Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Allen

More odds for 2021.

20/1. MP‘s AGA blows up and demolishes the cottage. Ma Petherick starts a GoFundMe page to buy him a microwave.

500/1. SJ wins I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

1000/1. Selma wins Strictly Come Dancing.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Espe

VIP Member
Prepare yourselves for more groundhog days in the near future. Not sure I can bear to see SJ and PP choosing which dinner service and tablecoth to use for New Year's Eve dinner, and Marie doing the florals for the table. Maybe everyone will have to be given a New Year's present. Good job Gerry's not there or we'd have to watch first footing with pieces of coal, sourdough bread, and litres of whisky. Perhaps Marie will do a Goddess Worskhop where everyone writes down their NY resolutions, (e.g. I will not buy any more porcelain; I don't need another gown; I will get up at 7a.m.; I will try to stop my fake gushing; I will lable the decorations boxes so I don't have to buy thousands of new tree lights next December; I will pay for the restoration of my own home; I will stop acting like a five year old; I won't accept free labour). Then, on 6th Jan, there'll be a cake with a hidden object in it and the finder will get a paper crown; there may be dancing round the tree in Scandinavian style before it's thrown out; there may be a visit to the chapel and a chance for SJ to warble "We three Kings". Brace yoursleves for all that. Then, it'll revert to more Cadeaux opening and Brocante visits (if it's open) until it's Easter party time or time for Madame to jet off on holiday and have another spendfest! I can't wait.

• Haha
  • Heart

NotAChatelaine

VIP Member
Do old French chateaux cast some sort of haunted spell, disproportionately affecting Brits, which causes those living souls to lose any sense of rational thought and financial acumen?
YouTubeitis, with mutant strains known as Patreonitis and GoFundMeitis.

• Haha

ChocLili

Queen Brenda is now running a "Who is your La La Land (spelling deliberate) soul mate" quiz. And people are doing it! It's like a children's/preteen's thing you see for K-pop or UK idol stars. How do Selma or Marie allow their photos/images to be used like this? This is not classy at all.
I didn’t do the quiz but I did pop a comment in that I was matched to Ruby the cat 🐈 - no reaction. . .

• Haha

ChocLili

The fans on Brenda’s page are champing at the bit.
Some bedtime reading for you all.
Imagine having the frustrated gentlewomen of halfway round the globe squabbling about vlog posts.
I particularly like the reply quoting the Patreon monthly quota.
And it’s all on the recently anointed super-admin Donegal Brenda’s page! Why? Because crazy Brenda decided to post a handy ‘schedule’ of vlogs, probably without consulting the high priestess LOTLL. You couldn’t make this up. The fans are better entertainment than the vlogs. Steph’s eye must be twitching like mad right now. I thought she sorted the internet issues with the dodgy antenna on the neighbour’s hay barn? Where’s Hanni’s wonderful gift of a satellite dish? Come to think of it, is Hanni still inside the couch PP the Nostril of Lalande upholstered? Gold, I tell you, gold (don’t tell the Trotters that there’s gold at the chateau).

