The Chateau Diaries #7 Chateaux ignored, add to the hoard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Though it's not only SJ to blame. All the 15 others share responsibility, too. They all should have known better. Neither Nati or Selmar or Nick/Marie or even Isabelle objected to it? How come? Most of them coming from even different countries to a freezing château just for some Xmas stockings? And with kids? There's more wrong here! Or do they all believe in conspiracy theory?
Ooh yeah, you’re right are they at least partial conspiracy theorists?
Stephanie, dead honest here, do you believe covid is a conspiracy?

Because your behaviour suggests you do.
But how is it essential travel for Kim and her family? The rest I guess can say they either live there or are there for ‘work’. I am assuming Kim’s husband was avoiding being documented since he is a professor. Not sure how it is with in person classes etc in NED but a woman from Chicago who sits on their Board of Education has been fighting for kids to stay home to protect teachers. She was just busted vacationing in Puerto Rico (which technically is not leaving the US) and was fired. So non-essential travel to party can’t be good for one’s career when they are paid by the government.
Agree!

Stephanie lied by omission when she said her friend Kim was here.....and her husband and child.

It’s damn near criminal of him as a public sector employee, paid by the tax payer, to sneak off to France for the holidays. Hope his students find Tattle and rat him out! If he gets covid from being irresponsible it’s the Dutch taxpayer who’ll be covering the cost.

A negative covid test isn’t a license to have parties and cross borders. It doesn’t mean you are immune. It’s still possible to get a false positive or negative.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Absolutely agree, Sandro. My family spent a crap Christmas in France because we stuck by the rules. Haven't seen my in laws for months.
The Chateau machine should be more mindful of the influence they probably have.
I have lost a lot of respect for Stephanie. I thought she was better than this.
Speaking of sticking to the rules, I am less disappointed in SJ than I am in the people who showed up at La Lalande for Christmas and NYE. A CV-19 test before showing up means nothing if the person being tested does not quarantine for at least seven days. Any of the existing residents, Selmar, Nati, Marie or Philip could have gone off the grounds and contracted CV-19 so even if a visitor arrived CV-19 free, they could still contract it while there. SJ could not have a party for 12,14 or 16 people if no one showed up. There was not a mask in sight when people were interacting indoors with other people who do not appear to have quarantined. I am speaking to you Man-Child Potts, Ruth, Hash, Davey, Elusive Nic and Marie.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
But how is it essential travel for Kim and her family? The rest I guess can say they either live there or are there for ‘work’. I am assuming Kim’s husband was avoiding being documented since he is a professor. Not sure how it is with in person classes etc in NED but a woman from Chicago who sits on their Board of Education has been fighting for kids to stay home to protect teachers. She was just busted vacationing in Puerto Rico (which technically is not leaving the US) and was fired. So non-essential travel to party can’t be good for one’s career when they are paid by the government.
He is professor of communication and studied theather or what so all of them can practically say that they were there working, but are they?
Btw this is how my french and german acquaintances were going around to berlin, to munich, to paris to trier ... greeks to greece, italians to italy ...to visit (only belgium was tightly shut) i know we need essential workers from behind the borders so they cannot shut it down but people are still missusing it and pretending to go to or back to work (pretending that they are living outside the country/be citizes/residents of the other country when it suits them just to go visit someone not necessarily a family or just shopping ... or party/diner/dates...) so what i see with princess javis and her crumbling party castle is nothing new but continually without any sense of morality or responsibility

How prince P forgot that some of us still ahve grandparent who we love and want to keep them alive. How would react if the roles were reversed and someone would spread it to his granparents who were precious to him, would he feel differently if that was a possibility and he could have prevented it? Because some of us still have precious grandparents alive and people caring for them are afraid to go even shopping/ to pharmacy or a doctor bc everytime they go it is like a russian roulette...

So Jarvis bunch hiding people in the corridors and behind courtines is not cutting it;
i hope that gin tastes way bitter this time...

Dear Brenda - the name-dropping queen. Is it unhealthy to despise someone you’ve never met and only glimpsed a fuzzy pic of? Her posts now smack of gloating (after the superfan war between Donegal and Cbomb), name-dropping and general low grade uncraic (I just made up that word). Aaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhh!!
This lady is delusional
Also confirmed that steffis lifelong dream was to be a princess 👸

Last edited:
  • Heart
Imar used to live in his augmented reality and forgot what he teaches in his social media classes and only now realized that we are onto him and hid his info from FB but as he is public employee, he forgot that his info is public....and he is paid from our taxes (not only by nederland but also european... they keep forgetting from where the money for their projects are comming from....)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Imar has been at Lalaland for business, for sure. As media consultant for SJ.
Teaching her "How to create content from nothing". ;)

Screenshot (954).png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Is this thread about the people on the channel four Show
It is mostly about Stephanie Jarvis who appeared on Escape to the Chateau DIY and her YT channel Chateau Diaries. It also discusses the Pethericks who also appeared in Escape to the Chateau DIY. (Michael Petherick appeared in the original Escape to the Chateau series.) There has been significant crossover between SJ's Chateau Diaries and MP's channel Doing It Ourselves. There are spinoffs from both Chateau Diaries (Escape to Rural France, Selmar Duin) and Doing It Ourselves (The Pethericks, Life of Ryan) which are frequently referred to here. Read some of the earlier threads, lots of interesting info.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Haha I would think Petherick would hate Philip for usurping his position as Stephanie's sexually ambiguous, boy sidekick.

