Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Christie_Espana

First of all, hello. Second, excuse my English

as it’s not my first language. Third, I appreciate I stumbled upon people who seem to have a sound, healthy and thinking brain.

Let me introduce myself; I am a Norwegian living in Spain, working as a medical translator and artist. The translation work is a guarantee I put food on my table, my art is my soul, my life, my inspiration and a reason to feel happy.

Why do I want to air my opinion? Because I sometimes go frustrated to bed over things I really couldn’t care less about. Actually angry.

I watched a lot of YouTube videos, as that is my light entertainment when I paint. I forget them as soon as I go to the next video. But this chateau is something else.

I watched the early episodes of this so-called chatelaine, meaning owns and control a chateau. She does not. She controls her x-es, that’s all.

I liked her for two minutes, as she was well spoken when it came to certain aspects of art and history. Then she asked for money as she saw a business opportunity, and I have to say, let the fools be fooled.

Stephanie, living in her own world from childhood, with a dominant mother and distant father painting crap from disturbed sexual fantasies. Yes, they do belong in private. Most painters want to share as we spend so much time alone, and we all think we are exceptional. Unless.

Stephanie, given education and things from lack of attention, soon discovers how to get her way. With boring, always half-hard privileged boys.

Stephanie beautiful as many claim? What is your beauty standards? She is pale blue from lack of healthy food. She has bad teeth and bleached hair. Photogenic with filters is a completely different matter.

She has completely shot herself in her foot, soon those money givers she grab from will show up on the door step, and she will have to give back in a way she never expected.

Isabelle; I noticed you in those first videos, how annoying it was to have the camera in your face. Fake a** money lover.

Marie; I don’t know what your going through, but as a Norwegian, I know everybody who wants their teeth’s fixed will have it for free. I learned more about flowers in a week’s class about flower arrangements than you can come up with. You’re lost.

Selmar; an explorer who lost his way completely. Not that much hope for you. Time is flying my friend.

Nathalie; It’s never to late, we all lost a year.

The young Dutch; It’s too late, you will never have a voice of your own. You lean on those old/ middle age female commenters who find something attractive in you. A really scary bunch. And you will continue doing so.

So,
should I start my my own YouTube channel showing the progress in my work, beautiful Spain, celebs, my exhibitions, maybe buy a rural home asking you to fund it.
No.
Only screwed British does that.
Happy NewYear!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Minxxx

I don’t think it matters how the Spode is funded. It’s grating that she is spending excessive amounts of money on porcelain while she’s accepting thousands of pounds in her online begging bowl every month.

Even if she never purchased another plate again, she would be fine. She wastes so much cash on indulgent personal belongings: she could easily fund the lake and panelling on her own.

• Heart

NorrisCS

Re the Dan & family Chateau grab saga, I am speechless! & have unsubscribed. Out of all the Chateau YouTubers they seemed one of the nicest, in fact at one point Analise was saying the word “literally” about 30 times an episode & when people on here pointed it out she suddenly stopped, I guess she reads tattle 👍 well if you’re reading analise it would be wise after all the generous donations so far & I'm sure there’s a lot we don’t know about. Finish your farm buildings/cottages/barn that you live in, lots of YouTube content there (we never see the rest of their house? It could be a palace for all we know) once you’ve done up the whole house & your acres of land you can sell it & buy the chateau, like people in the real world have to do & not expect other people to pay for it. There are clearly some very vulnerable people watching these channels handing over family heirlooms & wads of cash. It’s getting very dark now with all the begging. I’m amazed a newspaper hasn’t got hold of this yet, it wouldn’t take much for a journalist to work out what’s going on. Ruthy, Potty’s girlfriend used to work for a paper that would love this expose 👀 Daily Mail scoop!!!!!
I 100% agree with the comment about there being some very vulnerable people watching the vlogs. People maybe with very few close family or friends, lonely and alone who view these vloggers as their community, their friends, and they think they are helping them. It really does beggar belief that the likes of SJ, the Trotters, and now even Dan who has a job as does his missus with her hair business, putting their privileged paws out and asking strangers to give them money, to pay for renovations for their homes (or in SJ’s case to pay for viciously expensive and quite ugly vintage fabric for her bedroom) I just cannot get my head around these patrons thinking this is an altruistic way to use their “disposable” income.. they must do it in the belief that their money somehow gives them a place in these peoples lives. They are being conned and these disgusting people are snickering all the way to the bank. SJ’s walloping spending spree with BJJ - the bespoke chocolates alone that they shoved down their gullets on the ride home would have cost a bomb! Patrons pay for supposed renovations so that the SJ’s and her ilk can spend their own money on lavish treats... and not a cent on their homes or businesses!

• Heart

Incognito Chatelaine

He does seem to have a good education, I even believe he was in a British boarding school. He wears some fancy ring nobody usually does on continental Europe. So there must be some money there.
A good education is very affordable in The Netherlands, e.g. a Masters' Degree at Erasmus University costs approximately €2500. He does not speak RP English, so I cannot comment on the British boarding school.