• Haha
  • Heart

NorrisCS

Yes, I totally agree that she almost cringes when anyone else becomes the focus of attention. The acquisitiveness and materialistic lifestyle really annoy me and the fact that she seems to rely on others to fund the restoration when she is obviously very much more privileged than many of her donors are. However, what is really beginning to make me even more irritated is her manner; her need to be the centre of everything; her vanity; her mannersisms and body language and the awful fake background laughing when others are talking. She is an actress and she can't bear having to wait till others have finished talking to get back into the limelight again. I think I will have to wean myself off it too as I hate feeling so irritated. I am sure many will disagree but I don't think she's that beautiful either. I was watching her and her mother as they sat side by side once and although Isabelle is very elderly, she had a lttle make-up on and I thought, even at that age, her face was much more beautiful than Stephanie's. I also think she'd look better with her natural dark hair. Also, her need to over-dress and outshine the other women is very annoying. I found the whole CDs fascinating at first as it was so different from the usual You Tube rubbish but now I really can't stand to watch her! I find I am analysing her all the time!
Oh dear I’m going to be really bitchy here but I agree. I think she’s odd looking. She scrubs up well but in a very exaggerated OTT way. But I really have an issue having to look at the huge mouthful of odd teeth in close up as she shoves the camera in her face. The eyes - I always think of a dead fishes eyes on ice in the fishmongers. The weird skin thing at her right eye. And her claw like hands... wow. I’m totally rotten... but now I’m on a roll what drives me INSANE is the extreme French pronunciation whenever she says anything. French. I don’t think even real French people say it as she does. The effing Bernadeau or however it is spelled... Ber (clear throat sound) Narh (clear throat sound) Dough... and does Marie W say her name is Marie in the same way SJ says it? Don’t get me started on the maniacal deafening overwhelming LAUGH... and why was she running around with her hair all clipped up for her curls (my arse her hair turned out like that - she had Annalise I bet abandoning her home and boys in order to curl the Princesses hair on Christmas Eve) - but why clip it up when she has her €500.00 plus Dyson air wand that she used her own money to buy cause she doesn’t need her own money to pay for her shateau repairs because she gets free money for that... anything else I want to get off my chest... think that’ll do for now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

ChocLili

Why do SJ and MP always set a premiere time for their vlog. Can they not just upload it and then inform everyone that there is a new blog to watch. Super fans from around the world often moan that they can’t watch live due to the time difference. I never watch live, usually save it for when I’m ironing.
I’m not a YT ‘creator’ so had to look it up. Maybe the answer is contained below?

“YouTube has added a new way to share and watch videos: YouTube Premieres. Premieres are a mix between a live stream and a traditional YouTube video. You prerecord them, but then play those recordings live, with live chat and donations like standard live streams.”

• Heart
  • Sick

66carola

Chatty Member
Stephanie..is that you ???!!!
It's not against tattle rules to once in a while say something nice, give compliments or put things into perspective. 90% of her content I do like, otherwise I wouldn't watch it if I would be sooooo disgusted by her. So no, it's not SJ

• Haha

SableOnBlonde

I have unsubscribed to the chateau vloggers. I am appalled by their bottomless pit of opportunism that targets those who are a little lonely and vulnerable. If the vloggers could content themselves with the income generated by the videos through ads, likes, and subscribes then I would be OK with that. It has, however, degenerated into a pile of steaming you-know-what, where I almost expect someone to take the Burberry cap or tiara off their head and hold it out like Oliver Twist. Please sir, can I have some more? Their true colours are coming out as people begin to question the very thin veneer of saving this or restoring that--nasty language, borderline bullying and the exploitation of volunteers who end up doing laundry for a for-profit business (AKA slavery) instead of working on the restoration of a building as implied in the PR. To be fair, it took a while for me to clue into this. At first, there was the Louis Vuitton laptop case, then the LV handbag, but the clincher for me was the Fortnum & Mason hamper at Christmas and now Dan's hairbrained idea to cash in on people's good will with a chateau/community center in the middle of nowhere. My unsolicited advice for anyone who wants to do free building work that is helpful to others is to contact Habitat for Humanity. Donate to a good cause in your own community; if you are lonely, volunteer at a food bank. If you are depressed or anxious, talk to a friend, or better yet, go for a walk if you can. If you are bored, take a free online course. These guys aren't a charity. That little dopamine hit you get when one of them sticks a little heart emoji on your comment or when they tell you (and all their other viewers) how much it means to them that you like, then subscribe, then buy them a coffee, then donate to their Go Fund Me, then become a patron, then become a paying guest at their chateau, after having paid for a plane ticket, rented a car to drive out to the middle of nowhere, to find out that the renovations and restorations have all been shoddily done, and you don't even get to hang out with your hero/heroine might not be worth the investment of your own precious time and money. Vloggers are not real. It is a TV show.
Bravo! You’ve articulated exactly what is going here with these vloggers courting donations through patreon.

They are preying on lonely, needy people who feel they can buy the friendship of the Chatelaine or Chatelain. Meanwhile, the chatelain(e) rakes it in.