Philip is much better at the job too. He is competent and actually useful and completes tasks, like upholstering the sofa, framing everything from the gift grab, running errands at bricomarche.
What has Michael ever completed? His cottage sounds a shambles. Remember Stephanie gave him yards of expensive brocade to make an 18th century dressing gown.......does he ever finish anything?
I can't agree that Petite Philip is better as a dashing page boy for Queen Stef. Petherick is a tad more masculine (thereby getting a few old dears' hearts fluttering). He appears to be able to do some elements of DIY/repairs. He can cook, he is artistic..oh & he can do Stef's hair & makeup. So far we have seen Philip learning how to do one upholstery job, staple some fabric into an antique travel case and lay umpteen table settings. I think he has a bit more about him than baby Phil. But they're both grifters that's for sure.

SJ on patreon:
Since so many viewers begged for it I decided to open a go fund me to finance the heavy penalty we have to pay for being 42 people at Xmas. I am embarrassed to say that I let myself trick to stage a huge party lasting for 2 weeks with people coming and going from all over Europe. I thought this time I do just the opposite what government tells me to do, since back then when I followed the waterpolice I lost my beloved lake. So instead of opening the valves and let the water go I opened the chateau doors and let my people come. And anyway being a Brit since Brexit other rules apply to me....
I was so wrong when I thought in this freezing cold a virus could not survive, but my mother who once was the Head of nurses was in South Africa and I was all by myself and couldn't ask anybody.
I believed a hot spot is my neighbours barn where we finally managed to install better WiFi connection. I thought superspread is a delicious variety of Nutella to put on baguette on my fancy dishes. And since we live here in isolation anyway I thought we are not contagious. I truely believed that the only infectious thing at Lalande is my laughter.
We are now forced by government to quarantine for 14 days which unfortunately means that I won't be able to vlog but I can promise that life at Lalande continues as we are all used to, you all just won't be able to see us party. All funds generated meanwhile will guaranteed only be used to finance the alcohol, which we also can use to disinfect so this is a win/win, too. I hugely appreciate your support so please let's not flatten my patreon donation curve! Thanks so much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
When you think about the adults who have travelled across countries some with children to party at a chateau during a pandemic. MP & Ruthie, Imar & Kim, Nic & Marie & Hash & Dave. It's one thing to drive within a country but across borders? Does Nic never see his own family (his sister is an artist mentioned by SJ, she painted SJ early in her career)? does Ruth not have family? Does Marie not have french family or were they with them before travelling to LaLa. The second virus wave is very contagious and already in Europe. The more I think about it the more astounded I am.
I am wondering why that is why Ruth is not appearing in anything, because she does not agree with it & doesn't want to be associated with rule breaking from her own professional perspective or is actually actively trying to distance herself physically from the hoards too?

SJ on patreon:
Since so many viewers begged for it I decided to open a go fund me to finance the heavy penalty we have to pay for being 42 people at Xmas. I am embarrassed to say that I let myself trick to stage a huge party lasting for 2 weeks with people coming and going from all over Europe. I thought this time I do just the opposite what government tells me to do, since back then when I followed the waterpolice I lost my beloved lake. So instead of opening the valves and let the water go I opened the chateau doors and let my people come. And anyway being a Brit since Brexit other rules apply to me....
I was so wrong when I thought in this freezing cold a virus could not survive, but my mother who once was the Head of nurses was in South Africa and I was all by myself and couldn't ask anybody.
I believed a hot spot is my neighbours barn where we finally managed to install better WiFi connection. I thought superspread is a delicious variety of Nutella to put on baguette on my fancy dishes. And since we live here in isolation anyway I thought we are not contagious. I truely believed that the only infectious thing at Lalande is my laughter.
We are now forced by government to quarantine for 14 days which unfortunately means that I won't be able to vlog but I can promise that life at Lalande continues as we are all used to, you all just won't be able to see us party. All funds generated meanwhile will guaranteed only be used to finance the alcohol, which we also can use to disinfect so this is a win/win, too. I hugely appreciate your support so please let's not flatten my patreon donation curve! Thanks so much.
Genius.