I spent many years in NL and I can tell you that Philip is not a "kakker" (Sloane Ranger). He would not be considered particularly attractive, well-dressed or charming. For Dutch understanding, he has the air of someone trying to be someone he is not. If there is one thing the Dutch do not like, it is people being pretentious. Moreover, the photographs of his grandparents' home (which he shared in some vlogs) are commensurate with a normal middle class Dutch family.

In sum, I would say Philip is attempting to appear as though he is someone, which is why he probably choose this chateau as a voluntary project and the reason why he is such a sycophant. Ultimately, sycophants are parasites, and SJ is surrounded by them - many people associated with CD have started their own YT channel to cash-in on SJ's popularity and Philip is no exception as an opportunist - it is just that he has his sights set on a much larger prize then YT subscribers. He is, of course, delusional that he will ever truly profit from her, other than perhaps to garner attention and boost his acting career.

I think the true victims of all of this will be the subscribers who are lonely and counting the days until they can visit their "friends" at Lalande. SJ will panic when the hoards of superfans start making their way to the chateau and the volunteers will be left to deal with the fallout. I wonder what the comments section of CD will look like then? Not to mention what will happen when the lockdowns end and people no longer have that much time on their hands. I think SJ would do well to be saving her funds rather than flittering them away, but one thing is certain, she will do everything possible to escape the consequences of her actions and people like Philip are in for a rude awakening.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Lizg123

I’ll say this. Stephanie if you’re reading this, please fire Brenda for posting about and actually *linking* to this thread for all your biggest fans to read critiques about you. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ She is a liability for your business and livelihood.

• Heart

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
It was already awkward how he met with Cat, I believe they haven't met before? Don't think she felt welcome and probably won't make a stop on her way back again
Quite right! I think Trotter boy is a little bit bitchy, he won't like people taking his "spot in the sun" at Lalande. Now if, (but this surely cannot be the case) Phillip actually was having it off with Stephanie that would infuriate Michael... but I think he is safe there. I'd like to imagine Stephanie preferring men like myself (hah ha, just allow me this little pleasure :ROFLMAO: I would love to make her forget her hoarding for an hour:devilish:) Alas, Phillip is most likely gay/transvestite, but sadly I have no proper gaydar. The most amusing senario would of course be that Phillip and Michael were terrible sexually frustrated when they met, and ended up making up for it in the barn ,- and poor Selmar stumbled across them :LOL: As a couple I am sure they could be a hit on Youtube, purchasing a Shat-o and then take it from there. True romance between Peter Rabbit and Sonic the Hedgehog... The American die hard fans would just convince themselves that the boys were only good friends...

• Haha

ChocLili

This is madness, the 75000 are for buying and hopefully tax and any real estate agents? Next comes then another gofundme for getting estimates how to restore it? And then another gofundme for 10 Million to rebuild it? And then in between he will realise that he can't finish it and will sell it, but all the donors won't get their money back, am I right?
Do old French chateaux cast some sort of haunted spell, disproportionately affecting Brits, which causes those living souls to lose any sense of rational thought and financial acumen?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

ChocLili

Thank you all above for the direction to the SJ, LOTLL ‘personal’ FB page comments (hello Nati, hello Yvonne). And a special thank you to our own P&tP. What entertainment is the defence of the rabid fan!

Godwin’s law applies, even to SJ defenders. See attached comment. I don’t recall Anne Frank hanging her diary on her front door or broadcasting it on the wireless, 1940s YouTube style.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

Vaffle

Social media crisis management fail.

1.Two official Facebook groups, one gone under much drama and the other renamed and declared the official.
2. Brenda doxxing in clear violation of many laws. Post deleted.
3. Posts deleted without public response

Zero response, consistent brand voice (nope), social listening (pbly not), well defined roles (ERP!)

I would have respect if the tone returning after break was after introspection, we realized that our holiday celebrations were not the best judgement, we have let you down.... donation to local hospital, clinic, something instead of. Oh more spode, limoges, TEA daahling.

My friend's husband is recovering from his 2nd surgery related to his covid infection. Currently, he is in hospital hallway since all beds are full.

• Sad
  • Wow
Yes, they all have that gypsy, unwashed look...
My heritage is from a gypsy background. Strict historical code of cleanliness actually, built up over centuries on the road.

Ok ok ok. Man, at least we could all see his "faults". I think he and SJ bounced off each other better and weren't so juvenile all the time. He never assumed ownership of the Chateau. I think he is troubled and god knows if the family is anything to go by he didn't stand much chance. PJJ to me is deceptive in his polite waiter demeanor.
I agree. I think Petherick at least had something about him, his own personality & clear opinions about what he liked. All Phil appears to do is mirror everything that Princess Stephanie likes. Nodding and snorting along with every bon mot that drops from her lips. Everything she likes, he loves. If you are a shallow vain person then he is exactly the mirror you need to validate that you're fabulous. He brings nothing to the table..apart from quite literally the place settings.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I've been catching up on all the fb group shenanigans related on here and one couldn't make it up! BG calling tattlers out for their "verbal brutality" when some of her folk are literally comparing a commenter with absolutely valid (and politely presented) criticism with a Nazi... truly flabbergasting!