Surprised and disappointed by Dan’s half baked scheme to buy that ruin. It was supposed to be a “charity project”? A charity project for his family to live in a grand house, wtf....made no sense at all. So Dan will the money be refunded?

Last edited:
  • Heart

Rory

VIP Member
Is this thread about the people on the channel four Show
Not all persons shown. Only Stephanie Jarvis of Chateau de La Lande and side mentions of the Pethericks only.

When you think about the adults who have travelled across countries some with children to party at a chateau during a pandemic. MP & Ruthie, Imar & Kim, Nic & Marie & Hash & Dave. It's one thing to drive within a country but across borders? Does Nic never see his own family (his sister is an artist mentioned by SJ, she painted SJ early in her career)? does Ruth not have family? Does Marie not have french family or were they with them before travelling to LaLa. The second virus wave is very contagious and already in Europe. The more I think about it the more astounded I am.
And are they all going to isolate on return. Doesn't Marie have some role with EU or something? Hash? Davey? All working from home? As for Kim's husband - unbelievable!

There is a potpourri of lalande highlights from 2020 on Facebook. Post from BG. Unfortunately was not able to link it but it is good for a quick overview
I particularly like how Brenda inserted herself in the early dramas "as Stephanie was attempting to return from Vietnam I had sent her the required paperwork..." and "I was on the phone with Stephanie when Selma arrived in his camper van...." Amazing...she is like Forest Gump..inadvertently playing a pivotal role in history!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Rory

VIP Member
This is something which I also have been very concerned about, it sometimes reminds me of those repulsive TV Evangelists, who used to try to pluck the elderly bald back in the day...

I did wonder what Stephanie used for a creche last year, and the years before that, given the one in the attic was in such a state? She is no fool, and probably noticed that a surge in patrons occurred around the time she vlogged about saving the chapel. Many religious people were touched by that and I do notice that many of her followers are believers. I think she is cashing-in on the religious element and exploiting the pearl-clutchers; unfortunately that also broght her on to the hideous DB's radar.

But where will this all end?!

Well said Takeaway.
I think your point re SJ using people's religious beliefs is an important one. She has never displayed a nativity scene ever. She bought 2 in 2020 - one for the table and one for chapel. She has stated in at least 2 previous vlogs she is not religious at all. The Hong Kong couple who are now paying for annual church service for St Joseph and are patreons emailed, wrote in you tube comments section, finally getting her attention through sending a present with letter.

Queen Brenda is now running a "Who is your La La Land (spelling deliberate) soul mate" quiz. And people are doing it! It's like a children's/preteen's thing you see for K-pop or UK idol stars. How do Selma or Marie allow their photos/images to be used like this? This is not classy at all.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

NorrisCS

My my, the wacky Brenda@Donegal is busy basking in her artificially lit admin glow at the moment. Now she’s asking the FB brethren to haul out their woodland animal trinkets in honour of PP’s supposed adoration of such.

I’ve shared my porcelain parrot - showy but all it does is imitate. No response.

View attachment 370424
Born and bred Irish from Dublin I like most accents but the one I absolutely cannot abide is the Donegal accent. It kills me and Brenda’s overuse of Irishisms is so grating but worst of all is her constant use of the Donegal Wee. Wee this and wee that and wee craic and wee shenanigans and wee ugly as fcuk little ceramic hedgehog. I have this vision of Brenda spontaneously exploding and SJ watching gleefully and clapping her hands and laughing maniacally.... but I hope this never happens as I want Brenda to continue torturing SJ as long as there is breath in her body. I know this is a bit of a crazed rant but they all drive me insane.

