would love to get to the bottom of all that. For some weird reason!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Brenda's "full of notions"? I'd describe her as "full of something else"!
Did you notice how even his cream of tartar and bicarb came from Sainsbury? Sure you must be able to buy this in France! Despite using Mary Berry's recipe for scones, they looked more like rock buns.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just popped in here when I saw Kylie Flavell mentioned. Yes, agree she's a talented image maker and linguist but have never subscribed because of her relentless begging little-girl voice, saying how much time & effort and expense goes into making her videos and SO needs funding from her followers, also often accompanied by psychobabble talks aimed at her 'tribe'. So manulative. Her past career includes a 600 page book written at 20,
unpublished not because It may not have been good enough but because she should have kept on plugging It - similarly, sending off hundreds of film projects & trying to work in the UK and Italy with little success She always blames others of course. She seems a bit more grounded now having had to leave Florence & move in with a laconic Tuscan but all her vlogs are so heavily staged I find them cloying. Oh yes, those stencilled tiles in kitchen and bathroom makeover - good but again a fake veneer. Difference Is Stephanie stumbled on to vlogging rather than treating It as a career, so yes Ryanair but It has Revolution used air travel - Just joking!
Agree with you @Spirit of place I am not a Kylie Flavell fan either.

I’m such a troll! Just asked on Cadeaux if everyone made it home safely to Paris, Bordeaux, the Netherlands and Belgium. Wonder how long until Jill Scott comes after me....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m such a troll! Just asked on Cadeaux if everyone made it home safely to Paris, Bordeaux, the Netherlands and Belgium. Wonder how long until Jill Scott comes after me....
Well done, I just liked your comment.

I think it is important to remind people of their moral obligations, even if Jill deletes the comment eventually.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Just liked your comment!
Me too! I sympathised in the live comments with the chap who said he has been diagnosed with Covid - and went on to say how irresponsible it was for people to have had large gatherings over Christmas and New Year. No comments!😈

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.