At least that presents some ideas for the next thread title... Chateau Diaries #8: Nous sommes tous Valerie? lol
Seriously, I think it is best if I leave under this nom de plume. I've had a couple of messages telling me to back off on SJ. I've had 4 views of my Linked In profile yesterday/today. I've set my FB to highest security settings & made my Instagram account private. Seeing some of the reactions of the SJ fans I think it's best I lay low for a bit. Had another message from YV - confirming that she does not get paid for what she does (??WTF??!!) "If you wish to continue this discussion, you will have to do so with Stephanie." - replied that I didn't want to bother her with something trivial (sarcasm alert). Needless to say that went right over her head & have been told that she's removing me from her list of contacts. How will I survive? Have blocked most of the crazies but it looks like my comment has been removed so can't see them all anyway. Good luck tattlers, weeping into my toile de jouy hankie x

• Sad
  • Heart

66carola

Chatty Member
This is madness, the 75000 are for buying and hopefully tax and any real estate agents? Next comes then another gofundme for getting estimates how to restore it? And then another gofundme for 10 Million to rebuild it? And then in between he will realise that he can't finish it and will sell it, but all the donors won't get their money back, am I right?

• Heart
  • Wow

peony89

if it is any comfort, the ad revenue from all the Chateau Unwrapped videos does go to charity. She has said the amounts from each month and what charities they went to.
I think the charity donation is a bit of a red herring. Okay, Stephanie spends her time filming herself opening the presents and editing (if she doesn't have a volunteer there to edit the videos) but apart from that she is getting the benefit of the gifts AND the benefit of looking generous by making the donations to charity. It's the fans who are paying for the gifts and postage to send them and therefore creating the content.

A lot of the stuff is tat but some does have a value like the Tiffany items/porcelain and things like the clothes/not appalling art work/champagne/luxury spirits also mean she doesn't have to buy that stuff for herself.

Maybe I'm too cynical and of course the money going to charity is a good thing. Just reminds me of wealthy people going to a ball for some charitable cause and a fortune is spent on evening gowns and suits, food, drinks, venue hire etc but everyone can give themselves a pat on the back because a few thousand was raised for charity.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
I have now, after suggestion watched a bit of young Trotter's vlog. Not much progress though he looks happier...I'll give him that. The cottage funded by the masses was still not very finished and not very impressive. His ragged clan make my family look like the Windsors, what an awful lot. :sick:And now they all have begging channels?:oops: The sister must have given birth at the age of 10 or something, again getting gypsy wibes. Why does Michael think it is important for people to see him cook a Christmas dinner with his treasured AGA? I think it is all in his imagination, this Christmas meal was more important to himself for some weird reason. The AGA is his anchor. The old american ladies surely just want to see him bat his eyelashes at them and pretend he is not gay. Must admit my gaydar is no good at all, but it seems impossible that he is straight. Phillip seems more like a trans crossdresser or something of the sort...but I am no expert. Allrighty, that was my bitching for the day...though I must annoy you all by saying again ; She is HOT. She is, and women will always hate her for it. Her mother is also a bit like that, a woman I am sure women will have hated when she was younger. Sexy and she knows it. The old bat would not have been my type though, she is scary and snake like.

• Haha
  • Heart

Incognito Chatelaine

Just one thing -: when I joined this group I found It witty & even light hearted but with so many new members (measure of success !) It has become more strident. Shame that Covid is taking all of us for a manic ride.
To be fair to the contributors of this thread, the blatant disregard of covid safety recommendations has upset many, especially those who have endured great suffering.

These indulgences mock pain and loss for many, and that is deeply offensive.

• Heart

Allen

So what’s going to happen in 2021?

My money is on Isabelle hitting the place like a tornado in the spring and takes over fiscal control. Some projects will get modified. Good news is she and Dan will transform the gardens which is why I’m still going to watch.

Evens. Phil and Ange end up in a one bed flat in Tower Hamlets. Chateau Life is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

3/1. Nutty elopes with Selmar to run a tapas bar in the Algarve.

5/1. Marie’s still there next Christmas cooking away.

10/1. PJJ moves back to Holland working as a waiter at SJ’s Georgian friend’s restaurant with ideas of running a trans revue bar with female impersonator acts.

15/1. Potty won’t be spending next Christmas at La Lande.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
Just liked your comment!
Me too! I sympathised in the live comments with the chap who said he has been diagnosed with Covid - and went on to say how irresponsible it was for people to have had large gatherings over Christmas and New Year. No comments!😈

• Heart