• Haha
  • Heart

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
Heathcliffe, soll, la Calvignac ! where are you ? This thread is not the same without you.😥😥:unsure:
Darling, been busy during Christmas and new years 🍾 (y) ;) but still following this gossip and even managed to join this new one. Happy New YEAR to all of you. Still watching the vlogs too (only Stephanie, I fell off the Trotter wagon long time ago, is his cottage all done? Does he put out vlogs? How is his pink haired "friend"?) Now from a male perspective, Stephanie Jarvis is hot. She is, -sorry all green eyed monsters :alien: I would, and I am sure most men would, even her exes, given the chance. I see a lot of you think she is no oil painting, but she is hot. Pretty enough, hot body, and a very sexy nature, one can just imagine her in bed. She is bright and fun! If she really is doing Phillip, I would offer to step in, I think he is too feminine...but what do I know? Women make strange choices at times. Perhaps to make her ex jealous? I still don't think she is. I hope when she gets her pool and lake we will see more of her in bikinies and the like :unsure: and Nati too. Marie...not so much. Ruth, definitely, just put a bag over her head. That is in fact probably what MP does, and imagines his ex...hence the look on Ruth's face. Cat must return, she's a fab girl, entertaining! But looks wise more in Marie's corner,- not interesting. From one thing to another, did any of you send the gift channel any crap for a laugh yet? Must admit I'd almost be tempted...though that would be sinking low. :oops:

• Haha
  • Heart

66carola

Chatty Member
Brenda has removed post with sharp comments! Also she is apologising for the technical issues WE have been having, like she is there. She didn't notify peopke as she was sick.
She didn't notify people as she didn't know!
High tiered patreon limited edition postcards - she has an extra she is giving away.
I wonder why SJ isn't just posting herself on YouTube instead going back to Brenda first or telling Nati to post on Facebook where fans will find it only by coincidenc. It's more work and info gets lost. The moment she realises that she is wrinf she could just post on YouTube one sentence and that's it?

So love this visual. Imagine 6 months from now how MP2 and Nick will feel and Hanni who apparently moved in, to have all these middle aged women wandering around YOUR HOME, expecting you to dance with them, entertain them, enjoy the craic together. Whilst SJ is out looking at chateaus abroad with Oli.
Yeah, but if they want to stay there they have to book a room, so there is some control there not to be overrun.
And I guess non of them really looked up where Lalande actually is. It's not on a typical tourist route and actually quite expensive to extra travel there. And time consuming.
Most of the fans don't have the money for this kind of travelling.
I myself want to go there one day just for the fun of it to see it in action, since I am learning French for a couple of years and my son just started, too. So I planned to travel only France the next years to practice.
And since I did all the typical tourist regions of France already except Loire Valley I will be there anyway.
Look out for me😂 I am to shy to be on camera and to poor to stay for longer like Hanni to develop some kind of friendship, but who knows? If the stars align perfectly I might overcome my anxiety 😜
So if there is a middle-aged woman speaking bad french without any TALENTS useful to SJ with a teenage son without manners, that's probably me! I would say I will drop a spode plate as a sign for you all, but since I am so clumsy this will happen a couple of times anyway 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Loves to Read

Hi all and Happy New Year.. 1st post for me and prob not many more as i am a reader and not a writer but i have to say i have loved reading all the threads here and i laughed so much at some comments my insides hurt.. :D Anyway after catching up on the last few pages of this thread I've noticed that no one has mentioned what I'm thinking may be guest number 12. At the end of the CD Happy New Year vlog counting everyone and adding Ruthie and Nic that makes 11 so the man walking through the kitchen at 7.03 in, would he make number 12 ???

Attachments

• Wow

sandro37

VIP Member
So, here’s the thing: ages ago I mentioned that there was no rule of six. It seems it only applies in restaurants, etc... It is not legally possible to enforce numbers in private homes. They ask for people to limit as much as possible and for them to take tests. Children under 18 are not included in numbers. Just saying...
what do you think her fans would say if they knew that 10 people traveled around Europe and landed in lalaland to drink eat and have a party time, while other sit at home not seeing their families, or better, are at work and fight to save lives of their family members, would they consider it escapism or would they find it inconsiderate, selfish and vile?
what would they say if they found out that she was lying to them all along?

still not sure what people dont understand about non-essential travel?

to me it is just disgusting, this is how it is spread and they all are now part of the problem, and for what? to party?
they don't have to give it each other, or happily survive it, but what about the people they met on their way either there or on the way back, some of them do not even know if they have it, the test would not show anything in 72 hours so what are we are now pretending? that just because it is just a recommendation and not illegal it is cool to just do what they do?

