The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This just popped up in my feed! It was fun to watch, what a massive amount of work by loads of people speaking French!!

I had it yesterday, impressive, that's how thinks are done! No faffing, no snorting, professionals at work, or well trained volunteers. I tried to find the financial plan for phase 1 and didn't find it, for phase 2 they are trying to raise 300'000 euros, and have 2/3 already.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
My mother- in -law was raised as a Methodist. Converted to being a Catholic because my father in law made my husband and the other siblings go to church with him and she would go alone to the Methodist church. So "if you can't beat I'm join 'em.
Anyway , when she came for Christmas she would bring a cupcake with a candle and make my of sons sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. My dad was a non practising Catholic, believed in God though, and would still roll his eyes every year she had them do that.
So I don't think that is an American Tradition but is probably done in homes everywhere more than you think.
Cakes for Jesus are definitely not an American thing, especially for devout Catholics! It cheapens the meaning of Christmas. My non-Catholic cousin once made a cake for Baby Jesus in her new Easy Bake Oven. My mother, a devout Catholic, rolled her eyes and nothing more was said about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It might be isolation or the post Christmas woolly head but I'm totally at a loss as to what @MojoDublin is saying here.
Yes I'm a dog lover and those are my old quotes.
Had you read any of @KiKiGee posting that you in fact showed the photos first

Isolation can do a lot
they recommend you get out for a walk at leaste … clear the wholly head
😈

OT- my local grocery has a gentleman who works there who I refer to as "Bruce Jenner"- he SERIOUSLY looks like an older version of the 1980s Bruce Jenner (like when Bruce Jenner was a Olympic Champion, was on a box of Wheaties, and was a role model to all of us young runners.) This "Caitlyn" person is NOT Bruce Jenner to me- he's a farce! My grocery Bruce Jenner is far more bad-ass- Army paratrooper during 'Nam, served a tour in Korea, and only works at the grocery as "something to do" during retirement.
...years ago...when in Tahoe...my girlfriend and I met him...he came up to us...and made his play. biggest ego you’d ever meet...totally
into himself and thought we would fall all over him...didn’t happen. in reality...just ok looking but not sexy at all...

• Sick
@Kickintheass
Dec 9, 2021

Amury's dogs must be feeling abandoned. He was to bring them to lala. What's happened?

@Kickintheass
Dec 21, 2021

I am worried for Amury's dogs. Now they have been abandoned by Auntie and Uncle. Meanwhile there are other dogs at Lala. Curtis's and Immuno girl. Future B and B guests will all expect to be able to bring their pets too.

Did he lose custody of the dogs, (he has two)??? Or, does he have visitation rights??? Maybe, his last trip was to visit the dogs???

View attachment 950180
It was posted in October too ...

(3) The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming | Page 30 | Tattle Life

Reactions: 2
I find it interesting how we (all collectively here) get different points of view from watching the same thing. I was actually surprised he seemed to know where things went. Amaury was conversing with him and doing what Philip was telling him to. Philip also seemed to know the measurements of some of the panels (seemingly off the top of his head). SJ was also complimenting him on knowing where things went. I won't say I was impressed but that's the view I got out of it. He did look totally ridiculous though.
I thought about that too, but I came to the conclusion it fits a pattern, he is an excessively keen stephanologist, and likes to show that he has memorized everything she says/has said in old vlogs, so he would have of course invested his (scarce?) brain cells in her pet project of the moment, i.e. the panelling. This over-investment might be his downfall, I don't think SJ always appreciates being continuously confronted with every word she has uttered in the past.

Reactions: 14
That half-bath really is overdone for the farmhouse. Just like putting lipstick on a pig.
Everything she does is lipstick on a pig, until she sorts out the rendering, windows, doors, insulation and heating it will remain a pig, and who puts up wallpaper before sorting out the covering and final fix, always the cart before the horse!

I don't know why (as I haven't heard anything about it) but I think they are planning to buy something for themselves, like a farmhouse close to the shittoo. A farm would suit Armoir much better and he can make a vlog about the restoration based on what Dan did and is doing. They might even go for that farmhouse Oliver was so interested in, as it's really close to the HMN and Nutty could basically walk to work then. Anyway, just a suggestion, what I would do, because any permanent residency at her shittoo is like a voluntary lockup in an insane asylum.
This would make much more sense. Who on earth would like to take over running her farmhouse?

Reactions: 17
Stephfending here because I also grew up in another country and only talked with my parents their mother tongue- if at all, usually we all spoke a weird mixture.
I understand everything but I speak it with a strong accent though I even went to the language school in the afternoon for a couple of years. And I certainly don't speak complicated sentences. I, too would take someone with me to discuss legal things with the mayor for example.
I guess she even speaks with mummy English when alone with her.
Maybe... but Tone Tone ! After 16 years in France...

And her mother is French and should have spoken in french to her child.

Biilngual family here living abroad. Teenage kids speaking both languages with no accent at all (dad speaks in english and mum speaks in french). Kids speak in both languages to their parents.

Reactions: 16
On the CD episode “A Christmas Suprise…” at about 13:17, Amaury slips his chocolate into Natti’s skirt pocket. Hilarious!

ok maybe not hilaaaarrrious….but amusing.

aaaand edit 3….maybe it’s not a chocolate….I realize that wouldn’t be very nice to do…and kind of gooey….at any rate….he slipped something in there.
Maybe a French letter? Who's old enough to know what I mean?

• Haha
  • Heart
This came from the visit to Ian's wife's new shop, when she flashed her undercarriage to all and sundry, trying those shoes!

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 17.19.14.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Aargh! Spend a penny has to be the worst saying.
Oh I don't know, I've heard far worse! 😂 For Tattlers from outside of the UK, it refers to a penny charge to use a public convenience.
Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 17.24.48.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I agree, Philip appeared to have done his homework. It sounded to me like he's spent a lot of time with it and with measuring and thinking about it, even more than SJ has. He was very invested in it all.
Well we all wonder what he does all day for month after month, after month, one thing he is not is "invested in it", I bet you all the tea in the Chateau that he will not have dipped into his own (empty) pockets towards the costs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.