Speaking of sticking to the rules, I am less disappointed in SJ than I am in the people who showed up at La Lalande for Christmas and NYE. A CV-19 test before showing up means nothing if the person being tested does not quarantine for at least seven days. Any of the existing residents, Selmar, Nati, Marie or Philip could have gone off the grounds and contracted CV-19 so even if a visitor arrived CV-19 free, they could still contract it while there. SJ could not have a party for 12,14 or 16 people if no one showed up. There was not a mask in sight when people were interacting indoors with other people who do not appear to have quarantined. I am speaking to you Man-Child Potts, Ruth, Hash, Davey, Elusive Nic and Marie.
Plus even if SJ thinks it is all a hoax &/or 'there's hardly any cases here' blah then has she not got an obligation under French Health & Safety law to keep Natti safe as she is an employee of hers now?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
what do you think her fans would say if they knew that 10 people traveled around Europe and landed in lalaland to drink eat and have a party time, while other sit at home not seeing their families, or better, are at work and fight to save lives of their family members, would they consider it escapism or would they find it inconsiderate, selfish and vile
They should know since they watched the same video unless they can't count till 6?🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I am obviously not disputing this, I was merely pointing out that she was not breaking the law. I have been on my own since March. I lost my main source of income. I get it.
What I am saying is that if I was one of the party pack I would have done my homework before attending. They are, after all intelligent, professionals who surely can't be unaware of the various regulations in their own areas. So if I, in a matter of minutes, can find the advice then how come none of them did. Or if they did, what made them think they were so special that they could ignore it. I have been on my own too since March, I have not been able to work also because my jobs are events based, which has died up & have had to dip into savings etc to get buy. I literally have done nothing to break the rules & this selfish entitled bunch are flaunting their behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
They should know sine they watched he same video unless they can't count till 6?🤔
brilian post - finance the alcohol, which we also can use to disinfect so this is a win/win 🤣 🤣 🤣

They should know sine they watched he same video unless they can't count till 6?🤔
I dont think it will hit them since she is constantly shoveling the idea of - one household - we all live here - just 12 of us - into their subliminal reception
and the rest will not go and investigate the mystery man, Gauliano from the rota board, his friend, hidden behind the curtains/in the attic/cupboards/stables ...also will not realize that there were 21 of them at some point or another or even more like the anonymous present givers, nativity set drop offers, makeup artist etc.
they will just go with what fanatic Brenda writes about it on the FB page - how steffi was a fantastic caring princess all year long and deserves jet another present and their devoted support for it

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Haha I would think Petherick would hate Philip for usurping his position as Stephanie's sexually ambiguous, boy sidekick.

Philip is much better at the job too. He is competent and actually useful and completes tasks, like upholstering the sofa, framing everything from the gift grab, running errands at bricomarche.
What has Michael ever completed? His cottage sounds a shambles. Remember Stephanie gave him yards of expensive brocade to make an 18th century dressing gown.......does he ever finish anything?
And he sings and dances, is easy on the eye, speaks multiple languages and seems to work diligently.

What I am saying is that if I was one of the party pack I would have done my homework before attending. They are, after all intelligent, professionals who surely can't be unaware of the various regulations in their own areas. So if I, in a matter of minutes, can find the advice then how come none of them did. Or if they did, what made them think they were so special that they could ignore it. I have been on my own too since March, I have not been able to work also because my jobs are events based, which has died up & have had to dip into savings etc to get buy. I literally have done nothing to break the rules & this selfish entitled bunch are flaunting their behaviour.
I wouldn't find so may people being willing to break the rules even if I would stage a party😁

If 12 or 16 doesn't matter, when there are 300 friends waiting in lifechats to come together 😂😂😂

Yeah, her stange curlers she wore all day didn't make that look happen!
Wondering if we are missing the missing Petherick in the party? After all he had a faux Xmas lunch which was clearly before Christmas. The delivery of his present to him by Kat could've been a red herring to make it look like he wasn't attending. The ring, the nativity could've been gifts from him? And styling by him of her hair & makeup literally pasted on with his decorator's paint brushes??

Reactions: 5
Wondering if we are missing the missing Petherick in the party? After all he had a faux Xmas lunch which was clearly before Christmas. The delivery of his present to him by Kat could've been a red herring to make it look like he wasn't attending. The ring, the nativity could've been gifts from him? And styling by him of her hair & makeup literally pasted on with his decorator's paint brushes??
Yes, someone else definitely did her make up for that vlog, the painted-in eyebrows are a dead giveaway.

• Heart
I wouldn't find so may people being willing to break the rules even if I would stage a party😁
Dear Brenda - the name-dropping queen. Is it unhealthy to despise someone you’ve never met and only glimpsed a fuzzy pic of? Her posts now smack of gloating (after the superfan war between Donegal and Cbomb), name-dropping and general low grade uncraic (I just made up that word). Aaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhh!!
OMG, this is somewhat scarry.

Reactions: 2
I agree wholeheartedly. Mine was a people facing business too and the thing that helped me feel less alone. I have no savings so things are a bit tit right now to put it mildly. I have always just about scraped by but even my frugal lifestyle is challenging. So yes, a sharp contrast to the goings on at the chateau...

• Sad
I wonder if any of them will apologize for the lack of judgment, Steffi doesn't give a dam, but at least the professor should have

I also wonder where MP was hidden all this time, let's timeline his whereabouts

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.