does she understand that 100K are subscribed to her channel and that she has the power to influence and therefore responsibility and that she is a role model for many ... should the followers now throw parties and pretend that they are at each other's place for work or that they live there bc they own 10 percent and also their BF of the month lives there as well because you supposedly own a piece?????

just imagine Selmar or Ian, both above 50, would end up in ICU on a ventilator, would these partygoers still feel as enthusiastic about this wonderful non-illegal just notrecommended gathering? 👏👏👏👏
would they feel good if they killed someone's mother or grandfather? because of what, a turkey? another giftgrab, a content? lys de fleur showcasing?

Last edited:
  • Heart

frenchessence

Chatty Member
I have now, after suggestion watched a bit of young Trotter's vlog. Not much progress though he looks happier...I'll give him that. The cottage funded by the masses was still not very finished and not very impressive. His ragged clan make my family look like the Windsors, what an awful lot. :sick:And now they all have begging channels?:oops: The sister must have given birth at the age of 10 or something, again getting gypsy wibes. Why does Michael think it is important for people to see him cook a Christmas dinner with his treasured AGA? I think it is all in his imagination, this Christmas meal was more important to himself for some weird reason. The AGA is his anchor. The old american ladies surely just want to see him bat his eyelashes at them and pretend he is not gay. Must admit my gaydar is no good at all, but it seems impossible that he is straight. Phillip seems more like a trans crossdresser or something of the sort...but I am no expert. Allrighty, that was my bitching for the day...though I must annoy you all by saying again ; She is HOT. She is, and women will always hate her for it. Her mother is also a bit like that, a woman I am sure women will have hated when she was younger. Sexy and she knows it. The old bat would not have been my type though, she is scary and snake like.
Still very funny Heathcliffe. I have never ever sat through a Petherick video ... they are ALL pikies (sp ?) Simply vile. It’s beyond me that anyone would send MP (or any of associated copy-crap bloggers money (yes Foul Philly and Ridiculous Ryan I’m talking to you). MP gained those followers purely on the back of his association with SJ, and this is when he was at his best : as a gauche gay side-kick who could colour-in, cook and cackle.

Now then, Monsieur Heathcliffe ....as a woman in her 40’s who has modelled (albeit clothing catalogues) I have not been without admirers in my younger, more photogenic days. I ran with a crowd of pretty people (how ridiculously shallow and superficial I hear you all cry !) .... Anyone with an iota of prettiness on the Looks Scale received a lot of attention from men. Sorry girls, but it’s the truth. Men like Pretty Girls and SJ just about manages to squeeze into this category with her unconventional looks. it doesn’t matter AT FIRST, if they are wicked, stupid or bad, easy on the eye appeals to blokes. Everything aside, as a woman heading for 50, SJ is still pretty. She doesn’t have an aesthetic that is conventional, she sort of falls into the ‘quirky’ looks group. She sends out I’m a saucy, cheeky, flirty, fun plaything vibe, which overrides any flaws in her physical attraction. I doubt many men could out up with her for more than a few frolics. Potty deserves a medal, but hey, how many girls could put up with him ? Those two vanities are incredibly well suited. Simply made for each other, its no wonder they served a ten year stretch together .

Let’s start off the day being a little kind to LOTL, forgetting her faults and merely commenting on her visuals, imo she could be on the silver screen ....her sort of beauty belongs in a Carry On film 😂

She is the beauty equivalent of a Barbara Windsor character (sorry Babs RIP) and men are like schoolboys when they are titillated with the obvious. Not blaming you dear Heathcliffe, it’s just how it is 😉😘

Great work!..he's nearly got the paaarfect right too!!
This is absolutely BRILLIANT! I cannot believe he hasn’t taken lessons from SJ (or vice versa) I beg everyone to watch this . It’s too funny. Someone should send this to Stephanie just incase she doesn’t see it here. Such a good find 👏👏👏

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha